Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously does anyone like either candidate?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously does anyone like either candidate?

Once again the primary system has failed us. And we have 2 candidates that makes everyone think " I have to choose between the lesser of 2 evils, no matter who they decide to vote for"

How can anyone watch that debacle of a debate last night and have faith in either of these candidates to be a good president, at a time when we need a good president more than ever.

Is it too late for Bloomberg to throw his hat into the ring as a 3rd party candidate. i have now decided to vote for anyone, but these 2 incompetent puppets. I would have voted for the McCain of 2000, not this sad rendition of him, and Obama, if you are going to be a puppet for the democratic political machine, at least try to hide the strings.

We just had a puppet president for the last 8 years, the last thing we need is another one. Since it looks like Obama will be the next president, all I ask of him is to grow a spine, and not just be a Ventriloquist dummy for the democratic political machine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll be electing the lesser of two evils in November. It is sad that these political parties have not been able to provide us with better choices.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Kerry more, but I am enthusiastic about a potential Obama presidency. Of course, I am a liberal and I am proud of my liberalism.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't throw your vote away. Vote Barr.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's too bad Colin Powell wasn't running...he'd have my vote without hesitation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    58% of Obama supporters characterize themselves as 'enthusiastic'

only 30% of McCan supporters say the same

[url]http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gEj5nxMKBYeIE04RxBF4lS5V_lXwD93LNMK00[/url]

some people like their candidate

it's just not you

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2795364]It's too bad Colin Powell wasn't running...he'd have my vote without hesitation.[/QUOTE]

after he sold the UN a fake bill of goods on WMD his credibility is shot and his taste for politics is gone

wonder who we can thank for that

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I have, I'm Republican.. ashamed of my parties neglegence.
    I feel I have been let down.
    I'm torn and will have trouble casting a vote in a month.
    This situation has taught me to educate myself and to learn.
    About politics, Democratic Issues, Republican Issues, and Marksist Issues...
    I just hope as I'm sure everyone does that our Commander and Chief.
    Will do his best, I think that the people in general don't matter to either party.
    This trickle down notion is not working.
    I will apoligize ahead of time.
    For my spelling, grammer and punctuation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2795371]after he sold the UN a fake bill of goods on WMD his credibility is shot and his taste for politics is gone

wonder who we can thank for that[/QUOTE]

British intel had the same information as we did and perhaps even more. You know that old saying about not shooting the messenger.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I genuinely like Barack Obama. I'm 3 months older than he is so I identify with him. We're also about the same height & weight.

I don't like John McCain but I support him for President simply because Obama is inexperienced and doesn't have the greatest judgment in the world. Obama + Biden + Pelosi + Reid = too many Democrats with too many economic & national security problems with NO oversight.

McCain + Palin + Pelosi + Reid = Checks-and-balances/balanced government.

:jets18

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2795364]It's too bad Colin Powell wasn't running...he'd have my vote without hesitation.[/QUOTE]

+++ 1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ciaran;2795340]I liked Kerry more, but I am enthusiastic about a potential Obama presidency. Of course, I am a liberal and I am proud of my liberalism.[/QUOTE]

Obama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kerry

[IMG]http://www.blogsforbush.com/images/flipolympics.jpg[/IMG]

I personally however am not for either candidate as of now. I lean more Republican but am worried about McCain's health + stance on alot of issues. Obama again I'm not with on issues. Neither candidate grabs me at all. I'm gunna have to go the route alot of others are... lesser of two.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been nearly as enthusiastic about a candidate as I am about Obama. For the first time in a long time, the Democrats not only put up a viable, electable candidate, but one who I respect and whose views match mine very well. Obviously we disagree on some issues, but that is going to happen with any candidate who, well, isn't me.

Obama will make a very very fine president, and love him, hate him, or ignore him, its pretty hard to argue that the man is not an impressive political force...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    interesting point. and i swear that i saw a similar article on like page 6 of the financial times or maybe even the ny times that pretty much validated the fact that saddam did try to purchase yellowcake from nigeria in spite of joe wilsons exhaustive investigation from his hotel room. the document may have been fake but the action was real. maybe 50 years from now we'll find out.

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2795394]British intel had the same information as we did and perhaps even more. You know that old saying about not shooting the messenger.[/QUOTE]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is it that everyone chooses to limit their voting to only two parties? DO you guys know you have choices?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2795428]I really like that VP Candidate on the Republican ticket :thumbup:

As for the rest of the candidates .... :dunno:[/QUOTE]

I think the best chance of her becoming president is to learn on the job with McCain.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2795428]I really like that VP Candidate on the Republican ticket :thumbup:

As for the rest of the candidates .... :dunno:[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I hope two things in the following order (assuming Obama wins).

a) I hope that Obama is a good President and that he doesn't recreate the calamity that was Carter with the lack of character that was Clinton. I hope for all of our sakes that I am wrong.

b) I hope the Amercan people finally get it and decide to just vote ALL of them out. We need to have at least a minirevolution and remind the gov't that we are in charge. So far the lobbyists, special interests and political machines are wagging the dog (for both parties.)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may be in the minority, but I actually like both candidates. If you're waiting for a guy so bedazzling you believe he can snap his fingers and all of our problems will go away, then you're waiting for the second coming.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SDJETS;2795439]I haven't been nearly as enthusiastic about a candidate as I am about Obama. For the first time in a long time, the Democrats not only put up a viable, electable candidate, but one who I respect and whose views match mine very well. Obviously we disagree on some issues, but that is going to happen with any candidate who, well, isn't me.

Obama will make a very very fine president, and love him, hate him, or ignore him, its pretty hard to argue that the man is not an impressive political force...[/QUOTE]

Can I assume you're far left wing? B/c that's what you'll get with Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid running the whole show...

Obama votes party-line 96% of the time
    Biden=96.7%
    Reid=94.6%
    Pelosi=98.3%

Talk about a list of party hacks!! :rofl:

The top 32 Senators in party-line voting are all 'rats except one whose Independent but votes 'rat

McCain voted party-line 88.3, so who's proven to cross party lines to get something done?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/assets_c/2008/05/Bob%20Barr%20small-thumb-425x279.jpg[/IMG]