Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seriously does anyone like either candidate?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The South Park writers say it is always between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. But you must vote or Puff Daddy is going to cap your ass.

I am leaning towards Obama. I have never voted Dem. I think he has a better record on alternative energy. If the campaign redurect is true.

I like it when the reporters try to find out if the statements they make during their debates and speeches are true.

Who to vote for the turd or the douche? Which is witch?:(

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2795371]after he sold the UN a fake bill of goods on WMD his credibility is shot and his taste for politics is gone

wonder who we can thank for that[/QUOTE]

Ah the liberal mantra

"There is always someone else to blame"

No wonder Obama has so many people snookered...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Obama, and I think he has the potential to be a very good President. We disagree on some issues, but his intelligence and grasp of the issues won me over.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    They both suck.

I may vote Barr.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2795680]I may be in the minority, but I actually like both candidates. If you're waiting for a guy so bedazzling you believe he can snap his fingers and all of our problems will go away, then you're waiting for the second coming.[/QUOTE]

So your saying that theres still a shot we can get Jesus as president?:confused:

Just messin but seriously neither candidate has shown me anything that makes them stand out. In the debate they danced around questions to find away to attack each other rather than giving a good answer. I don't know I'm just really not impressed with either of them. I'm probably gunna vote for Barrack in the end though even though I lean R.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SDJETS;2795439]I haven't been nearly as enthusiastic about a candidate as I am about Obama. For the first time in a long time, the Democrats not only put up a viable, electable candidate, but one who I respect and whose views match mine very well. Obviously we disagree on some issues, but that is going to happen with any candidate who, well, isn't me.

Obama will make a very very fine president, and love him, hate him, or ignore him, its pretty hard to argue that the man is not an impressive political force...[/QUOTE]

+1

None of the republicans do much for me. Other than Obama, none of the other democrats do much for me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETS2417;2795912]So your saying that theres still a shot we can get Jesus as president?:confused:

Just messin but seriously neither candidate has shown me anything that makes them stand out. In the debate they danced around questions to find away to attack each other rather than giving a good answer. I don't know I'm just really not impressed with either of them. I'm probably gunna vote for Barrack in the end though even though I lean R.[/QUOTE]

I find Jesus to be too weak on national defense to get my vote.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ADemas;2795473]How is it that everyone chooses to limit their voting to only two parties? DO you guys know you have choices?[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, and it's sad that no one has even commented on it yet. So many voters are brainwashed to think that there's only two choices, but there's absolutely nothing stopping anyone from voting for a third (or fourth or fifth) party. I live in Florida, and I guarantee when I go to the polls next month, I'll have AT LEAST five different choices for president. Now I know I'm gonna vote for Obama, but in 2000 I actually voted Libertarian. I was a huge Clinton fan and I liked Gore, but his choice of Lieberman turned me away, and there was no way I was gonna vote for Bush the Dumber (I already knew back then the guy was a FUBAR waiting to happen, don't know how other people couldn't see that).

There are always more than two choices, but voters are conditioned to think that kind of vote is a waste, that anyone other than a Dem or Repub could be viable. Well, let's see...if you take half of Obama's votes and half of McCain's votes and give them to Bob Barr or Ron Paul as write-ins, those guys become viable candidates...and probably president. So if you truly feel that neither major candidate is right for you, speak with your vote. There ARE options, you just gotta free your mind enough to make it happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2795690]Can I assume you're far left wing? B/c that's what you'll get with Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid running the whole show...

Obama votes party-line 96% of the time
    Biden=96.7%
    Reid=94.6%
    Pelosi=98.3%

Talk about a list of party hacks!! :rofl:

The top 32 Senators in party-line voting are all 'rats except one whose Independent but votes 'rat

McCain voted party-line 88.3, so who's proven to cross party lines to get something done?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember actually mentioning anything about crossing party lines. In fact, the (here, I'll use a funny little insult too) 'Pubes have so screwed everything up that I'd prefer them be left out of things all together.

I'm not "far left wing," and the very idea that Obama is "far left wing" is hilarious. If by "far left wing" you mean he's left of the Clintons, then yes. Of course, you are probably the type to call Gingrich a centrist. Just because someone is left of your views and left of the mainstream doesn't make him "the most liberal senator in history" or any of that garbage. :zzz::zzz:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama is leading in the polls because millions of Americans have bought into the idea that Government solves all their problems as long as they're all too willing to submit to them.

McCain is lackluster to most voters these days because his campaign themes have become an awful form of Big Government-lite.

This country is currently going straight to hell while we watch these guys campaign over who has the better hand basket.

Depressing stuff and I wish I had some answers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SDJETS;2795439]I haven't been nearly as enthusiastic about a candidate as I am about Obama. For the first time in a long time, the Democrats not only put up a viable, electable candidate, but one who I respect and whose views match mine very well. Obviously we disagree on some issues, but that is going to happen with any candidate who, well, isn't me.

Obama will make a very very fine president, and love him, hate him, or ignore him, its pretty hard to argue that the man is not an impressive political force...[/QUOTE]

Could not of said it better myself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SDJETS;2795439]I haven't been nearly as enthusiastic about a candidate as I am about Obama. For the first time in a long time, the Democrats not only put up a viable, electable candidate, but one who I respect and whose views match mine very well. Obviously we disagree on some issues, but that is going to happen with any candidate who, well, isn't me. [/QUOTE]

Definitely viable and electable but his candidacy has been more of a phenomenon, a dramatic ascension to popularity during a time of disgust with our current political situation and economy, than anything else. Strip away the flash, the polish and the fact that he's being compared to John McCain and you don't have much substance IMO. Obama is basically the Kimbo Slice of current politics. He gets people very excited, there's lots of buzz, but could be a major letdown when its actually time for action.

[QUOTE]
    [B]Obama will make a very very fine president, and love him, hate him, or ignore him, its pretty hard to argue that the man is not an impressive political force...[/B][/QUOTE]

Good post and you're entitled to your opinion. But you could easily say this about anyone.

You can love Karl Rove, hate him, or ignore him, but its pretty hard to argue that the man is not an impressive political force. Being a political force simply means that....you're a political force. Doesn't mean you have the right positions, policies, etc.

Again, this is a good post simply from the standpoint that a lot of people, like yourself, are getting energized by the political process. And, even if it's for a candidate that, IMO is mostly marketing and no product, I like seeing people engaged. Apathy could be far worse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like my candidate.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1c/Bob_Barr-2008.jpg/479px-Bob_Barr-2008.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;2796319]I like my candidate.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1c/Bob_Barr-2008.jpg/479px-Bob_Barr-2008.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I like your candidate too. :yes:

I'd like to hear an answer from you, paulie or others to the following question....If I am already of the opinion that there is 100% no way Barr can win the election, is there any substantive value to me voting for him other than showing there is a small but vocal/concerned minority that is of the same opinion as Bob Barr?

I would vote for Bab Barr if I saw value in it. Obviously, he has no chance of winning the election.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2796533]I like your candidate too. :yes:

I'd like to hear an answer from you, paulie or others to the following question....If I am already of the opinion that there is 100% no way Barr can win the election, is there any substantive value to me voting for him other than showing there is a small but vocal/concerned minority that is of the same opinion as Bob Barr?

I would vote for Bab Barr if I saw value in it. Obviously, he has no chance of winning the election.[/QUOTE]

That has been the problem with our elections for some time. The U.S. desperately needs a strong third party to challenge for once. This two-party system is faltering just like our economy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeyStylez;2795983]I agree 100%, and it's sad that no one has even commented on it yet. So many voters are brainwashed to think that there's only two choices, but there's absolutely nothing stopping anyone from voting for a third (or fourth or fifth) party. I live in Florida, and I guarantee when I go to the polls next month, I'll have AT LEAST five different choices for president. Now I know I'm gonna vote for Obama, but in 2000 I actually voted Libertarian. I was a huge Clinton fan and I liked Gore, but his choice of Lieberman turned me away, and there was no way I was gonna vote for Bush the Dumber (I already knew back then the guy was a FUBAR waiting to happen, don't know how other people couldn't see that).

There are always more than two choices, but voters are conditioned to think that kind of vote is a waste, that anyone other than a Dem or Repub could be viable. Well, let's see...if you take half of Obama's votes and half of McCain's votes and give them to Bob Barr or Ron Paul as write-ins, those guys become viable candidates...and probably president. So if you truly feel that neither major candidate is right for you, speak with your vote. There ARE options, you just gotta free your mind enough to make it happen.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I voted for Perot and all it did was hand the election to Clinton. In Fla, some can say they voted for Nader and it gave the election to Bush.

For a 3rd Party / Indy to be serious, the finance laws would have to change. But if we did that, the influence of lobbyists and special interests would disappear so they won't let it happen.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

I would vote for Bab Barr if I saw value in it. Obviously, he has no chance of winning the election.[/QUOTE]

Well, the way I look at it is that I'm standing up for the principles I believe in and won't sacrifice basic fundamentals just because there's no hope he can win. I know, I'm young and naive -- give me a break.

Also, I'm a registered Republican, and if enough Republicans like me choose Barr over McCain, then some election expert/analyst somewhere will take notice and hopefully make an issue out of it. In that way it's somewhat of a protest against the party that failed supporters like me.

Not to mention that I don't have to worry about taking votes away from McCain, and enabling a swift Obama victory. NJ is all but locked up, 51-40 as of today. As for you, Arizona is a lock for McCain; today's polls are at 52-38. So, pretty much the same thing. You don't have to vote McCain to keep Obama out of the White House, all of the retirees in Scottsdale will do it for you.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 10-09-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Vote for Barr if you see value in the Libertarian ideal that the best government is the government that governs least.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2796299]You can love Karl Rove, hate him, or ignore him, but its pretty hard to argue that the man is not an impressive political force. Being a political force simply means that....you're a political force. Doesn't mean you have the right positions, policies, etc.[/QUOTE]

Herman Goering was a political force. Yet I find nothing admirable about the man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2796970]Well, the way I look at it is that I'm standing up for the principles I believe in and won't sacrifice basic fundamentals just because there's no hope he can win. I know, I'm young and naive -- give me a break.

Also, I'm a registered Republican, and if enough Republicans like me choose Barr over McCain, then some election expert/analyst somewhere will take notice and hopefully make an issue out of it. In that way it's somewhat of a protest against the party that failed supporters like me.

Not to mention that I don't have to worry about taking votes away from McCain, and enabling a swift Obama victory. NJ is all but locked up, 51-40 as of today. As for you, Arizona is a lock for McCain; today's polls are at 52-38. So, pretty much the same thing. You don't have to vote McCain to keep Obama out of the White House, all of the retirees in Scottsdale will do it for you.[/QUOTE]

Good points. Thanks. I'm undecided but Barr is the most preferable candidate to me.