Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: McCain/Palin supporters.. how embarrassing

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,367
    Sad to say, but this is far from surprising, and actually reminds me of some of the posts i've seen on this forum.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Humbled me? Why because some hack got his way?
    steady as she goes, jerky...

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the sunshine state
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Just like anything else, there are varying degrees of socialism.
    Exactly. And in the current Orwellian transition of our government, a bigger federal government will continue unchecked, regardless of whether Obama or McCain wins this election.
    It will only be a matter of what manner they will grow government. Millions of citizens of our country are far too submissive.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

    Just no reason for the post, other than antagonize...you probably had it all teed up, ready to send for three days- So you feel better now?

    There are morons on both sides of the aisle...try sticking to the issues, ok?

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    I do like the way the blonde woman says Obama though.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Just no reason for the post, other than antagonize...you probably had it all teed up, ready to send for three days- So you feel better now?

    There are morons on both sides of the aisle...try sticking to the issues, ok?
    1. What was the reason for this thread?

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=179894

    2. I believe this was filmed yesterday, and posted today. Could be wrong.

    3. Sticking to the issues, HA! Like Bill Ayers? The garbage Palin and McCain are peddling are fueling these morons [as you say] in these videos.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    1. What was the reason for this thread?

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=179894

    2. I believe this was filmed yesterday, and posted today. Could be wrong.

    3. Sticking to the issues, HA! Like Bill Ayers? The garbage Palin and McCain are peddling are fueling these morons [as you say] in these videos.
    I'm curious, are you a registered voter?

  8. #28
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    1. What was the reason for this thread?

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=179894

    2. I believe this was filmed yesterday, and posted today. Could be wrong.

    3. Sticking to the issues, HA! Like Bill Ayers? The garbage Palin and McCain are peddling are fueling these morons [as you say] in these videos.
    So, congratulations you've stooped down and played tit for tat. "Well, this guy posted something stupid so watch how stupid I can be" Is that it? Well, okay. You win.

  9. #29
    "oh, bill ayers! yeah i know him. quiet guy used to live in brroklyn. has a wife a dog and two kids. wait, oh you mean williams ayers? the commie terrorist from chicago? never met him and if i did i would spit on him, the repulsive cretin." boy barack to keith overbite.

    c'mon, get with the program. barack has had more than just a casual acquiaintance with ayers, farakhan, wright, fegler, Acorn and a host of people bent on the violent overthrow of the government.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    1. What was the reason for this thread?

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=179894

    2. I believe this was filmed yesterday, and posted today. Could be wrong.

    3. Sticking to the issues, HA! Like Bill Ayers? The garbage Palin and McCain are peddling are fueling these morons [as you say] in these videos.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    "oh, bill ayers! yeah i know him. quiet guy used to live in brroklyn. has a wife a dog and two kids. wait, oh you mean williams ayers? the commie terrorist from chicago? never met him and if i did i would spit on him, the repulsive cretin." boy barack to keith overbite.

    c'mon, get with the program. barack has had more than just a casual acquiaintance with ayers, farakhan, wright, fegler, Acorn and a host of people bent on the violent overthrow of the government.
    hahaha, bent on the violent overthrow of the government...hahaha

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Middlesex County, NJ
    Posts
    3,368
    I knew exactly who posted this before I even looked....All I see is a hack with a camcorder asking stupid questions to illicit the answers he wants....I wonder how many others answered questions and were edited out because it didn't fit his agenda.

    Also, I keep hearing the libs comparing Palin and Obama just as this tool with the camcorder did...."When did you first hear of Obama?"....When did you first hear of Palin?"....They are not running against eachother for the same office....That's how scared of her the libs are....Stop comparing the two.

    Give it uo Turden.

  12. #32
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    For the record, my thread was for humor purposes only, I certainly don't believe it to be indicative of Obama supporters, I just figured the room could use a laugh.

    Also for the record Tyler is gone for a week, the ban has nothing to do with my thread. Going forward I will only mod in this room, I will not be posting here any longer.

  13. #33
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    For the record, my thread was for humor purposes only, I certainly don't believe it to be indicative of Obama supporters, I just figured the room could use a laugh.

    Also for the record Tyler is gone for a week, the ban has nothing to do with my thread. Going forward I will only mod in this room, I will not be posting here any longer.
    Only a week?

    I'm not for perma-banning the guy (even though I've taken the high road when he has personally attacked me) but certainly a ban through November might help things remain civil here.

  14. #34
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Only a week?

    I'm not for perma-banning the guy (even though I've taken the high road when he has personally attacked me) but certainly a ban through November might help things remain civil here.
    I'm a softy and wouldn't want to deprive him of the political board during the election, as I hate to permanently deprive anyone of JI at all unless pushed too far.

    Next time he's done.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm a softy and wouldn't want to deprive him of the political board during the election, as I hate to permanently deprive anyone of JI at all unless pushed too far.

    Next time he's done.
    am I allowed to ask why he was banned?

    My main worry is it was for starting this thread...anything else isn't my business...just want to know for my own benefit, you know, so I don't do something I think is harmless that is actually bannable.

  16. #36
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Humbled me? Why because some hack got his way?
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    am I allowed to ask why he was banned?

    My main worry is it was for starting this thread...anything else isn't my business...just want to know for my own benefit, you know, so I don't do something I think is harmless that is actually bannable.
    cumulative, the above post hours after his previous ban expired

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    For the record, my thread was for humor purposes only, I certainly don't believe it to be indicative of Obama supporters, I just figured the room could use a laugh.

    Also for the record Tyler is gone for a week, the ban has nothing to do with my thread. Going forward I will only mod in this room, I will not be posting here any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm a softy and wouldn't want to deprive him of the political board during the election, as I hate to permanently deprive anyone of JI at all unless pushed too far.

    Next time he's done.
    Liar

    But in all seriousness, this "tit for tat" thing is childish. Both candidates clearly have voters who do not care about issues... There are voters who will vote for Obama just because he's black and there are those who won't just because he's black. Some voters will vote for McCain just because he is the republican candidate. and vice versa. It's been this type of thing for every election. It's not indicative of the majority of voters and it's something you can laugh at.

  18. #38
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Liar

    But in all seriousness, this "tit for tat" thing is childish. Both candidates clearly have voters who do not care about issues... There are voters who will vote for Obama just because he's black and there are those who won't just because he's black. Some voters will vote for McCain just because he is the republican candidate. and vice versa. It's been this type of thing for every election. It's not indicative of the majority of voters and it's something you can laugh at.
    I think the most interesting thing would be if we left the Politics forum only to the undecideds for a while. Every day I come here and it's a laundry list of new threads about "Palin is a fraud because of her accent", "Obama is a terrorist because of Ayers", etc. These threads are started mostly by people who 100% have made up their mind. The "tit for tat" responses that come into the thread are from people who have made up their mind 100% the other way.

    Basically, this forum has become a zero sum gain. Everyone is entrenched, debate is futile because no one changes their mind. Thus, mostly unproductive bickering. Hence, let's hear more from our unbiased undecideds.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I think the most interesting thing would be if we left the Politics forum only to the undecideds for a while. Every day I come here and it's a laundry list of new threads about "Palin is a fraud because of her accent", "Obama is a terrorist because of Ayers", etc. These threads are started mostly by people who 100% have made up their mind. The "tit for tat" responses that come into the thread are from people who have made up their mind 100% the other way.

    Basically, this forum has become a zero sum gain. Everyone is entrenched, debate is futile because no one changes their mind. Thus, mostly unproductive bickering. Hence, let's hear more from our unbiased undecideds.
    Luckily, it's the undecided voter who determines the winners of the election.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us