Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Experience Question - a useful analysis

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2798617]Wonder what kind of 'New Deal' President Barack 'Call Me If You Need Me' Obama is going to try to institute when the Great Depression II is here. Surely he'll have to have it approved by Pelosi & Reed. I wonder where the Republicans, what will be left of them after the global economy finally COLLAPSES, are going to put their money, with absolutely no money to make in the stock market! No 2010 meaningful mid-term elections it will be so bad.[/QUOTE]

You know what's cute?

You thinking that there is a difference between democrat and republican. It really is cute as hell. I mean, seriously. You really wonder about this stuff? You wonder where poor republicans are going to invest their money after big bad Obama steals everyone else's and gives it to the people collectiing Section 8 and crackheads...or crackheads who collect Section 8? You wonder about a "New Deal" Obama will make after he "institutes" another depression?

Let me be the first to tell you...it doesn't matter. Obama will be elected...which will signal the pouring forth of the first bowl of Gods anger as foretold in the book of Revelations. The Morningstar will fall from the sky and the seas will be turned to blood. A horde of locusts will descend...devouring all the able bodied men and their first born sons. Then the Wild Beast will rise from the sea and rape all the white women and bear offspring...the new age Nephilim...who will crush the earth for a thousand years. Then god will come and kill all the bad people, Jesus will have a sword for a tongue and stab Satan with it and cast him into Tartarus for another thousand years.

So you see...you have nothing to worry about!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2798617]Sorry, LIL. Every time I see your name I'm reminded of that Irish bar on Main Street in Farmingdale. The fact that I don't remember the name of the bar is a good sign.

Anywho, I read the data on the link. FDR as number 2 is...I don't know even where to begin. FDR was a HORRIBLE President. The fact that the Great Depression lasted so long was squarely placed on the shoulders of FDR. He alienated the investor-business class so they said 'screw you, FDR, our money goes in our mattresses.' The USA under FDR was so woefully prepared for WWII it makes GWB's war in Iraq look like Heaven. When WWII broke out the US Army was still training with wooden play-rifles. At the time we had something like the 8th largest army in the world. Way behind Germany and Japan. We didn't even give our own soldiers real rifles to train with. Right up to the bombing of Pearl Harbor FDR was still trying to champion 'New Deal' policies. By then the Japanese were all over the Southern Pacific and Hitler was in probably 70% of Europe.

Wonder what kind of 'New Deal' President Barack 'Call Me If You Need Me' Obama is going to try to institute when the Great Depression II is here. Surely he'll have to have it approved by Pelosi & Reed. I wonder where the Republicans, what will be left of them after the global economy finally COLLAPSES, are going to put their money, with absolutely no money to make in the stock market! No 2010 meaningful mid-term elections it will be so bad.

John McCain is a career Naval officer. He turned down a promotion to Rear Admiral, the equivalent to a one-star Army, Marine, or Air Force General.

Why stay in college? Why go to night school?
    Gonna be different this time
    Can't write a letter, can't send a postcard,
    I can't write nothing at all.

LIFE DURING WAR TIME!

:jets18[/QUOTE]

Have you actually read anything about the presidency of FDR? FDR single-handedly nursed an isolationist USA into the war and backdoored a rescue plan via lendlease that saved Britain from certain destruction. If you want to blame somebody for being ill-prepared for WWII, look no further than your isolationist Republican ostriches who would have been saluting Hitler in Omaha before they realized how screwed up they were. I'm not sure what you've been reading, if anything, but you should try something other than Republican Classic Comics.

Re John McCain, you've simply got to be kidding. He was like Ulysses S. Grant without the talent. A poor student, a mediocre pilot, a rash commander, and a general f*up. Thank goodness his daddy and grand daddy were Admirals. That might have helped the Navy to overlook his dreadful record.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2798773]Have you actually read anything about the presidency of FDR? FDR single-handedly nursed an isolationist USA into the war and backdoored a rescue plan via lendlease that saved Britain from certain destruction. If you want to blame somebody for being ill-prepared for WWII, look no further than your isolationist Republican ostriches who would have been saluting Hitler in Omaha before they realized how screwed up they were. I'm not sure what you've been reading, if anything, but you should try something other than Republican Classic Comics.

Re John McCain, you've simply got to be kidding. He was like Ulysses S. Grant without the talent. A poor student, a mediocre pilot, a rash commander, and a general f*up. Thank goodness his daddy and grand daddy were Admirals. That might have helped the Navy to overlook his dreadful record.[/QUOTE]

FDR turned the Depression into the "Great Depression".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2798784]FDR turned the Depression into the "Great Depression".[/QUOTE]

Thank You!!

And the US Army was using wooden toy guns to practice with when WWII broke out! Germany and Japan were STEAM ROLLING the world with modern military equipment.

:jets18

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2799128]Thank You!!

And the US Army was using wooden toy guns to practice with when WWII broke out! Germany and Japan were STEAM ROLLING the world with modern military equipment.

Repeating a falsehood does not make it more true. Here's a link to a U.S. Army site which recounts the details of U.S. mobilization for WWII. Any history of Roosevelt's presidency will outline his struggles with isolationists and the array of statutes that tied his hands re preparing for war or intervening in international conflicts.

[url]http://www.history.army.mil/documents/mobpam.htm[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2796946]

Did I hear someone on CNBC today say 'stock market crash'? Yes, I sure did! :eek:

[/QUOTE]

??? That might be because the Market has dropped 20% in a week.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/hrjohnson.htm[/url]

"He (Colonel Howard Ravenscroft Johnson) was at Fort Meade, Maryland in the late 1930's, when troops were training with wooden guns."

[url]http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/believe/article?oid=49674[/url]

"In the immediate aftermath of the second World War, President Harry Truman was stunned to find that record numbers of 19-year-old draftees were rejected because of malnourishment during their formative years, which happened to be during the Great Depression."

:jets18

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2799128]Thank You!!

And Republican leaders were preaching an isolationist policy that would have us IGNORE the two war machines on the other side of the world.

To bring the Great Depression and WWII into our current political climate is just plain foolish. The two parties don't really look the same as they were 70 years ago.