Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Op Ed from UK newspaper on Sarah Palin in the debate

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2797746]Winking isnt a physical attribute. Its a voluntary action designed to portay her as a cutesy, adorable innocent little hockey mom. Its fine to do, but insulting to the audience if your running for the second most poerful position in the land.[/QUOTE]

Getting a fake tan and teeth whitening isn't a voluntary action designed to portray someone as younger and more vibrant?

I also find it insulting.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=CTjetfan52;2797640]You sound like Palin!

Any pol. who opens there mouth is going to be somewhat duplicitous-it just
    goes with the territory. But Palins' performance was embarassing and the UK
    writer nails it. I cringed during that debate for a variety of reasons:
    McSame's choice of Palin for VP for starters, the state of our Country and
    truly how far we've fallen and the sheer ineptitude of Palin and her inability
    to be able to answer many of the questions.[/QUOTE]

I agree the choice and the performance is weak, but your use of the cutesy name 'McSame' indicates to me that you haven't had an original thought about this election and are ripe pickings for the pablum this UK trash writer is peddling. And since he chooses not to even mention Biden's less than impressive performance, he comes off as just another partisan hack, UK address notwithstanding.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Piper;2797920]Getting a fake tan and teeth whitening isn't a voluntary action designed to portray someone as younger and more vibrant?

I also find it insulting.[/QUOTE]

Well, you're diehard, I have to give you that. There is nothing similar, at all, about a purposefull behavior, like repeatedly winking, and a comestic change like teeth whitening or tanning. Frankly, Biden's unispired debate performance is also difficult to compare to Palin' vague, rambling, gibberish, largely fueled by folksy cliches and Fargo-speak. The only thing insultiing is the GOP trying to sell her as a viable candidate.

[QUOTE=Piper;2797929]I agree the choice and the performance is weak, but your use of the cutesy name 'McSame' indicates to me that you haven't had an original thought about this election and are ripe pickings for the pablum this UK trash writer is peddling. And since he chooses not to even mention Biden's less than impressive performance, he comes off as just another partisan hack, UK address notwithstanding.[/QUOTE]

It's a woman writing the article but whatever who cares, I saw her picture and she looks more like Hillary than a woman, so she's probably jealous of Palin.

Regardless of her motivations, the article is dead on with this debate. Yea, did Biden do a great job? No. But did he make a mockery out of the debate like Governor Palin did? No.

Everyone expects politicians to dodge questions. But she dodged EVERY question, provided no specifics and genuinely came off like a soccer mom. Now that might be cool for a PTA meeting, but not for Vice President.

What happened to the best and the brightest? I think both McCain and Obama fall under that category. Biden... eh, not so much.

But Sarah Palin? When I know for sure that I'm smarter than the Vice Presidential candidate, I've got an issue with that ticket.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Piper;2797920]Getting a fake tan and teeth whitening isn't a voluntary action designed to portray someone as younger and more vibrant?
    [/QUOTE]

I'm lost...are you talking about Biden or Cindy McCain??

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2797629]You betcha':yes:[/QUOTE]

Yer darn tootin'!

I've had crushes on ditzy milf's before, but I never let them turn me into a mental midget who would elect them to office.

[QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2796508]Interesting take on both Sarah Palin and American politics from the the other side of the pond.[/QUOTE]another boring "bashing next vp" thread.

[QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2798038]It's a woman writing the article but whatever who cares, I saw her picture and she looks more like Hillary than a woman, so she's probably jealous of Palin.

Regardless of her motivations, the article is dead on with this debate. Yea, did Biden do a great job? No. But did he make a mockery out of the debate like Governor Palin did? No.

Everyone expects politicians to dodge questions. But she dodged EVERY question, provided no specifics and genuinely came off like a soccer mom. Now that might be cool for a PTA meeting, but not for Vice President.

What happened to the best and the brightest? I think both McCain and Obama fall under that category. Biden... eh, not so much.

But Sarah Palin? When I know for sure that I'm smarter than the Vice Presidential candidate, I've got an issue with that ticket.[/QUOTE]did you see obama this morning in ohio? plz talk about someone who doesn't answer a question.

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2798079]Yer darn tootin'!

I've had crushes on ditzy milf's before, but I never let them turn me into a mental midget who would elect them to office.[/QUOTE]

Right on brother. don't let the Colgate smile fool you

Jets Insider VIP
    Well, the Guardian is certainly a middle of the road, non-partisan media outlet. :rolleyes: