Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JI Political Forum

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

JI Political Forum

Just how damn out of control are the political views in this country become ? Is JI an example of the division in this country ? It sickins me to be honest . Im not writing this to cause trouble in any way, its an observation I have been watching develop for a long time.

I consider myself a conservative but I absolutely hate conservative talk radio and I further hate how some conservatives conduct themselves, as if their way is the only possible correct way to view things. I actully think conservative talk radio is a huge problem in this country its almost like a disease. I speak to many people who listen to this media outlet and to be honest when you question them on the issues they actully have no clue as to why they take their stance. They just listen to Sean or Rush and think well thats the way its supposed to be. If you start to explain to them or even discuss the issue you get attacked "YOUR A GOD DAMN LIBERAL !!" Deos not really matter if you are or not the fact is these people are at the point where they cant even distinguish the difference. Some of them are so brain washed its really pathetic.

Now please dont take this post as a response to the EY/HAM and others battle that is not my intention but that thread is a good example of the problems and dfferences people have. Can we no longer debate without attacking on another ? We all come to this forum for a common love of our football team the NY Jets not the love of our badly broken political system.

Stop being so one sided folks and try to look at different perspectives when you come to the political forum and if you disagree with some one dont call them a name or attack them debate the issue at hand just like you would with a friend. Its better than losing the forum all together. Right ? Its better than not being able to post about the jets any longer. Right ?

If you feel this thread will cause problems then go ahead and lock it. I had to get that off my chest
    Last edited by Smashmouth; 10-10-2008 at 02:22 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Smashmouth;2796521]Just how damn out of control are the political views in this county become ? Is JI an example of the division in this country ? It sickins me to be honest . Im not writing this to cause trouble in any way, its an observation I have been watching develop for a long time.

I consider myself a conservative but I absolutely hate conservative talk radio and I further hate how some conservatives conduct themselves, as if their way is the only possible correct way to view things. I actully think conservative talk radio is a huge problem in this country its almost like a disease. I speak to many people who listen to this media outlet and to be honest when you question them on the issues they actully have no clue as to why they take their stance. They just listen to Sean or Rush and think well thats the way its supposed to be. If you start to explain to them or even discuss the issue you get attacked "YOUR A GOD DAMN LIBERAL !!" Deos not really matter if you are or not the fact is these people are at the point where they cant even distinguish the difference. Some of them are so brain washed its really pathetic.

Now please dont take this post as a response to the EY/HAM and others battle that is not my intention but that thread is a good example of the problems and dfferences people have. Can we no longer debate without attacking on another ? We all come to this forum for a common love of our football team the NY Jets not the love of our badly broken political system.

Stop being so one sided folks and try to look at different perspectives when you come to the political forum and if you disagree with some one dont call them a name or attack them debate the issue at hand just like you would with a friend. Its better than losing the forum all together. Right ? Its better than not being able to post about the jets any longer. Right ?

If you feel this thread will cause problems then go ahead and lock it. I had to get that off my chest[/QUOTE]

I think there is a real problem on here and in America.

But I think the solution is to not restrict anyone. The problem with talk radio and television is you can be cut off for commercial, hung up on or just simply have your mic cut off. This is starting to happen here....

Free JI political prisoners! Let everyone say their piece regardless of how ridiculous it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Smashmouth;2796521]Just how damn out of control are the political views in this county become ? Is JI an example of the division in this country ? It sickins me to be honest . Im not writing this to cause trouble in any way, its an observation I have been watching develop for a long time.

I consider myself a conservative but I absolutely hate conservative talk radio and I further hate how some conservatives conduct themselves, as if their way is the only possible correct way to view things. I actully think conservative talk radio is a huge problem in this country its almost like a disease. I speak to many people who listen to this media outlet and to be honest when you question them on the issues they actully have no clue as to why they take their stance. They just listen to Sean or Rush and think well thats the way its supposed to be. If you start to explain to them or even discuss the issue you get attacked "YOUR A GOD DAMN LIBERAL !!" Does not really matter if you are or not the fact is these people are at the point where they cant even distinguish the difference. Some of them are so brain washed its really pathetic. [/QUOTE]

Never have I heard a Conservative or Liberal radio host ever say "You know, you may be right," when they get one of their extensively screened callers that may challenge or disagree with them.

There is an inherent intellectual dishonesty with 90% of the political pundits on the air.

It's no wonder there is such divisiveness in political discourse. Our media encourages that, and all for their precious ratings.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2796544]I think there is a real problem on here and in America.

But I think the solution is to not restrict anyone. The problem with talk radio and television is you can be cut off for commercial, hung up on or just simply have your mic cut off. This is starting to happen here....

[B]Free JI political prisoners! Let everyone say their piece regardless of how ridiculous it is.[/B][/QUOTE]

MGF having a disagreement about political issues is one thing, attacking and threads turning into complete flame wars is Quite another. Either way this was not the intention of my post. The intention was to compare the current problems in our country with the JI political forum and what we can do to stop the arguements and maybe come up with some solutions without pointing a finger at ones political beliefs then beating them up for it./

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Smashmouth;2796567]MGF having a disagreement about political issues is one thing, attacking and threads turning into complete flame wars is Quite another. Either way this was not the intention of my post. The intention was to compare the current problems in our country with the JI political forum and what we can do to stop the arguements and maybe come up with some solutions without pointing a finger at ones political beliefs then beating them up for it./[/QUOTE]

But do you understand why I brought up the cutting off of mics, hanging up callers and cuts to commercial?

Why does everyone in this country think that Americans can't decide for themselves who is correct and who isn't?

It's become ridiculous here and, more broadly, in the entire media driven political discourse.

The partisanship is driven by the media and it bleeds into here. Now JI has become like Sean Hannity... deciding to cut your mic off if you ridicule the system in place...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2796574]But do you understand why I brought up the cutting off of mics, hanging up callers and cuts to commercial?

[COLOR="Red"][B]Understood 100% as a matter of fact Hannity, just yesterday, did not do a good job muting the mic and caught one of his callers mid sentence. [/B][/COLOR]

Why does everyone in this country think that Americans can't decide for themselves who is correct and who isn't?

[B][COLOR="red"]Because the people who do run things look at the average American as an Ignorant fool. In some or most cases they would be correct[/COLOR][/B]

It's become ridiculous here and, more broadly, in the entire media driven political discourse.

The partisanship is driven by the media and it bleeds into here. [B]Now JI has become like Sean Hannity... [/B]deciding to cut your mic off if you ridicule the system in place...[/QUOTE]

About your bolded statement I disagree. JI is not aganist political ideas or stances but they are aganist name calling and flame wars. Two very different things. This is supposed to be a forum of jets fans who come here becuase they enjoy it not to be called an Idiot because of their political affiliation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't think it's that bad on here.

Maybe because I try to not engage in bloody-death matches with other posters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2796597]I really don't think it's that bad on here.

Maybe because I try to not engage in bloody-death matches with other posters.[/QUOTE]

Sack to be honest its bad everywhere. Our country seems to be splitting down the middle and were dealing with a crisis I feel is much worse then people think. This is a time when people need to band together and all you hear on the radio is hate. Its getting me sick. I agree JI is not that bad but the silliness that has transpired over the past few days really did not have to happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, for one, can't stop watching. Which one's Hoops? She's got my vote!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Smashmouth;2796589]About your bolded statement I disagree. JI is not aganist political ideas or stances but they are aganist name calling and flame wars. Two very different things. This is supposed to be a forum of jets fans who come here becuase they enjoy it not to be called an Idiot because of their political affiliation.[/QUOTE]

Name calling, more often than not, just proves that the person doing it is out of ideas and can't debate on a level playing field.

So let them name call. Let them prove exactly how little they know.

Don't silence critics.

And on another note, why is it that only people banned are those who challenge the moderators?

Posters like FlushingJet, CBNY and DeanPatsFan are the biggest flamers on this forum and they're allowed to attack relentlessly without exception. They routinely disobey the rules. But if you criticize a moderator? That's it, you're out. And I don't see that on any of the rules, but it's a clear cut law here. Then you have the flaming rules here and they're not enforced.

That's not right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2796619]Posters like FlushingJet, CBNY and DeanPatsFan are the biggest flamers on this forum and they're allowed to attack relentlessly without exception. [/QUOTE]

Flush and CBTNY are good people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Machine this is not a democracy :) . I run a forum myself and if flames start and name calling starts they get a warning. If it continues there OUT. I dont think by any stretch people get banned for disagreement and i have never seen anyone get banned for a simple disagreement on JI. But I dont want to debate this issue any longer MGF it is what it is. My topic is the effect on the entire country and it making its way to other outlets just like JI and other message boards

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2796639]Flush and CBTNY are good people.[/QUOTE]

Each person can be the judge of that. But my point was they're technically guilty of breaking the rules in almost every post. And I don't think their should be rules, that's what I'm saying.

But if you challenge a moderator? Oh that's it. You're done. You can't contribute anymore.

That's not even a rule but it's enforced more strictly than actual rules.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2796619]Name calling, more often than not, just proves that the person doing it is out of ideas and can't debate on a level playing field.

So let them name call. Let them prove exactly how little they know.

Don't silence critics.

And on another note, why is it that only people banned are those who challenge the moderators?

Posters like FlushingJet, CBNY and DeanPatsFan are the biggest flamers on this forum and they're allowed to attack relentlessly without exception. They routinely disobey the rules. But if you criticize a moderator? That's it, you're out. And I don't see that on any of the rules, but it's a clear cut law here. Then you have the flaming rules here and they're not enforced.

That's not right.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/announcement.php?f=31[/url]

[QUOTE]Use of the JI community forums is a privilege and not a right. The privilege of using the message boards may be revoked at any time and without notice. It is completely at the sole discretion of the JI moderator team.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    MGF you dont get banned for challenging a Mod.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2796639]Flush and CBTNY are good people.[/QUOTE]

says you.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both sides practice 'scorthed earth policy' and try to win at all costs. The Clinton Machine was famous for some awful tactics. And the Karl Rove era has taken politics below the gutter. The extreme ends of political radio and tv have helped push the message of hate out to the willing sheeple. Now we have a polarized, hate filled voting base that makes our country fragmented.

In the end, as always, the American citizens are the losers as we get cheated out of good candidates who could make a difference.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually things are more civil than they were in 2004.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2796650]But if you challenge a moderator? Oh that's it. You're done. You can't contribute anymore.[/QUOTE]
    Then don't challenge mods.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2796691]says you.....[/QUOTE]

They are...really. You just have to get to know them more. It's true, they can really grate on the nerves...Flushing takes put-downs to an art form and I find myself reaching for a dictionary to see if he actually insulted me or not. But both he and CBTNY are extremely bright people. They didn't form their opinions watching FOX News...they have felt they way they have for a long time, long before FOX News was around.

DeanPatsFan...well, for one he's a Pats fan. And two...he hopes Democrats die in terrorist attacks. I won't personally attack him here...but put 2 and 2 together.