Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT ---- Collapse of Society?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;2797665]I think it's a combination of problems. I think people today and soceity in general wants everything now now now: gimme my news now! gimme my scores now! I don't want to wait I want it now!...this is the digital age. No one is willing to help another; everyone is greedy. Why? Because good deeds are not rewarded, at least not in this form of soceity. It pays to be a douchebag.

The funny thing to me is the investor's fear is what drives the market & think about it...if they got over that lame bull**** it would be better in the long run but people are morons.....people are sheep....I'm not anti-capitalist but I believe it's proven to be too easy to abuse from the higherarchy and the trickle down effect is crushing it's greatests strength: the middle-class..you know those people...the majority of the Americans with a minority of the power.

Wall st has become obsolete...a bunch yuppies arguing at yelling at each other...this is the basis of the world's money? No wonder aliens don't wanna come here...it's primitive at best...it's time for a change but no one will ever change...people are too greedy...everyone wants their 30 cents or 2 bucks...no one is willing to sacrifice some for the betterment of the country. I have two radical ideas...now...im not an expert but I think it may help..hear me out and then ridicule...you know I don't mind :):

1) [B]Eliminate at least 1/2 of each Americans debt that is choking their income. Doing so would enable them so spend a little more on products to help stimulate the economy. People say well you're bailing them out..damn right..bail out the people.[/B] Those who were smart and frugal enough to have no debt...reward them by filling their pockets..help the people pay you back you guys up there on top...not like [B]we're[/B] purposely NOT paying you, we just don't have it!

2) Credit freeze is already intact...keep it intact...what do you do with someone who has bad credit? Zero loans. Zero credit. America has bad credit. No more loans for anyone or anything with the exception of smaller loans for school & houses. No more new credit cards. ZERO. End it.

3) And this is my favorite....The ecnomy is **** but yet that dog from taco bell in Beverly Hills grosses 30M! opening weekend! 30M! So, my plan would be for every American over the age of 21 to donate 12 dollars every two weeks (or the price of a movie ticket) to an invest deemed safe and deemed essential to the regrowth of the ecnomy further stimulating confidence into the market.

Again...none of this will happen because people are too greedy but hey if it does happen...who wants to be my VP? Cop? SAR? EM? Ham?? Ragu? JetsSetter? Paulie?? hmm..

the reality is the market in general is not real..we make it real and if we don't fix this now...soon...well let's just say no foreign power can ever topple america....we'll do it to ourselves way before...greed is good right?...[/QUOTE]

Eliminate at least 1/2 of each American's debt? :huh:

That causes more problems than it solves!

1. If I'm a bank and I lend you $5000 then the gov't. writes down that loan to $2500, I am never lending to anyone again.

2. Moral hazard. You've just sent the message that people can rack up debt and the government will forgive it, as you say, "so they can spend again!" That is crazy. And, how will they spend again if they don't have money and no one will lend to them because (as stated in #1) the government can just step in a cut the debt in half?

3. Explain how you eliminate it? By having the government print more dollars??? That's inflationary and will cause more problems down the line.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-10-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2797942]Eliminate at least 1/2 of each American's debt? :huh:

That causes more problems than it solves!

1. If I'm a bank and I lend you $5000 then the gov't. writes down that loan to $2500, I am never lending to anyone again.

2. Moral hazard. You've just sent the message that people can rack up debt and the government will forgive it, as you say, "so they can spend again!" That is crazy. And, how will they spend again if they don't have money and no one will lend to the them because (as stated in #1) the government can just step in a cut the debt in half?

3. Explain how you eliminate it? Buy having the government print more dollars??? That's inflationary and will cause more problems down the line.[/QUOTE]

heyy i didnt say it was full proof but we gotta start thinkin outside the box before there is no box to think outside of! We need unconventional ideas because does anyone else find it humerous that presidents every election year talk about the sammme 'issues'....ie nothing ever gets fixed...ever.

All Pro
    [B]"Start by slashing our trade deficit (nearly half of itís from oil) with a concerted drive for energy independence, investing in renewable energy technologies and making the US a leader of innovative manufacturing once again; Second: Invest in life-long education and training and build the most
    modern and efficient infrastructure to increase our competitiveness;
    Third: Regulate our commerce with mercantilist nations like China, while
    pushing for global rules on labor rights and environmental protection that will
    lift standards up around the world instead of driving them down here."[/B]

Isn't this Obama's platform????

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;2797954]heyy i didnt say it was full proof but we gotta start thinkin outside the box before there is no box to think outside of! [B]We need unconventional ideas [/B]because does anyone else find it humerous that presidents every election year talk about the sammme 'issues'....ie nothing ever gets fixed...ever.[/QUOTE]

was this the thinking behind your avatar?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2798008]was this the thinking behind your avatar?[/QUOTE]

Looks like camo for a Vikings home game...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2797933]Thread moved to Politics/World Events/Current Events Forum.

Thank you for flying Warfish Airlines.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get my salted nuts, but I didn't want them anyways. no homo.