Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Question for those in the financial know....

I'm buying some stocks today. So many things are way oversold.

I'm buying some ANSS, CRL, HPQ, SRCL, SYK.

Just a note of caution for those who are using P/E ratios or indeed any other fundamental indicator to judge whether or not to buy into stocks - remember that these ratios are lagging indicators, and are judged on the previous years earnings. They do not take into account forward earnings, earnings which will markedly deteriorate for virtually all stocks in a slowing world economy.

[QUOTE=Black Death;2798714]Just a note of caution for those who are using P/E ratios or indeed any other fundamental indicator to judge whether or not to buy into stocks - remember that these ratios are lagging indicators, and are judged on the previous years earnings. They do not take into account forward earnings, earnings which will markedly deteriorate for virtually all stocks in a slowing world economy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[QUOTE=dcJet;2797826]Whether it's fair or not, history will blame the President for what happened on their watch.

Fair or not:

Carter is remembered for gas lines and the hostages.
    [/QUOTE]

I remember Cartah for a 13% home loan (comp. to 5 3/8 now) and inflation and unemployment close to 10%!