Thread: Atlantic division predictions

Atlantic division predictions

I thought I'd predict the order of finish in the Atlantic division:

1) Boston Celtics (Playoffs #1 seed)
    2) Philadelphia 76ers (Playoffs #4 seed)
    3) Toronto Raptors (Playoffs #5 seed)
    4) New Jersey Nets (playoffs #8 seed)
    5) New York Knicks

I see our division getting 4 teams in the playoffs. The 76ers lack depth, but I LOVE their nucleus. I think the 76ers will be the 2nd best team in the Eastern conference behind Boston but will get the 4 seed because of the division they play in, plus Detroit will take a big step back this year. They are getting very old, very quick.

The Nets are a lot better than people think and will make th playoffs with a low seed. They have a lot of depth and if they hit on a few players Frank is counting on, they will surprise.

It is going to be very good Division. I agree with your picks, but it could get very interesting to say the least.
    I am a die hard Sixers fan, but man the NBA has been losing me over the years. The Olympics should help.

Quote Originally Posted by RickLyle IZ GOD View Post
    I thought I'd predict the order of finish in the Atlantic division:

1) Boston Celtics (Playoffs #1 seed)
    2) Philadelphia 76ers (Playoffs #4 seed)
    3) Toronto Raptors (Playoffs #5 seed)
    4) New Jersey Nets (playoffs #8 seed)
    5) New York Knicks

I see our division getting 4 teams in the playoffs. The 76ers lack depth, but I LOVE their nucleus. I think the 76ers will be the 2nd best team in the Eastern conference behind Boston but will get the 4 seed because of the division they play in, plus Detroit will take a big step back this year. They are getting very old, very quick.

The Nets are a lot better than people think and will make th playoffs with a low seed. They have a lot of depth and if they hit on a few players Frank is counting on, they will surprise.

Can't disagree with any of that. Knicks are definitely the cellar dwellers once again.