View Poll Results: So, what's your prediction?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Rebound

3 10.00%
  • Up Moderately

1 3.33%
  • About Even

1 3.33%
  • Down Moderately

10 33.33%
  • Down Big

9 30.00%
  • Armageddon

6 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Will the US Stock Markets Do Tomorrow?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

How Will the US Stock Markets Do Tomorrow?

Poll a'comin'

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this trend will continue..for a week or so.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Armageddon. I've got bottled water, flashlights, lots of batteries, protein bars, and a shotgun. I'm just a little low on ammo.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    MY 403(b) is now 1/3 of what it was when Clinton left office.

I voted moderate down -- I think the market will figure out where its going on Tuesday of next week. Armageddon still possible.
    Last edited by fukushimajin; 10-09-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: addition

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    people should stop paying attention to stock markets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2797316]Armageddon. I've got bottled water, flashlights, lots of batteries, protein bars, and a shotgun. I'm just a little low on ammo.[/QUOTE]

You know, I know you're joking, but the joke might not be too far removed from reality. A lawyer I know said that theft cases have skyrocketed recently--stolen cars, plundered houses, etc. Here's a quote:

[QUOTE]You have no idea dude. I am BANKING right now. People are stealing everything that is not nailed down and some **** that is. People are taking cordless sawsalls and going under SUV's and cutting the catalytic converters off for $200.00 a piece because they can melt them down and get Platinum and Iridium out of them.

Radiators, scrap metal, heck I got appointted to a guy who took his torch and cut down one of those huge light poles at a local shopping mall and was cutting it up and throwing it in the back of his truck when the Police arrived.

Every little fender bender someone now puts a claim in.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    if no one can afford ammo, or the fuel to launch ICBMs, how do we fight armagedon?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;2797328]if no one can afford ammo, or the fuel to launch ICBMs, how do we fight armagedon?[/QUOTE]

fisticuffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2797327]You know, I know you're joking, but the joke might not be too far removed from reality. A lawyer I know said that theft cases have skyrocketed recently--stolen cars, plundered houses, etc. Here's a quote:[/QUOTE]

quote-You have no idea dude. I am BANKING right now. People are stealing everything that is not nailed down and some **** that is. People are taking cordless sawsalls and going under SUV's and cutting the catalytic converters off for $200.00 a piece because they can melt them down and get Platinum and Iridium out of them.

Radiators, scrap metal, heck I got appointted to a guy who took his torch and cut down one of those huge light poles at a local shopping mall and was cutting it up and throwing it in the back of his truck when the Police arrived.

Every little fender bender someone now puts a claim in. *************

Does your lawyer live in Atlanta? If so, it's nothing new.

Oh. I'm all in at armageddon. It's Friday and October, after all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Voice of Reason;2797330]fisticuffs.[/QUOTE]

my continent or yours? ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frostlich;2797343]quote-You have no idea dude. I am BANKING right now. People are stealing everything that is not nailed down and some **** that is. People are taking cordless sawsalls and going under SUV's and cutting the catalytic converters off for $200.00 a piece because they can melt them down and get Platinum and Iridium out of them.

Every little fender bender someone now puts a claim in. *************

Does your lawyer live in Atlanta? If so, it's nothing new.

Oh. I'm all in at armageddon. It's Friday and October, after all.[/QUOTE]

I was born on Friday October 13th at 12:00 midnight and my name is Jason. And I'm on this thread. Oh, I am wearing a hockey mask too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;2797372]I was born on Friday October 13th at 12:00 midnight and my name is Jason. And I'm on this thread. Oh, I am wearing a hockey mask too.[/QUOTE]

So how's your retirement package looking, Jason?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a bit of a dead cat bounce tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we [B]open down pretty big[/B]. I hope we get the [B]big capitulation, world is ending kind of selloff we need[/B]. I WANT to see Dow down 1000 tomorrow. Then we need to [B]turn on a dime and come roaring back to finish the day close to even[/B]. THAT would signal a bottom to me.

This market is starting to look oversold now. Some truly great companies are selling for dirt cheap. I believe Target Corporation is selling at less than book value. They are essentially selling for what the value of their real estate (stores) is. It's as if you get their entire brand, retail operation, and credit business for free.

It may be bloody out there but there are some companies that simply won't go away. People will not stop buying food or medications. They won't turn off their electricity or heat. So pharmaceuticals like Novartis, drug stores like CVS, food makers like Kraft or General Mills and utilities are probably good investments if you have a long time horizon. If you need the money in less than 2 or 3 years, don't put money into this market. But if you can wait then I think there are bargains out there....great companies that have had their prices drop simply because the whole market is getting hammered.

Just my opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2797398]So how's your retirement package looking, Jason?[/QUOTE]

retirement? i'm not quite the type...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2797327]You know, I know you're joking, but the joke might not be too far removed from reality. A lawyer I know said that theft cases have skyrocketed recently--stolen cars, plundered houses, etc. Here's a quote:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]You have no idea dude. I am BANKING right now. [B]People are stealing everything that is not nailed down and some **** that is. People are taking cordless sawsalls and going under SUV's and cutting the catalytic converters off for $200.00 a piece because they can melt them down and get Platinum and Iridium out of them.

Radiators, scrap metal, heck I got appointted to a guy who took his torch and cut down one of those huge light poles at a local shopping mall and was cutting it up and throwing it in the back of his truck when the Police arrived[/B].

Every little fender bender someone now puts a claim in. [/QUOTE]

Sounds like the Meadowlands parking lot after a game!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2797455]

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking either big decline or dead cat bounce. Not time to invest yet. In fact, I'm willing to wait out the election.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2797459]I'm thinking either big decline or dead cat bounce. Not time to invest yet. In fact, I'm willing to wait out the election.[/QUOTE]

The bigger question to me isn't how low we go, it is "when we do bottom, is it even time to get back in?" In other words, just because we bottom doesn't mean that stocks will be the best performers in the coming months and years. I'm starting to research what asset classes have performed best in medium and longterm bear markets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.cnbc.com/id/27101381[/url]

[QUOTE][B]Your First Move For Friday October 10th[/B]
    Posted By:Lee Brodie
    Topics:Stock Market | Stock Picks

Because the market is so treacherous right now, instead of stock picks the traders have some words of wisdom heading into the open.

Donít liquidate 401K or mutual funds, says Joe Terranova.

This is like a boxing match, says Jon Najarian. I think the government needs to become a referee and stop this fight.

If you are not a distressed seller keep the good companies in your portfolio, counsels Tim Seymour. Iíd buy the EWZ [EWZ 35.71 -1.29 (-3.49%) ] or the EZA [EZA 34.5 -3.05 (-8.12%) ] as emerging markets plays.

Everyone has an opinion, adds Zach Karabell. Ask yourself, is thereís value in the world we live in as well as the US economy going forward? Thatís really the only thing that matters.

[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great analysis on the Bear market. Click the link, scroll down and watch the 6 minute video...

[url]http://www.cnbc.com/id/27107159[/url]