Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McCain campaign blames Obama for personally "assaulting" and "attacking" supporters.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2798391]Oh, I have said that from the beginning...and if you think we had riots in the past, just wait. Lock and load.....[/QUOTE]

That's why in this election season I knew the running mates were more important than ever. John being old with a history of skin cancer and Obama being a minority. I still see trucks with the stars and bars on them.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2798448]:thumbup:[/QUOTE]

:thumbup: indeed.:yes:

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2798449]Look at my post.

I'm not "blowing a gasket" because of the off hand remarks made by people not representative of the McCain campaign and Republican party. Look closely.

Did you notice how I said the left is not above reproach. And also that I have heard worse directed toward Bush?

Ok. That's settled.

Now...if you notice, I'm blowing a proverbial gasket because of the utter stupidity of the McCain campaign. You don't take something like this and flip it around to attack your opponent. You say that comments like this are utterly disgusting and uncalled for. You then, as a campaigner, would probably mention the 60's and the rabid left as a way of putting heated emotions into perspective. At least...that's what a good campaign manager would have done.

Not say Obama is attacking them. That's just gosh darn stupid.[/QUOTE]

I was speaking from personal point of view. Because of the actions of the liberal left, they made me politically what I am today. Don't know if that's a good thing or not, but for a guy who had no political views at all back then, they sure as hell left an indelible image for the rest of my life.

I'm probably one of the oldest guys and perhaps the only Nam vet in this forum...it was brutal to say the least back then. You walk in airports today and you see guy in their fatigues...can you imagine if we did that back then...hell, we were told to immediatly change into civies the minute we left the post.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2798450]I don't doubt that. What we don;t know is who said it, and which campaign they work for.

No doubt, it certainly couldhave been one angry (stupid) McCain supporter. Wouldn't doubt that for a second.

Could also be a plant a la Hillary Clinton. Or a media plant, I have no faith in THEIR honesty at this point. One need only look at the coverage to see their bias in their descriptions of McCains supporters, generally speaking of course.

As I said, I wasn't there. Same as I have not been to an Obama rally, to hear what his supportes may or may not have said that could be deemed offensive. Suprisingly, there has been no talk that way, of course. Guess Obama's supportes would never say anything offensive, right?

Well, that may be one difference between you and I. I do not neccessarily believe "what I read' from the media any longer.

Really? Don't recall the move about Bush being assassinated? Don't recall liberals calling Bush the "real terrorist"? Really Nuu? Come on.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, guess it comes down to what the media shows you as "plain sight". Protestors have been at many of McCains rallies, and said some stunningly offensive things.

But the media doesn't show that. Or write it.

Hence you don't see it. Because you believe what you read. Right?

Guess JFK and RFK might have somethign to say too Nuu. Hate doesn't only flow in one direction in the issue of race, despite what the media tell you.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%

I guess whenever someone criticizes President Obama, we can look forward to cries of racism.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2798450]I don't doubt that. What we don;t know is who said it, and which campaign they work for.

No doubt, it certainly couldhave been one angry (stupid) McCain supporter. Wouldn't doubt that for a second.

Could also be a plant a la Hillary Clinton. Or a media plant, I have no faith in THEIR honesty at this point. One need only look at the coverage to see their bias in their descriptions of McCains supporters, generally speaking of course.

As I said, I wasn't there. Same as I have not been to an Obama rally, to hear what his supportes may or may not have said that could be deemed offensive. Suprisingly, there has been no talk that way, of course. Guess Obama's supportes would never say anything offensive, right?

Well, that may be one difference between you and I. I do not neccessarily believe "what I read' from the media any longer.

Really? Don't recall the move about Bush being assassinated? Don't recall liberals calling Bush the "real terrorist"? Really Nuu? Come on.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, guess it comes down to what the media shows you as "plain sight". Protestors have been at many of McCains rallies, and said some stunningly offensive things.

Hence you don't see it. Because you believe what you read. Right?

Guess JFK and RFK might have somethign to say too Nuu. Hate doesn't only flow in one direction in the issue of race, despite what the media tell you.[/QUOTE]

If I read multiple independent accounts of something in legitimate news sources, yes, I believe it.

Maybe that makes me naive. Or perhaps it means I'm not willfully ignorant.

I certainly remember all the stuff you mentioned. None of it was going on at John Kerry rallies though, with John Kerry himself whipping it up in the manner that Palin and McCain seem to be doing.

Both parties have lunatic fringes. The GOP fringe seems to be in closer physical proximity to its candidate at this point.

Might the people shouting "kill him" and "terrorist" be Obama campaign plants, as you suggest? Sure. In the same way I might be David Axelrod. You just never know.

As I said, I wasn't there. Same as I have not been to an Obama rally, to hear what his supportes may or may not have said that could be deemed offensive. Suprisingly, there has been no talk that way, of course. Guess Obama's supportes would never say anything offensive, right?[/quote]
    It could have been me who threatened to kill Obama! It could have been ponytail guy! It could have been McCain's son! It was a person at a rally in support for John McCain, we could assume that the person who said the comment was in support of John McCain. In addition to "kill him" there was also "off with his head" and "terrorist." The media has a profit motive above all else and if people at Obama rallies were heard yelling threats against the life of presidential candidates I'm sure we'd know.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2798450]Well, that may be one difference between you and I. I do not neccessarily believe "what I read' from the media any longer. [/quote]
    If you don't believe in journalism in this country, why not? What do you believe in instead?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2798450]Really? Don't recall the move about Bush being assassinated? Don't recall liberals calling Bush the "real terrorist"? Really Nuu? Come on.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote]
    I don't recall the movie about Bush being assassinated being shown at an Obama rally, a Kerry rally, an Edwards rally...

[QUOTE=Warfish;2798450]Well, guess it comes down to what the media shows you as "plain sight". Protestors have been at many of McCains rallies, and said some stunningly offensive things.

Hence you don't see it. Because you believe what you read. Right?[/quote]
    That's because people who are protesting against [i]anything[/i] tend to say offensive things. Protesters are dicks, more news at 11.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2798450]Guess JFK and RFK might have somethign to say too Nuu. Hate doesn't only flow in one direction in the issue of race, despite what the media tell you.[/QUOTE]
    True, the statistics show it's closer to flowing in one direction in the issue of politics.
    Last edited by Ciaran; 10-10-2008 at 05:00 PM.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2798452]That's why in this election season I knew the running mates were more important than ever. John being old with a history of skin cancer and Obama being a minority. [B]I still see trucks with the stars and bars on them.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yep and they can't discriminate against age on applications...but, they do anyway.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2798466]Agreed 100%

I guess whenever someone criticizes President Obama, we can look forward to cries of racism.[/QUOTE]

Who is crying racism in this thread?

Veteran

I guess whenever someone criticizes President Obama, we can look forward to cries of racism.[/QUOTE]

Well we certainly can look forward to 4 years of you whining about it...:D

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2798475]Who is crying racism in this thread?[/QUOTE]

No one, I didn't mean to imply that.

I just hope we're not headed down a path where Obama gets a free ride from all of the lunatic bull**** that Bush had to put up with. Yeah, he was a bad President, but some of the attacks against him have been totally egregious.

If anyone pulls that **** with Obama I could totally see some lib crying racism.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2798494]No one, I didn't mean to imply that.

[B]I just hope we're not headed down a path where Obama gets a free ride from all of the lunatic bull**** that Bush had to put up with. Yeah, he was a bad President, but some of the attacks against him have been totally egregious.

If anyone pulls that **** with Obama I could totally see some lib crying racism.[/B][/QUOTE]

You're right.

The left uses racism and the right uses racism. One loves to play the victim the other loves to mention Obama's middle name.

Both are guilty of using race to their advantage.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2798494]No one, I didn't mean to imply that.

I just hope we're not headed down a path where Obama gets a free ride from all of the lunatic bull**** that Bush had to put up with. Yeah, he was a bad President, but some of the attacks against him have been totally egregious.

If anyone pulls that **** with Obama I could totally see some lib crying racism.[/QUOTE]

Every president gets to put up with a certain amount of lunatic-fringe accusations.

Clinton, recall, was accused or drug-trafficking, rape and even murder during his term by conservatives. Bush has certainly had his share of that, too.

I think, if Obama wins, we are in for years of conspiracy theories in the "secret muslim terrorist" conspiracy theories, and god knows what else. That's fine, part of what's normal in the internet age, I guess.

The racial element is sort of an unknown in this equation. But I have a hard time imagining that it will be a mellowing factor when it comes to this stuff.

[/QUOTE]

well, this is a little out there...

the point isn't who said it, was it a plant, wast it real, what has or hasn't been said at Obama rallies..

this is about a presidential nominee, VP nominee, and campaign managers deciding not to address the issue when it happened, when it was on the news, when people were talking about it, etc, etc

no one came out to say, "Hey, that's wrong, we don't endorse that type of thinking."

no, the response was, how dare Obama attack our supporters.

fish, I know you may be playing devil's advocate, or just using you hatred of the double standard libs have, but this is not about lib's being offended at something they may do to someone else, this is about McCain and Palin doing nothing to quiet the shouts of "kill him" about another presidential nominee..

you don't think they would be all over Obama if this happened at his rally?

Hell, they would probably say it was a buddy of his...

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication

So cry's of terrorist and kill him aren't at least partially race driven? Come on.

It's kind of funny the amount of contorting you guys do to pretend racism isn't a very real issue in this country..
    Last edited by CTM; 10-10-2008 at 06:37 PM.

[QUOTE=CTM;2798572]Lol, so cry's of terrorist and kill him aren't at least partially race driven? Come on.

It's kind of funny the amount of contorting you guys do to pretend racism isn't a very real issue in this country..[/QUOTE]

It is...big time. And it's not just one race that has that market cornered.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2798470]If I read multiple independent accounts of something in legitimate news sources, yes, I believe it.[/quote]

What qualifies as "multiple independant" in your eyes? One Mainstream Media guy reporting something and everyone else glomming on and agreeing?

Sorry Nuu, I'm not buying it. A great example was on local radio this morning....the post described a McCain supporter "bellowing" to McCain about "angrily attacking" Obama.....except the host had audio, which he played.

No Bellowing. No attacking.

This, from a VERY well-respected major paper. Pure. Lies.

I'll be the first to admit when FOX is biased. It's a shame Libs don;t see it in their own media.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2798470]Maybe that makes me naive. Or perhaps it means I'm not willfully ignorant.[/quote]

Not at all my friend. But you have to admit....you ARE a Liberal, right? It's alot harder to see the bias when it's playing for your team.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2798470]I certainly remember all the stuff you mentioned. None of it was going on at John Kerry rallies though, with John Kerry himself whipping it up in the manner that Palin and McCain seem to be doing.[/quote]

The the crux then is "at rallies" as opposed to "voiced, loudly, by supporters, often in droves". Ok, well I don't buy the destrinction personally, but you can argue the case if you like.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2798470]Both parties have lunatic fringes. The GOP fringe seems to be in closer physical proximity to its candidate at this point.[/quote]

Lol. Sure. Sorry Nuu, but your simply biased on this. You don;t see the lefts flaws, because you are the left.

Despite the common belief, I am NOT the right. I have not and do not support McLame. No, I'm not unbiased, but my biases run far more against both, than with either.

You're right, both sides have lunatic fringe, but your wrong that only one side has them close.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2798470]Might the people shouting "kill him" and "terrorist" be Obama campaign plants, as you suggest? Sure. In the same way I might be David Axelrod. You just never know.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Axelrod, I am a big fan of your work, and I am touched that a guy like you would post here, and more, have such respect and friendship with me. It's been a pleasure.

All Pro
    [QUOTE]Earlier today, Obama remarked on recent outbursts of "Traitor!" "Terrorist!" and "Kill him!" at McCain campaign events. [B]"It's easy to rile up a crowd," Obama said. "Nothing's easier than riling up a crowd by stoking anger and division. But that's not what we need right now in the United States."[/B][/QUOTE]

This is condemned as an "assault on our supporters" and "attacks on Americans?"

What world is the McCain campaign living in? If this man wants to be President, how about starting with not being completely disingenuous?

[QUOTE]"Nothing's easier than riling up a crowd by stoking anger and division"[/QUOTE]

Well, Obama would certainly know plenty about anger and division.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2798677]Well, Obama would certainly know plenty about anger and division.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm sure they had a chapter devoted to it in his textbook his teachers, Osama Bin Laden and Satan the Devil, gave him at the terrorism training school he attended at the University of BabyKilling HomoSuckFace A & M.

[QUOTE=CTM;2798572]So cry's of terrorist and kill him aren't at least partially race driven? Come on.

It's kind of funny the amount of contorting you guys do to pretend racism isn't a very real issue in this country..[/QUOTE]

Did I say that?