Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troopergate: Gov. Palin Abused Her Power

Hall Of Fame

Troopergate: Gov. Palin Unlawfully Abused Her Power

Palin Abused Her Power

A report from Alaska's legislature finds that Gov. Sarah Palin [B]"unlawfully abused her authority"[/B] in firing Alaska's public safety commissioner Walt Monegan. The 263 page report concludes that a "family grudge" was a contributing reason for the dismissal.

"Monegan says he was dismissed as retribution for resisting pressure to fire a state trooper involved in a bitter divorce with the governor's sister. Palin says Monegan was fired as part of a legitimate budget dispute," the AP explains.

In an attempt to preempt the news, the McCain campaign issued their own report clearing Palin.

[url]http://politicalwire.com/[/url]

or

[url]http://news.google.com/news?q=palin+troopergate&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&hl=en&resnum=1&scoring=n[/url]

Finding Number One

For the reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) provides The legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust.

Finding Number Two

I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

Finding Number Three

Harbor Adjustment Service of Anchorage, and its owner Ms. Murleen Wilkes, handled Trooper Michael Wooten's workers' compensation claim property and in the normal course of business like any other claim processed by Harbor Adjustment Service and Ms. Wilkes. Further, Trooper Wooten received all the workers' compensation benefits to which he was entitled.

Finding Number Four

The Attorney General's office has failed to substantially comply with my August 6, 2008 written request to Governor Sarah Palin for infomration about the case in the form of emails.

[url]http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/10/abuse-of-power.html[/url]

Full report can be found here: [url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/10/troopergate-report-full-t_n_133806.html[/url]
    Last edited by King Ryan; 10-11-2008 at 12:11 AM.

So what? I don't get it.

How does that help regular people?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2798840]So what? I don't get it.

How does that help regular people?[/QUOTE]

It helps regular people by them becoming more educated on the people / politicians that may be running this country, and whether or not the "unlawfully abuse their power" or not... in this case, it's clear and a proven [b]fact[/b] that Gov. Palin "unlawfully abused her power", therefore it's even more evidence (as if it wasn't overwhelming to begin with!) that she is not qualified for VP or Pres!

That clear enough for ya?

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2798855]It helps regular people by them becoming more educated on the people / politicians that may be running this country, and whether or not the "unlawfully abuse their power" or not... in this case, it's clear and a proven [b]fact[/b] that Gov. Palin "unlawfully abused her power", therefore it's even more evidence (as if it wasn't overwhelming to begin with!) that she is not qualified for VP or Pres!

That clear enough for ya?[/QUOTE]

What would be a lot more helpful would be if someone would illustrate for me why they support one candidate or the other. Without taking the latest expose about the opposing candidate off the internet and posting it as if it were some sort of original thought.

Can you help me with that? I'm kinda dumb. All I need is a few reasons to vote for one candidate, as opposed to reasons to vote against the other candidate. Surely someone as smart as you can help me.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2798860]What would be a lot more helpful would be if someone would illustrate for me why they support one candidate or the other. Without taking the latest expose about the opposing candidate off the internet and posting it as if it were some sort of original thought.

Can you help me with that? I'm kinda dumb. All I need is a few reasons to vote for one candidate, as opposed to reasons to vote against the other candidate. Surely someone as smart as you can help me.[/QUOTE]

My post is [B]clearly [/B]not any attempt of original thought, it's quotes followed by the link to said quotes and then the first 4 findings from the report itself! What's with the passive aggressive bs and semi-personal attacks anyways?!? And if you WERE going to be passive aggressive, at least do it right and say something true in it rather than something clearly false such as my post being an attempt to trick you all into thinking it was my own original though... if you're gonna do it, do it right (although imho don't do the passive aggressive and personal attacking, even if you are going to do it right)

As if you need an explanation, but I'll humor you... My attempt was to post a relevant news story which just broke and we had been waiting for since he announced the bimbo as his VP

as for reasons to vote for her, you're asking the wrong guy... although I'd be glad to give you reasons to vote for The Good Doctor Ron Paul!!! :D
    Last edited by King Ryan; 10-11-2008 at 12:22 AM.

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2798868]My post is clearly not any attempt of original thought, it's quotes followed by the link to said quotes. My attempt was to post a relevant news story which just broke and we had been waiting for since he announced the bimbo as his VP

as for reasons to vote for her, you're asking the wrong guy... although I'd be glad to give you reasons to vote for The Good Doctor Ron Paul!!! :D[/QUOTE]

OK. Umm...thanks...I guess.

Not really helpful in any way. But thanks for posting it, I guess. I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2798869]OK. Umm...thanks...I guess.

Not really helpful in any way. But thanks for posting it, I guess. I'm sure it will help a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

yeah you're right, news and facts about candidates are useless and not helpful in any way to help figure out who to vote for... it's much better to just decide who you'd rather have a beer with, because that's worked out so well for us in the past :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2798874]yeah you're right, news and facts about candidates are useless and not helpful in any way to help figure out who to vote for... it's much better to just decide who you'd rather have a beer with, because that's worked out so well for us in the past :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No...please don't take this the wrong way.

All I want is for someone to say: "Vote for this candidate, because he will...." and then tell me what you think that candidate will do once they are elected.

That shouldn't be that hard, should it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Is this a private thread between Tangenius and Roger Vick?

[QUOTE=SMC;2798889]Is this a private thread between Tangenius and Roger Vick?[/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge.

[QUOTE=SMC;2798889]Is this a private thread between Tangenius and Roger Vick?[/QUOTE]

Plz to post more of teh pretend dialogue from the John Smith self-investigashun.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2798893]Plz to post more of teh pretend dialogue from the John Smith self-investigashun.[/QUOTE]

Dose that tattoo say "Pfail"?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2798881]No...please don't take this the wrong way.

All I want is for someone to say: "Vote for this candidate, because he will...." and then tell me what you think that candidate will do once they are elected.

That shouldn't be that hard, should it?[/QUOTE]

well then you're in the wrong thread.... but I'm glad I've figured out how to use the PMs and no-one else can see this ;)

btw it's not that hard at all

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;2798896]Dose that tattoo say "Pfail"?[/QUOTE]

Indeed it does.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2798899]Indeed it does.[/QUOTE]

Sweet.

Wow, stunning development.

I am SURE Obama has never abused his positions for personal gain.

Vote Obama.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2798905]Wow, stunning development.

Vote Obama.[/QUOTE]

I think I just might.

All Pro

Vote Obama.[/QUOTE]

You can cite an instance of an ethics investigation into Obama? (or McCain, for that matter)

Is this the "everybody does it" defense?

Vote Obama.[/QUOTE]

He has never been accused of doing that, and certainly not the subject of an official, bipartisan investigation that found he did.

Jets Insider VIP

Vote Obama.[/QUOTE]

Fish, is that your only response to everything?

People in McCain's rally are shouting "kill him!" about Obama, and you insinuate that it might be an Obama plant.

A BIPARTISAN panel (Republicans and Dems) found that Gov. Palin abused her power and your response is to allude to Obama abusing his power?

Why don't you ask if McCain has ever abused his position for personal gain?

The game of, "I did something wrong but maybe the other guy did something wrong too" is utterly lame.

Your insight is much better than what you've shown on these recent threads, Fish.