Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Troopergate: Gov. Palin Abused Her Power

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2799159]What did Palin gain? She is too stupid to use her power to gain, she rather be the typical revengeful Queen.[/QUOTE]

a chance to be the VP Bimbo?

[QUOTE=CTM;2798981]Was there really a time when you were libertarian/independant?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I don't get involved in pigeon-holing my viewpoint to suit others CTM.

Feel free to call me whatever little term suits your fancy. My position on issues is usually quite clear, and my position on the two parties (and my refusal to vote for either) is well documented.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2798983]Please. By that definition all politicians are guilty by nature of being politicians. Meaning politics 100% corrupts. Meaning...what?...that we should cease enforcing corruption laws in politics? You're not providing a very supported argument here...just taking pot shots.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would say it's a safe bet that the vast majority of politicans today are corrupt in some form.

And I cannot support my view, because I am not (shockingly) an investigative reporter. Hence I have not investiaged the questionable aspects of Obama's career thus far. Nor, for the most part IMO, has most of our major media.

Opinions are free to differ. I am sure, Obama supporters most of you are, you all feel he has been vetted more than anyone alive, but is pristine, uncorruptable, the change we need for hope, and not nearly as evil as McLame/Poolin (who, I hate to keep bringing it up, I do not support in ANY form whatsoever, and in fact, I have spoken against here on the forum repeatedly about).

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2798985]The media?!? this was started BEFORE she was the VP bimbo... it has nothing to do with the media and everything to do with her [i]unlawful abuse of power[/i], and only nation media worthy because she is now the VP bimbo. Oh and btw, the investigation / report came from a commission made up of 10 GOPers and only 4 Dems

so if there was a governmental investigation of Obama that started before he started running, I'd sure as hell like the media to report on it[/QUOTE]

And that investigation that everyone here is all up in arms about......recommended NO action whatsoever. No discipline. No criminal investigation. Nothing. And it fact, it cannot even prove that her actions were unethical, only that it appears they were, in part, a reason for firing this guy.

So, no action taken, no repurcussion, no investiagtion futher. Guess it's not the big crime you've made it out to be eh?

Hall Of Fame
    This doesn't affect people who are Republicans or conservatives... This affects the perception it gives to undecided voters. Let's get that clear. We'll just have to see what the undecided people think about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2799218]I don't know. I don't get involved in pigeon-holing my viewpoint to suit others CTM.

Feel free to call me whatever little term suits your fancy. My position on issues is usually quite clear, and my position on the two parties (and my refusal to vote for either) is well documented.
    [/QUOTE]
    Little terms? Just curious since I remember many moons ago you were saying you were Libertarian. Since the current incarnation of the GOP party in practice is pretty much the opposite of Libertarian view points both fiscally and socially, I was wondering how you seem to have done a complete 180..

Maybe you just like arguing with Libs more? I don't know, seems that outside of saying you won't vote McCain, you spend a lot of time acting like a party line GOP'er, arguing with the Obamabots and defending McCain and all..

[QUOTE=CTM;2799235]
    Maybe you just like arguing with Libs more? I don't know, seems that outside of saying you won't vote McCain, you spend a lot of time acting like a party line GOP'er, arguing with the Obamabots and defending McCain and all..[/QUOTE]

I stopped describing myself some time ago. If forced, I would say Libertarian Conservative. Does it matter, really?

And yes, I am this boards permanent Devil's Advocate, and I debate (and always will) the "majority" far more often than the minority.

In the past, that was the Conservatives. Today, it's the Liberals.

Again, do you have a point here? Or is your goal simply to try and peg me down as a McCain guy, so you can safely ignore me? If so, with my apologies, it's simply not the case. And if you've missed the things I've posted against McCain or Palin (worst choice eva) thats your issue, respectfully, it's not mine.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2799491]In the past, that was the Conservatives. Today, it's the Liberals...[/QUOTE]

In these tough times, this forum needs a mod who isn't a flip flipper. We need true leadership that never waivers, that's stands for what he believes in, that's not afraid to be the solitary voice of reason.

Help us Obi War Fishakobi...you're our only hope. ;)

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2799495]In these tough times, this forum needs a mod who isn't a flip flipper. We need true leadership that never waivers, that's stands for what he believes in, that's not afraid to be the solitary voice of reason.

Help us Obi War Fishakobi...you're our only hope. ;)[/QUOTE]

Plumber, in all seriousness, the one thing I can swear to you is I will always Mod fairly. My arguments, or personal positions, will never ever ever get someone banned here or disciplined here.

I take that part of my job in here very seriously.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2799498]Plumber, in all seriousness, the one thing I can swear to you is I will always Mod fairly. My arguments, or personal positions, will never ever ever get someone banned here or disciplined here.

I take that part of my job in here very seriously.[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt...

I was just busting balls :)

Classic. Fish that should be in your sig.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2799495]Help us Obi War Fishakobi...you're our only hope. ;)[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2798860]What would be a lot more helpful would be if someone would illustrate for me why they support one candidate or the other. Without taking the latest expose about the opposing candidate off the internet and posting it as if it were some sort of original thought.

Can you help me with that? [B]I'm kinda dumb[/B]. All I need is a few reasons to vote for one candidate, as opposed to reasons to vote against the other candidate. Surely someone as smart as you can help me.[/QUOTE]

I'll take you at your word.

She was only in office for a short period of time and her own party called for an investigation and found that she abused her power.

Why don't you think this is relevant as to her worthiness to serve in the highest office in the land? I would like to think that our president (if, God forbid, she became president) would be more interested in the public trust then in abusing her power to even petty scores. I am having trouble understanding why you would play dumb on this point.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2798905]Wow, stunning development.

I am SURE Obama has never abused his positions for personal gain.

Vote Obama.[/QUOTE]

I am not aware of him showing poor enough judgment to be found guilty of abusing his power by a bipartisan panel of his own peers.

One of the things that really raises red flags about this is that she and her husband were warned by allies that they should stop because it would look really bad if it ever came out and they just went on making those phone calls. To me it shows bad judgment combined with a brazen arrogance.
    Last edited by RIJetFan; 10-14-2008 at 01:11 PM.