Thread: Enough Is Enough

Enough Is Enough

I have had enough. I have never been so disgusted by the toxic atmosphere that has enveloped the political body in this country. Its out of hand and the movers and shakers of both parties are responsible. Through recent American history we have been treated to trash politics from Richard Nixon's racist southern strategy to the Clinton Machine's "win at any cost" style. And now Karl Rove's sewer style of running a campaign has stoked the flames of an ugliness in this country that makes me sick.

I give credit to John McCain for finally saying in Minnesota that it has gone too far when the white trash in the audience shouted that Obama should die. I just wish that McCain would have been more aggressive in Wisconsin the night before. He needs to take more responsibility for the direction of his own campaign by telling Karl Rove that he would rather lose the election then try to win it this way. (and lets not kid ourselves that Rove's finger prints are not all over this trash)

What is this country evolving into? At what cost should an election be won? At what point does the damage to the country become so bad that we cease to ever have an opportunity of a "United" States? Our air waves have become polluted with the stench of people like Sean Hannity, Karl Rove and Keith Olberman. These hate mongers have turned the bewildered herd into a state of foaming at the mouth. And how ignorant is the average American in this country for falling into this web?

But at the end of the day we are all American citizens first. We should be mortified by the people running our country. We should be sick at what we have been witnessing over the past few days.

Enough is enough.

Unfortunately this is not even a recent development in our countries history. I understand that it used to get very viscious and dirty even in the countries early days.

That said, I agree that it is distasteful. Mostly, to me, when such attacks and distrations take away from the country's focus on measuring the worthiness of the candidates and frequently cultivates some kind of lie about the other person. And I agree that this is a typical Karl Rove type of campaign. Attempting to spread lies and disparage a good man's record. When you can take John Kerry's record in Vietnam; where he served his country, put himself in harms way and came back with enough balls to publicly make a stand (a good trait for a leader), and somehow make it seem like a bad thing, there should be some kind of special pain in your future. Especially when your candidate, George Bush Jr., never served and was instead getting in trouble for partying too much!

But I think, as the times are getting even more serious, people are listening harder and are less inclined to believe the junk. Obama has been wise not to get sucked into the crap and has appeared more prepared to get to the work at hand. I think the name calling is making McCain seem desperate and suggests that he doesn't think he can make progress sticking to the topics.

I can't believe some of the POS's in the audience that had the nerve to boo McCain when he stood up for him. And I really give credit to McCain for snatching the microphone out of that lunatic women who called him an Arab.

That being said, you can't really get too mad at your audience for calling the guy a terrorist when you've launched campaign ads purposefully trying to instill that mentality into your audience. I get McCain's frustration, and in all honesty, I don't think he wanted to go down this road. His staff hasn't been running a good campaign lately and I don't think that's of McCain's doing...IMO he looks like he wants to really be discussing what's at the heart of actual issues at rally footage that I've seen, and he's not able to do it.