Thread: Arena Bar

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Arena Bar

The pub at the SE corner of The Rock just turned into a "lounge." Proper attire includes no caps. I was able to get by, like at Hell's Kitchen, but they actually turned away hockey fans who wouldn't take off their colors(I didn't). Terrible to lose such a great sports bar, but there's more around.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 10-13-2008 at 03:35 PM.

Wow, that's ridiculous. Why would they turn away hockey fans when the ****ing bar is located in a hockey arena?

What can you say Newark is a posh place.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Wow, that's ridiculous. Why would they turn away hockey fans when the ****ing bar is located in a hockey arena?
    No, it's outside the arena. Was a great sports bar but now they've taken down most of the TV's, and play music videos on the others. Shame because it really was a cool spot. Luckily, there are more in the area and a new one opening soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    No, it's outside the arena. Was a great sports bar but now they've taken down most of the TV's, and play music videos on the others. Shame because it really was a cool spot. Luckily, there are more in the area and a new one opening soon.
    Yea, I know where it is. I didn't mean to actually say it was inside the arena. That's still ridiculous though. You figure they would target the hockey fans as their main customers.

Smile Question

Your post rocks!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Yea, I know where it is. I didn't mean to actually say it was inside the arena. That's still ridiculous though. You figure they would target the hockey fans as their main customers.
    Basically , I know if I was the owner I would.It's common sense.

Veteran
    Arena Has Always Been A Lounge Even B4 The Arena Came But Theres Alot Of Close Spots To Go To Like Happy Hour On Warwick St , Guitar Bar On Nj Rr Ave , 118 Lounge On Stocton, Xl Lounge On New York Ave , Sagres On Propect , Iberia On Ferry, Adegas On Ferry St, I Mean I Could Go On And On And These R All Safe Spots To Go To In The Good Part Of Newark

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jr420x View Post
    Arena Has Always Been A Lounge Even B4 The Arena Came But Theres Alot Of Close Spots To Go To Like Happy Hour On Warwick St , Guitar Bar On Nj Rr Ave , 118 Lounge On Stocton, Xl Lounge On New York Ave , Sagres On Propect , Iberia On Ferry, Adegas On Ferry St, I Mean I Could Go On And On And These R All Safe Spots To Go To In The Good Part Of Newark
    Iberia sucks, but those other spots might be worth explorting. I just dunno wft they are. Skully's, Kilkeny's, Hell's Kitchen(and the place caddy corner), Green St Pub, and the best is McGovern's.