Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You know your campaign is doing too well when...

I got your joke.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2799984]Not many people realistically believe McCain still has a chance. In my mind, its been over for weeks now. In fact, Obama could expand his lead and end up winning 53 of the 57 states he is campaigning in![/QUOTE]

the real shame of this situation

the only person in the entire Mccain campaign with any decency or common sense is John McCain.

everyone else, Palin, Rove, Gramm - all of em are cock-a-doodle crazy - but John McCain is actually a decent man, and he's earned my respect a long time ago.

I've said this before Ill say it again, who ever wins this election will be far better than Bush... but if MCCain wins and promptly keels over we are all in trouble.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2799353]His campaign ads are shady, but I do respect him for snatching that mic out of the old bags hand.
    [/QUOTE]

No respect deserved. He took the mic from her so we wouldn't know a lot of his supporters are idiots.

Banned
    [QUOTE=AJGunns;2799351]
    That woman thinks that Obama is an Arab. Are you kidding me? She gets to vote?[/QUOTE]

Have you been reading the politcal threads on this site and other right-wing blogs? Obama is a Christian who was born in Hawaii yet somehow the right-wingers get off on calling him a secret muslim terrorist communist.

Does she get to vote? Yes. According to Pauliec, she should vote but peopel under the age of 34 who watch TMZ and may vote for Obama should not.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2799185]You get booed by your own supporters...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-Ijky95dc[/url][/QUOTE]

well, using Warfish's logic..

how do I know these aren't McCain plants in the audience so that he can quiet all of the criticism of his own campaign's attacks on Obama by defending Obama from these exaggerated far-right views?

Until someone can prove me wrong, that is what I believe, McCain planted these people and then had rehearsed reactions to each one.

Anyone who thinks that this isn't a good possibility is naive.

[QUOTE]piney Quote:

well, using Warfish's logic..

how do I know these aren't McCain plants in the audience so that he can quiet all of the criticism of his own campaign's attacks on Obama by defending Obama from these exaggerated far-right views?

Until someone can prove me wrong, that is what I believe, McCain planted these people and then had rehearsed reactions to each one.

Anyone who thinks that this isn't a good possibility is naive. [/QUOTE]

Using your logic it is also possible that the Obama campaign could have planted anyone of those people who were shouting "kill him" or "terrorist" to bring controversy to McCain.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=piney;2802849]well, using Warfish's logic..

Anyone who thinks that this isn't a good possibility is naive.[/QUOTE]

You mean we got hilary clintoned again?

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2802881]Using your logic it is also possible that the Obama campaign could have planted anyone of those people who were shouting "kill him" or "terrorist" to bring controversy to McCain.[/QUOTE]

that was the argument I was referring to...

Warfish put out there that Obama could have planted those people, so I am just using that thought and expanding it to this...

c'mon man, catch up!!!

also, this isn't to goad 'Fish at all, but while reading this thread I just thought about that point he made and then I applied it here, mainly because I don't think it is a good point....just a wild "Devil's Advocate" moment.

[QUOTE=piney;2802904]that was the argument I was referring to...

Warfish put out there that Obama could have planted those people, so I am just using that thought and expanding it to this...

c'mon man, catch up!!!

also, this isn't to goad 'Fish at all, but while reading this thread I just thought about that point he made and then I applied it here, mainly because I don't think it is a good point....just a wild "Devil's Advocate" moment.[/QUOTE]

Ok piney, are you trying to confuse the hell out of me?:D
    Where is Warfish's post?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2802929]Ok piney, are you trying to confuse the hell out of me?:D
    Where is Warfish's post?[/QUOTE]

It's in another thread...

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2802641]the real shame of this situation

the only person in the entire Mccain campaign with any decency or common sense is John McCain.

everyone else, Palin, Rove, Gramm - all of em are cock-a-doodle crazy - but John McCain is actually a decent man, and he's earned my respect a long time ago.

I've said this before Ill say it again, who ever wins this election will be far better than Bush... but if MCCain wins and promptly keels over we are all in trouble.[/QUOTE]
    Good post. Agreed.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2802932]It's in another thread...[/QUOTE]

Thanks

All League
    [QUOTE=AJGunns;2799351][B]His answers were refreshingly responsible and appropriate. [/B]
    That woman thinks that Obama is an Arab. Are you kidding me? She gets to vote?[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm not a McCain fan, but I respect him for saying what he said. I would hope all candidates would do that.

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2802929]Ok piney, are you trying to confuse the hell out of me?:D
    Where is Warfish's post?[/QUOTE]

in another thread:

in response to Plumber saying that he distinctly heard someone say "Kill Him" about Obama during a McCain rally on a piece of video, 'Fish responded this way;

[QUOTE]I don't doubt that. What we don't know is who said it, and which campaign they work for.

No doubt, it certainly could have been one angry (stupid) McCain supporter. Wouldn't doubt that for a second.

Could also be a plant a la Hillary Clinton. Or a media plant, I have no faith in THEIR honesty at this point. One need only look at the coverage to see their bias in their descriptions of McCain's supporters, generally speaking of course.[/QUOTE]

so, all I was doing, was using that logic here, sort of tongue in cheek.

McCain was too late in trying to condemn some of these ideas from his supporters heads, mainly when he and his running mate are pushing this ideology into them with their style of campaign.

Remember when Obama made sure that he addressed the media, and in turn the country, by saying attacks on Palin's daughter, or on any candidates children, was off limits.

Now, every right-wing guy on here rolled their eyes saying it was a ploy and behind closed doors the Obama campaign was going to attack Palin's daughter, which never happened.

McCain should also have come out and immediately said something similar about the ugly attacks on Obama.

The problem though, is he couldn't, because he was stoking those fires.

Someone here said it best;

[QUOTE]Please! it's like me reprimanding my son for acting like a maniac after I have gotten him all riled up.[/QUOTE]

I read the thread.

We don't know the true background and motivation of the people shouting these comments at McCain's rallies.

I do agree that it is important to stop that kind of rhetoric right in its tracks. McCain should have addressed that comment the moment it became apparent to him that it was said.
    Why he didn't is beyond me.

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2802996]I read the thread.

We don't know the true background and motivation of the people shouting these comments at McCain's rallies.[/QUOTE]

well, using that thought process, then we also do not know the background of the people who he gave the microphone to and then subsequently defended Obama to either.

You see my point?

[QUOTE]I do agree that it is important to stop that kind of rhetoric right in its tracks. McCain should have addressed that comment the moment it became apparent to him that it was said.
    Why he didn't is beyond me. [/QUOTE]

he couldn't because I think McCain needs that sort of negative aspect more than Obama does. If the roles were reversed I don't know if Obama would also come running to defend McCain either.

McCain needs people to think Obama is a terrorist sympathizer and a secret Muslim.

[QUOTE]piney Quote:

well, using that thought process, then we also do not know the background of the people who he gave the microphone to and then subsequently defended Obama to either.

You see my point? [/QUOTE]

I see your point and agree.

[QUOTE]he couldn't because I think McCain needs that sort of negative aspect more than Obama does. If the roles were reversed I don't know if Obama would also come running to defend McCain either.

McCain needs people to think Obama is a terrorist sympathizer and a secret Muslim. [/QUOTE]

I don't agree in this respect.
    McCain may need the negative aspect in his campaign, but he can denounce it. It's basically the same as Obama denouncing the attacks on Palins family. He came out and took a position that gave the appearance that he was taking the high road. The attacks still continued, but he remained above the fray. McCain could have denounced the statements. It wouldn't necessarily stop them but he would have given the appearance that he remained above the fray.

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2803083]I see your point and agree.

I don't agree in this respect.
    McCain may need the negative aspect in his campaign, but he can denounce it. It's basically the same as Obama denouncing the attacks on Palins family. He came out and took a position that gave the appearance that he was taking the high road. The attacks still continued, but he remained above the fray. McCain could have denounced the statements. It wouldn't necessarily stop them but he would have given the appearance that he remained above the fray.[/QUOTE]

the difference to me is that Palin is actively going out and trying to stir people against Obama using the Ayers connection and trying to make people think he is someone they don't know.

For McCain to defend Obama would be to show he is at odds with Palin.

McCain can't call out his VP can he?

Biden wasn't saying anything about Palin's parenting skills or bringing up her family.

I have yet to see a picture of Obama with Ayres. They are pals right? They hang out and help each other out all the time. Where are the pictures?
    Abramoff even had photos with GW.

Palin should not say a word about anything, she has her own issues.

[QUOTE=piney;2803086]the difference to me is that Palin is actively going out and trying to stir people against Obama using the Ayers connection and trying to make people think he is someone they don't know.

Biden wasn't saying anything about Palin's parenting skills or bringing up her family.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=piney;2803086]the difference to me is that Palin is actively going out and trying to stir people against Obama using the Ayers connection and trying to make people think he is someone they don't know.

Biden wasn't saying anything about Palin's parenting skills or bringing up her family.[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting that it is inappropriate or even dangerous for Palin to bring to light the fact that Obama is associated in some way with Ayers or anyone else for that matter? In other words are the people that Obama associated or associates with off limits because it will stir people against him or make people think he is someone they don't know?

Palin wasn't saying anything about Obama or Bidens family or parenting skills either.
    Last edited by chicadeel; 10-13-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: parenting skills