Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question to those affiliated with a party

A question to those affiliated with a party

Our conversations on a Jets message board in a subsection about politics will have absolutely no bearing on who our next president will be. You have chosen your affiliation for a reason and I have no questions about that. It seems that everyone has to defend their party's decisions as if admitting deficiency will strengthen the opposition.

My question is: [B]why can't we see the strengths of the opposition as well as the weaknesses of your chosen party?[/B]

I could no longer identify myself as a Republican, but I don't see myself as a Democrat, so I became unaffiliated. I agree and disagree with both sides.

flushingjet
    The opposition to my party has no strengths-unless being wrong/unpatriotic counts as a strength

Only neurotics/self-haters run around focusing on their own/America's weaknesses

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2803417]The opposition to my party has no strengths-unless being wrong/unpatriotic counts as a strength

Only neurotics/self-haters run around focusing on their own/America's weaknesses[/QUOTE]

Blind faith in your leaders is folly.

Openly questioning your government when you disagree with their policies is your patriotic duty.

The Republican Party is a shell of its former self. It has become defined by anger, hatred and the politics of fear.

The Democratic Party is and has always been crippled by it's overwhelming desire to appeal to every single issue idiot in the country. They come off as though they want to be everybody's Mommy and make it all ok despite their maddening inability to do so.

as a republican sometimes i watch myself,naked in the mirror.and i realize something about myself....i'm a naked republican looking into a mirror.

All League
    [QUOTE=flushingjet;2803417]
    Only neurotics/self-haters run around focusing on their own/America's weaknesses[/QUOTE]
    Nothing wrong with looking into your own weaknesses, it's how you can work to improve things you are not strong in. Ignoring your faults does nothing for you.

[QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2803423]
    The Republican Party is a shell of its former self. It has become defined by [B]DEMOCRATS as[/B] anger, hatred and the politics of fear.[/QUOTE]
    Shouting down and shouting out opposition is an infantile behavior almost exclusive to the left. Conservatives welcome debate.

In fact I'd like you to explain how the following is not true: the Republican primary had an array of candidates with very different platforms and ideas while the Democrats (with the possible exception of Kucinich, who was a treat to behold) had a panel of politicians with almost identical platforms that turned out to be a popularity/politicking contest.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2803431]as a republican sometimes i watch myself,naked in the mirror.and i realize something about myself....i'm a naked republican looking into a mirror.[/QUOTE]

That turns you on too, huh?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2803995]Shouting down and shouting out opposition is an infantile behavior almost exclusive to the left....[/QUOTE]

True...too bad (DELETED) exclusive to the right.

[QUOTE]In fact I'd like you to explain how the following is not true: the Republican primary had an array of candidates with very different platforms and ideas while the Democrats (with the possible exception of Kucinich, who was a treat to behold) had a panel of politicians with almost identical platforms that turned out to be a popularity/politicking contest[/QUOTE]

I'll explain it for you. They. Are. Gonna. Lose. Ha. Ha.

There is no difference between left and right. Ask Ted Stevens...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbRW5p-faI[/url]

Here is the "right" welcoming debate:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTkFU4MtubU[/url]
    Last edited by chesapeakejet; 10-14-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: In appropriate language and content

[QUOTE=sackdance;2803995]Shouting down and shouting out opposition is an infantile behavior almost exclusive to the left. Conservatives welcome debate.

In fact I'd like you to explain how the following is not true: the Republican primary had an array of candidates with very different platforms and ideas while the Democrats (with the possible exception of Kucinich, who was a treat to behold) had a panel of politicians with almost identical platforms that turned out to be a popularity/politicking contest.[/QUOTE]

Funny how you didn't feel the need to defend the comments I made about the Democrats. :rolleyes:

flushingjet
    [quote=adb280z;2803515]Nothing wrong with looking into your own weaknesses, it's how you can work to improve things you are not strong in. Ignoring your faults does nothing for you.[/quote]

people dont tell me that when I tell them Flushing and Belleville are much crappier today than in years past

gotta love libs always demanding to see, know and get admission of
    the faults of others
    (in no particular order here)

1) the religious
    2) GOPers
    3) whites of European ancestry
    4) the non-lib wealthy
    5) non-criminals

when you ask neo-commies about the faults of anyone not in the above categories (Anti-American Foreign Nations, Terrorists, Radical Islamists,
    etc) the blame is shifted to 1-5

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2804136]people dont tell me that when I tell them Flushing and Belleville are much crappier today than in years past

gotta love libs always demanding to see, know and get admission of
    the faults of others
    (in no particular order here)

1) the religious
    2) GOPers
    3) whites of European ancestry
    4) the non-lib wealthy
    5) non-criminals

when you ask neo-commies about the faults of anyone not in the above categories (Anti-American Foreign Nations, Terrorists, Radical Islamists,
    etc) the blame is shifted to 1-5[/QUOTE]

Listen to yourself. You are completely guilty of what you accuse these people of doing.

The sad part is that you can't see it.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2803995]Shouting down and shouting out opposition is an infantile behavior almost exclusive to the left. Conservatives welcome debate.

In fact I'd like you to explain how the following is not true: the Republican primary had an array of candidates with very different platforms and ideas while the Democrats (with the possible exception of Kucinich, who was a treat to behold) had a panel of politicians with almost identical platforms that turned out to be a popularity/politicking contest.[/QUOTE]

I don't consider George Bush social conservatives to be true conservatives.

[QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2804103]Funny how you didn't feel the need to defend the comments I made about the Democrats. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    I disagree with you there, too. I don't think they're stupid or simplistic, I think they're built by special interests groups that make it seem like their platform tries to be all things to all people. It's a dance their candidates must dance in order to grab PK's vote.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2804162]I disagree with you there, too. I don't think they're stupid or simplistic, I think they're built by special interests groups that make it seem like their platform tries to be all things to all people. It's a dance their candidates must dance in order to grab PK's vote.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they were stupid, I said they were too concerned with appealing to single issue idiots. So basically, we agree on the Democratic Party. :D

[QUOTE=CTM;2804161]I don't consider George Bush social conservatives to be true conservatives.[/QUOTE]

If I only had a dollar for every time I've said this on this board.

flushingjet
    [quote=Klecko73isGod;2804146]Listen to yourself. You are completely guilty of what you accuse these people of doing.

The sad part is that you can't see it.[/quote]

Nothing but the truth, Ruth, and the truth always hurts

This thread is just another attempt at fishing for "RINOs for Obama" and you took the bait

We have the previously reprimanded Barney Frank & Chris Dodd as culpable for anyone for recent economic blunders, and Congressmen like Jefferson caught with bags of cash, Speaker & House Leaders twiddling their thumbs while the markets stumble and no Dems have weaknesses, no one is asked to step down for their malfeasance and no one does. These boobs even tell you they dont know what to do to help you (besides raise taxes) and yet people lap it up like Pablum.

OK, so you're so deep in the tank for B. Dalton they'd have to pump air in you to get you out. If you're in the GOP and don't like it, & dont feel represented, leave it, what else can I tell you?
    Last edited by flushingjet; 10-14-2008 at 10:12 AM.

flushingjet
    [quote=Klecko73isGod;2804172]If I only had a dollar for every time I've said this on this board.[/quote]

And yet, you would both be wrong.

And no conservative would ever, ever, vote in a way that enables B. Altman.
    Last edited by flushingjet; 10-14-2008 at 10:11 AM.

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2804173]Nothing but the truth, Ruth, and the truth always hurts

This thread is just another attempt at fishing for "RINOs for Obama" and you took the bait

We have the previously reprimanded Barney Frank & Chris Dodd as culpable for anyone for recent economic blunders, and Congressmen like Jefferson caught with bags of cash, Speaker & House Leaders twiddling their thumbs while the markets stumble and no Dems have weaknesses, no one is asked to step down for their malfeasance and no one does. These boobs even tell you they dont know what to do to help you (besides raise taxes) and people lap it up like Pablum.

OK, so you're so deep in the tank for B. Dalton they'd have to pump air in you to get you out. If you're in the GOP and don't like it, & dont feel represented, leave it, what else can I tell you?[/QUOTE]

OK, this made no sense and didn't address my post at all but, ok. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2804174]And yet, you would both be wrong.

And no conservative would ever, ever, vote in a way that enables B. Altman.[/QUOTE]

B. Altman? Are you having a conversation with someone else?

flushingjet
    [quote=Klecko73isGod;2804178]OK, this made no sense and didn't address my post at all but, ok. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Another lazy dismissal :zzz:

Follows the lib-style JI double standard - its OK for you to be angry about the GOP / things you dont like / the hypothetical and imaginary, but not OK for GOPers to be mad at Democrats / real life lib abuses

Trading in anger, hatred, fear? Thats the audaciously hopeful lib playbook.
    B. Kliban: "And did I mention he's black?" Said it right down the street from you too.

Get yourself a new alarm clock, the date is stuck on 9/10/01.