Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question to those affiliated with a party

flushingjet
    [quote=Klecko73isGod;2804181]B. Altman? Are you having a conversation with someone else?[/quote]

B. Altman, B. Dalton, B. Hussein, they're all the same to me-bankrupt

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2804193]Another lazy dismissal :zzz:

Follows the lib-style JI double standard - its OK for you to be angry about the GOP / things you dont like / the hypothetical and imaginary, but not OK for GOPers to be mad at Democrats / real life lib abuses

Trading in anger, hatred, fear? Thats the audaciously hopeful lib playbook.
    B. Kliban: "And did I mention he's black?" Said it right down the street from you too.

Get yourself a new alarm clock, the date is stuck on 9/10/01.[/QUOTE]

You're not making any sense. In this thread I have ripped both parties.

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2804197]B. Altman, B. Dalton, B. Hussein, they're all the same to me-bankrupt[/QUOTE]

You're wrong.

Is it not a conservative trait to want competent leaders?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    With respect to both sides, neither of you are going to see the others point as legitimate.

Some folks believe there is no greater evil than a Democrat in Power. Hence, any action or vote is seen through that prism.

Some see the Republicans as failed, sell-out-non-conservatives more interested in power than conservative principles, and hence cannto support them.

These two positions will never see eye to eye.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2803431]as a republican sometimes i watch myself,naked in the mirror.and i realize something about myself....i'm a naked republican looking into a mirror.[/QUOTE]

which was the tell-tale sign? your "conservative" length? or the "trickle-down" at the tip?

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2803417]
    Only neurotics/self-haters run around focusing on their own/America's weaknesses[/QUOTE]

that's like saying only bad parents look at their kids report cards

democracy is rule by the people

it's not a despotism where blind worship is an asset

if we don't hold our government (or parties) accountable no one will

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2803431]as a republican sometimes i watch myself,naked in the mirror.and i realize something about myself....i'm a naked republican looking into a mirror.[/QUOTE]
    I admire the brutal honesty. 2foo is answering the tough questions before they are even asked.

[QUOTE=CTM;2804161]I don't consider George Bush social conservatives to be true conservatives.[/QUOTE]
    And Republican voters had a say in these matters in the primary.

Was there the slightest spark of conservatism in the Democratic Party primaries? No. They were in lock-step. And that's only a good thing for committed ideologues.

[QUOTE=AJGunns;2799363]Our conversations on a Jets message board in a subsection about politics will have absolutely no bearing on who our next president will be. You have chosen your affiliation for a reason and I have no questions about that. It seems that everyone has to defend their party's decisions as if admitting deficiency will strengthen the opposition.

My question is: [B]why can't we see the strengths of the opposition as well as the weaknesses of your chosen party?[/B]

I could no longer identify myself as a Republican, but I don't see myself as a Democrat, so I became unaffiliated. I agree and disagree with both sides.[/QUOTE]

Iím guessing if youíre a party member there is something you identify with the party that has a polar opposite philosophy that you despise in the opposing party.