Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question to those affiliated with a party

flushingjet
    [quote=Klecko73isGod;2804181]B. Altman? Are you having a conversation with someone else?[/quote]

B. Altman, B. Dalton, B. Hussein, they're all the same to me-bankrupt

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet;2804193]Another lazy dismissal :zzz:

Follows the lib-style JI double standard - its OK for you to be angry about the GOP / things you dont like / the hypothetical and imaginary, but not OK for GOPers to be mad at Democrats / real life lib abuses

Trading in anger, hatred, fear? Thats the audaciously hopeful lib playbook.
    B. Kliban: "And did I mention he's black?" Said it right down the street from you too.

Get yourself a new alarm clock, the date is stuck on 9/10/01.[/QUOTE]

You're not making any sense. In this thread I have ripped both parties.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet;2804197]B. Altman, B. Dalton, B. Hussein, they're all the same to me-bankrupt[/QUOTE]

You're wrong.

Is it not a conservative trait to want competent leaders?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    With respect to both sides, neither of you are going to see the others point as legitimate.

Some folks believe there is no greater evil than a Democrat in Power. Hence, any action or vote is seen through that prism.

Some see the Republicans as failed, sell-out-non-conservatives more interested in power than conservative principles, and hence cannto support them.

These two positions will never see eye to eye.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2803431]as a republican sometimes i watch myself,naked in the mirror.and i realize something about myself....i'm a naked republican looking into a mirror.[/QUOTE]

which was the tell-tale sign? your "conservative" length? or the "trickle-down" at the tip?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet;2803417]
    Only neurotics/self-haters run around focusing on their own/America's weaknesses[/QUOTE]

that's like saying only bad parents look at their kids report cards

democracy is rule by the people

it's not a despotism where blind worship is an asset

if we don't hold our government (or parties) accountable no one will

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2803431]as a republican sometimes i watch myself,naked in the mirror.and i realize something about myself....i'm a naked republican looking into a mirror.[/QUOTE]
    I admire the brutal honesty. 2foo is answering the tough questions before they are even asked.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2804161]I don't consider George Bush social conservatives to be true conservatives.[/QUOTE]
    And Republican voters had a say in these matters in the primary.

Was there the slightest spark of conservatism in the Democratic Party primaries? No. They were in lock-step. And that's only a good thing for committed ideologues.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AJGunns;2799363]Our conversations on a Jets message board in a subsection about politics will have absolutely no bearing on who our next president will be. You have chosen your affiliation for a reason and I have no questions about that. It seems that everyone has to defend their party's decisions as if admitting deficiency will strengthen the opposition.

My question is: [B]why can't we see the strengths of the opposition as well as the weaknesses of your chosen party?[/B]

I could no longer identify myself as a Republican, but I don't see myself as a Democrat, so I became unaffiliated. I agree and disagree with both sides.[/QUOTE]

Iím guessing if youíre a party member there is something you identify with the party that has a polar opposite philosophy that you despise in the opposing party.