Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ****New Jersey Devils Talk****

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

****New Jersey Devils Talk*****

What a play to end OT by Parise!!!!

Great effort by these guys...Fleury was a wall all night, but we kept fighting and stole one. That was a championship effort right there.

12 wins away for MB30!
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 10-11-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Devils but they have choked in the playoffs the past few seasons. Maybe they can actually beat the Rangers or Islanders this year

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a ridiculously nerve-wracking game for the second of the season. Up until the Elias "goal," I had my head bowed in shame at their inability to get it in the net. I mean, they were shutout around 11 times last year so it would have been a terrible omen to start out this way. It's still kind of pathetic that they put up nearly 40 shots and played 2 periods of dominating hockey but they couldn't score... they needed the other team to put it in for them.

Oh well, they won. And the OT goal was on a fantastic pass by Zajac. If he can rebound from a miserable season last year, this team will be in great shape. To me at least he was the biggest question mark going in.

So bring on the rags and lets really start this season out right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see this thread.

Sweet win last night. It took a little bit of luck, but I'll take it. What a great shot by Parise in OT. Always feels good to take the first couple games of the new season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few hours away from another important early season game for the Devs vs. NYR.

Can we get a lead to start the game for once?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    A few hours away from another important early season game for the Devs vs. NYR.

Can we get a lead to start the game for once?
    It would be great to get a win tonight so we don't have to wait until the 82nd game of the season to finally beat them again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ****, not this **** again. I guess it's going to be another season of getting dominated by the Rangers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    ****, not this **** again. I guess it's going to be another season of getting dominated by the Rangers.
    Rangers are better than last year. We are too, but probably a notch below. I listened on radio and it didn't seem that they were dominated, though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Rangers are better than last year. We are too, but probably a notch below. I listened on radio and it didn't seem that they were dominated, though.
    No, they weren't dominated. I meant dominated in the sense that we will probably not be able to beat them the entire season. Rangers are definitely the better team once again. I think we are improved as well, but like you said, still not as good as them.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 10-14-2008 at 12:28 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No, they weren't dominated. I meant dominated in the sense that we will probably not be able to beat them the entire season. Rangers are definitely the better team once again. I think we are improved as well, but like you said, still not as good as them.
    Lamorello had a pretty quiet off-season. Bringing back 2 familiar faces will help the O a bit, but not sure if it'll be enough. They left the team pretty much intact because they felt they underachieved. Hopefully Madden, Gionta and Elias can make ammends and play up to par. I think we might be asking too much of Zubrus, though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Lamorello had a pretty quiet off-season. Bringing back 2 familiar faces will help the O a bit, but not sure if it'll be enough. They left the team pretty much intact because they felt they underachieved. Hopefully Madden, Gionta and Elias can make ammends and play up to par. I think we might be asking too much of Zubrus, though.
    Agreed. I like him as a player, but not in the role he is currently in. I think Zajac is another key as well as Elias and Gionta. If they all can step it up this year, I think we will be in pretty good shape. I liked the Rolston signing, but the offense probably still doesn't have the fire power to go to the next level.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. I like him as a player, but not in the role he is currently in. I think Zajac is another key as well as Elias and Gionta. If they all can step it up this year, I think we will be in pretty good shape. I liked the Rolston signing, but the offense probably still doesn't have the fire power to go to the next level.
    I'm still optimistic. Got the 2 points at home against the NYI, that's kind of expected. But then play Pittsburgh, defending Eastern Conference champ, on their banner night/home opener and get the 2 points there. Tonight against the NYR, a top 4 East team from last year, in their house we came up short.

I'm ok with that so far in the sense that these were all division games and 2/3 against tough teams in their building. What's bothering me is the slow starts again. I said before the game I wanted a 1-0 lead, but this is 3 straight games we're playing come from behind. And for many years now, this team has shown they're a lot better with the lead than playing catch up, they're just not built for that
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 10-14-2008 at 01:18 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still optimistic. 3 games in, got the 2 points against the NYI. Then play Pittsburgh, defending Eastern Conference champ, in their banner night and home opener and get the 2 points there. Play the NYR, a top 4 Eastern team from last year in their house and come up short.

I'm ok with that so far in the sense that these were all division games and 2/3 against tough teams in their building. What's bothering me is the slow starts again. I said before the game I wanted a 1-0 lead, but this is 3 straight games we're playing come from behind. And for many years now, this team has shown they're a lot better with the lead than playing catch up, they're just not built for that
    Yea, I'm getting a little carried away. It is still a nice start. Another loss to the Rangers just worked me up a little bit. You're right though. They need to start coming out and scoring first. They aren't going to be successful if they make this a habit. Hopefully they bounce back Thursday down in Atlanta.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devs win 1-0!

Marty with career shutout #97 and Rolston scores his first goal back with the Devs!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devs win 1-0!

Marty with career shutout #97 and Rolston scores his first goal back with the Devs!

...11 wins away!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ovechkin and the Caps coming up on Saturday to close out this early 4-game road trip...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rolston's injury sucks, but at least we'll see what Vrana's got tonight.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rolston's injury sucks, but at least we'll see what Vrana's got tonight.
    Great call, JFL (just scored)!!!!!

lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devs win 4-3 in a SO. Marty only 10 wins away!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great call, JFL (just scored)!!!!!

lol
    LOL well done.