Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should some people not vote?

In response to Warfish:

I'm not saying they shouldn't vote, or be allowed to vote or that there is any soultion to this issue.....but the point of how deeply dumb and abjectly uninformed a wide swatch of our population is, is in my opinion an unquestionable fact.

---------------------------
    This argument seems the same we've heard, when blacks and women couldn't vote either. :zzz:

Turn the eye on yourself from time to time. :rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2803661]What, is everyone speaking in code?

Bushy, if you have something to say, stop being coy about it.[/QUOTE]
    no code. i have read enough of your posts to know you tend to throw your agenda out & then quickly back peddle when called on it..

after that.

right back to the agenda..

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;2803831]no code. i have read enough of your posts to know you tend to throw your agenda out & then quickly back peddle when called on it..

after that.

right back to the agenda..[/QUOTE]

Oh, is that right?

What's my agenda involving the troops?

All League
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2803835]Oh, is that right?

What's my agenda involving the troops?[/QUOTE]
    i'm sorry i thought you were puzzled by the "code??"

post what makes you happy but again, you will quickly respond to a call out (i no this 1st hand) feinting ignorance in short bursts & never truly respond to said call out..

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;2803864]i'm sorry i thought you were puzzled by the "code??"

post what makes you happy but again, you will quickly respond to a call out (i no this 1st hand) feinting ignorance in short bursts & never truly respond to said call out..[/QUOTE]

What are you even talking about? You know this firsthand? Who the hell are you?

And again, I still can't figure out Bushy's troop comment.

Easy.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2803886]What are you even talking about? You know this firsthand? Who the hell are you?

And again, I still can't figure out Bushy's troop comment.[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2803886]What are you even talking about? You know this firsthand? Who the hell are you?

And again, I still can't figure out Bushy's troop comment.[/QUOTE]
    i don't know you from adam..

but i called you out in a heated thread at least twice with no response.

a thread that you continued to wax poetically in by the way..

again post what makes you happy, but trust & believe not all buy your "what who me, i didn't mean it like that" nonsense.

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;2803924]i don't know you from adam..

but i called you out in a heated thread at least twice with no response.

a thread that you continued to wax poetically in by the way..

again post what makes you happy, but trust & believe not all buy your "what who me, i didn't mean it like that" nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about this thread or another one?

I'm really tired of this cryptic nonsense. If you want to call me an *******, just stop beating around the bush and call me an *******. Jeez.

All League
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2803940]Are you talking about this thread or another one?

I'm really tired of this cryptic nonsense. If you want to call me an *******, just stop beating around the bush and call me an *******. Jeez.[/QUOTE]
    dude i'm not doing that kind of legwork, plus this political forum is on thin ice anyway. no need to reflame.. but long story short, you had the nerve to post that rfk [B][SIZE="4"]started[/SIZE][/B] the civil rights movement. i flat out hit you with at least two "WTF'" type responses with no reply. not that stopped you from waxing in the same thread of course..

ps i don't think for a second you have an agenda with our troops..
    Last edited by jetgreen13; 10-14-2008 at 12:47 AM.

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;2803985]dude i'm not doing that kind of legwork, plus this political forum is on thin ice anyway. no need to reflame.. but long story short, you had the nerve to post that rfk [B][SIZE="4"]started[/SIZE][/B] the civil rights movement. i flat out hit you with at least two "WTF'" type responses with no reply. not that stopped you from waxing in the same thread of course..

ps i don't think for a second you have an agenda with our troops..[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh, I remember that thread, very clearly. Why didn't you just come out and say that? I didn't exactly say that he started it, I said he was instrumental in its developments or something like that. At which point another poster corrected me in that I meant JFK, which was obvious. I made a mistake, in my haste I confused one brother with another. Obviously it was a temporary mental lapse, as that's one of the most important eras in history.

I apologize profusely for committing such an egregious error against our own national history. My mistake.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 10-14-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2803940]Are you talking about this thread or another one?

I'm really tired of this cryptic nonsense. If you want to call me an *******, just stop beating around the bush and call me an *******. Jeez.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he wants to call you a ******** or a ********, but not a *******. Or maybe a ****-******, ****-*********** little *****.

Or I could be completely wrong. :D

[QUOTE=SCITSCAT;2803677]In response to Warfish:

[QUOTE]I'm not saying they shouldn't vote, or be allowed to vote or that there is any soultion to this issue.....but the point of how deeply dumb and abjectly uninformed a wide swatch of our population is, is in my opinion an unquestionable fact.[/QUOTE]

---------------------------
    This argument seems the same we've heard, when blacks and women couldn't vote either. :zzz:

Turn the eye on yourself from time to time. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Except I am not discriminating against ANY race, gener, creed or other limited group with the stated opinion in question.

Ignorance is, in my view, not an ethnic or gender issue.

But thanks for trying to paint me as a racist/sexist, when I have been more than clear that I think most people (of all stripes) are pretty damn ignorant these days. :rolleyes:

As for "turning the eye on myself", I do it all the time. For example, my arrogance is a well know trait, and it certainly is apparent in my above opinion.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=quantum;2804485]Sounds like he wants to call you a ******** or a ********, but not a *******. Or maybe a ****-******, ****-*********** little *****.

Or I could be completely wrong. :D[/QUOTE]

Or maybe Honey or Darling? One never knows what hides behind the ********** !!!!! :D

All League
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2804167]Ohhhh, I remember that thread, very clearly. Why didn't you just come out and say that? I didn't exactly say that he started it, I said he was instrumental in its developments or something like that. At which point another poster corrected me in that I meant JFK, which was obvious. I made a mistake, in my haste I confused one brother with another. Obviously it was a temporary mental lapse, as that's one of the most important eras in history.

[B]I apologize profusely for committing such an egregious error against our own national history. My mistake.[/B][/QUOTE]
    paulie, neither JFK or RFK started (or were even close to started it for that matter) the civil rights movement in our country..

my fellow [B]black men & woman[/B] did. people like Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, Rosa Parks, Dr King & dare i say Malcalm X :eek: to name a few..

i trust this was also another "mental lapse" on your part. at least i hope so..

All League
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2804511]Or maybe Honey or Darling? One never knows what hides behind the ********** !!!!! :D[/QUOTE]
    all man on this end..& you?? :D

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;2805056]paulie, neither JFK or RFK started (or were even close to started it for that matter) the civil rights movement in our country..

my fellow [B]black men & woman[/B] did. people like Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, Rosa Parks, Dr King & dare i say Malcalm X :eek: to name a few..

i trust this was also another "mental lapse" on your part. at least i hope so..[/QUOTE]

Of course, if it wasn't for brave trailblazers like those mentioned above then the civil rights movement would have never happened. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2804509]
    For example, my arrogance is a well know trait, and it certainly is apparent in my above opinion.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are arrogant, but I picture you looking like Charles Emerson Winchester from MASH.

[IMG]http://privat.ostprignitz.de/trogisch/mash3/hauptd/david6.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2805212]I don't think you are arrogant, but I picture you looking like Charles Emerson Winchester from MASH.

[IMG]http://privat.ostprignitz.de/trogisch/mash3/hauptd/david6.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Ironic, as I look more like Hacksaw Jim Dougan.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2805254]Ironic, as I look more like Hacksaw Jim Dougan.[/QUOTE]
    LOL!!

i do remember your sig back in the day.

looks can indeed be deceiving.

a lesson for us all.. :yes: