Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: McCain Campaign Advisory System

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417

    McCain Campaign Advisory System

    In the mold of the old Bush-era scare tactic which they used at every dip in the polls to get a 1-2% bump, aka the Homeland Security Advisory System:



    If I'm reading it right, we've been in orange and red for the last 8 weeks!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    In the mold of the old Bush-era scare tactic, the Homeland Security Advisory System:



    If I'm reading it right, we've been in orange and red for the last 8 weeks!
    While I tend to agree that the "color coding" system is BS, it's fair to note that AQ does have a track record of attacking close to elections (like it did in Spain) in an attempt to influence results, and also shortly after a new party takes office (like it did in Britain and, to a lesser degree, on 9/11), so any change in rating is probably just a reflection of that.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417
    Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    While I tend to agree that the "color coding" system is BS, it's fair to note that AQ does have a track record of attacking close to elections (like it did in Spain) in an attempt to influence results, and also shortly after a new party takes office (like it did in Britain and, to a lesser degree, on 9/11), so any change in rating is probably just a reflection of that.
    actually AQ wasn't behind 3/11 (Madrid) OR 7/7 (London)... they "inspired" an unaffiliated group who did 3/11 on their own, and there are no direct links to AQ on 7/7 either


    although I stand by my post about the convenient use of the color codes in the last election, just like beating on the war drum right before the 02 mid-terms, etc

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    actually AQ wasn't behind 3/11 (Madrid) OR 7/7 (London)... they "inspired" an unaffiliated group who did 3/11 on their own, and there are no direct links to AQ on 7/7 either


    although I stand by my post about the convenient use of the color codes in the last election, just like beating on the war drum right before the 02 mid-terms, etc
    Who cares if the threat is from "AQ" or an "inspired" unaffiliated group. The victims are just as dead.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    actually AQ wasn't behind 3/11 (Madrid) OR 7/7 (London)... they "inspired" an unaffiliated group who did 3/11 on their own, and there are no direct links to AQ on 7/7 either


    although I stand by my post about the convenient use of the color codes in the last election, just like beating on the war drum right before the 02 mid-terms, etc
    Yes, but the history is that you do see an increased risk of terrorism around election time.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417
    Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    Yes, but the history is that you do see an increased risk of terrorism around election time.
    We agree... I just feel it's conveniently, add in the West's history of the past 60+ years with false flag attacks to be blamed on political enemies and you have a recipe for skepticism

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    Who cares if the threat is from "AQ" or an "inspired" unaffiliated group. The victims are just as dead.
    yeah I know how you and your side doesn't care much for facts, but imho it's much better to have the truth out there for people to read and learn about... had I not corrected him, everyone who read this thread might erroneously think that AQ had something to do with those attacks... kinda like your boy Bush and his cronies with the BS Iraq 9/11 connection. And I'm for a well informed public so that they eventually wake up to what's going on around them

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    yeah I know how you and your side doesn't care much for facts, but imho it's much better to have the truth out there for people to read and learn about... had I not corrected him, everyone who read this thread might erroneously think that AQ had something to do with those attacks... kinda like your boy Bush and his cronies with the BS Iraq 9/11 connection. And I'm for a well informed public so that they eventually wake up to what's going on around them
    How is your ACORN research going?

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    How is your ACORN research going?
    interesting thus far... although it's not nearly as incriminating as you make it out to be

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us