Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Islander Talk

Islander Talk

Well what a debocle that game was last night, i just dont understand WHY DP is dressed but doesnt come in during the 2nd period, get a spark...

i guess just one of those games....

What is the status with DiPietro right now? I know he hasn't played, but have they said when he's going to see the ice again.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeJetson80 View Post
    Well what a debocle that game was last night, i just dont understand WHY DP is dressed but doesnt come in during the 2nd period, get a spark...

i guess just one of those games....
    Think he's only available in an emergency. I think it's smart not to rush his return, he's too important to your future.

I honestly dont know his status....i think its a conditioning issue, i just dont get why you dress him and if Mcdonald looks soooo unsteady in goal dont you put him DP in for atleast the third period? get him so live action, there is nothing better for a goalie then to acually face a few real shots from an opposing team.

Also if there was no intention of playing him if mcdonald craped the bed why not have another goalie dress, they needed a spark after that 2nd period that looked drained!

also did you see that nasty take down witt took? i hope he doesnt miss time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRbFq33jJr0

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    Think he's only available in an emergency. I think it's smart not to rush his return, he's too important to your future.
    all 15 years of it

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    all 15 years of it
    Don't be crazy....

He has 13 years left.

BTW, the Fish sticks tanking this year would be a stroke of genius if they land Tavares or Hedman. Especially since Hedman is supposed to revolutionize the D-man.
    Last edited by Bay Ridge Jet; 10-14-2008 at 04:10 PM.

All League
    Nono, only 13 years left! Letsee, thats only.... 1063 games left!

Gordon said in Newsday that it's not his belief to pull the goalie to get a spark in that situation. He basically said it was the rest of the team that also played like douche nozzles, so pulling the goalie and laying the blame on MacDowels (heheh) feet wasn't right for the whole teams poor performace.

What scares me is that - we're probably in for a bunch of games like yesterday this season.

And if DP ain't ready, then why bother dressing.

Snow blind, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Don't be crazy....

He has 13 years left.

BTW, the Fish sticks tanking this year would be a stroke of genius if they land Tavares or Hedman. Especially since Hedman is supposed to revolutionize the D-man.
    What do you know about Tavares? I heard different things about him, how does he rate with Stakmos.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by meatboy View Post
    What do you know about Tavares? I heard different things about him, how does he rate with Stakmos.
    He's better than Stamkos.

Tavares would've been the number one pick when he was 14. Toronto even tried to bend the rules to sign him early with their minor league affiliate and try to have leverage(trade him) over whatever franchise gets him.

As far as his play on the ice, I have never seen him play with my own eyes but his stats are ridiculous. He scored 72 goals in 67 games in 06-07 and 158 points in just 59 games last season.

As the years have gone by, some think Hedman is the safer pick but that is due to over analyzing a kid who has been the next great one since before Crosby. The only consistent doubts I have seen among any scout is that he sometimes dissappeared in his own zone. Other than that, hes a MONSTER on the PP and a great PKer. Off the charts Hockey IQ as well.

He won't be as exciting as a Crosby/Ovechkin but hes going to score/set up a ton of goals.

If the Islanders get a top two pick, they are set for years at either center or D (draft is super deep though)

Like I said in the other thread, they're not smart enough to do that.... they'll win just enough games to wind up with the next Scott Scissons.

All League
    Islanders on the Florida trip.... I hate these trips. Players get too distracted by the sun and hot chicks, and lose both games!\\

All League
    He's better than Stamkos.
    No way, this guy is more like Daigle than Daigle was. Stamkos is a fairly safe pick at 1, but I definately see Daigle every time I've seen this kid play.

And much like the Daigle draft, there's a premiere D-man nearly NHL ready right behind him (Pronger).

All League
    Welp, won in OT. Good start to the FLA trip!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHector View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, they're not smart enough to do that.... they'll win just enough games to wind up with the next Scott Scissons.
    unfortunately I have to agree- seems like they are going to be stuck in that 8th 9th 10th place spot in the conference either missing or just squeeking in and losing in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel7 View Post
    No way, this guy is more like Daigle than Daigle was. Stamkos is a fairly safe pick at 1, but I definately see Daigle every time I've seen this kid play.

And much like the Daigle draft, there's a premiere D-man nearly NHL ready right behind him (Pronger).
    What don't you like about him Steel? I heard he doesn't have great speed.

Hall Of Fame
    I think they are scoring on ten percent of power plays and giving up goals on twenty five percent of power plays. That will make for a long season.

All League
    It's still early, T, but the beating they took by Buffalo, and then the uninspired loss to the panthers, it doesn't look too promising right now.

What I don't get is that it's allegedly a "youth movement", yet they have a few guys on the team that are older than dirt. Go figure.

Maybe they need time to gel, like some people think the Jets still need with Favre around here!

All League
    Welp, let me get this straight..... Dallas came in to the mosoleum last night, playing it's third game in 4 nights. Isles haven't played in a few days. The Dallas offense hasn't scored many goals at all this season, and their goalie was allowing over 4 per game.

Now, the final score was Dallas 5, Isles 3??!! WTF? And, it was 5-1 after two periods?! Wow, that's pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Welp, let me get this straight..... Dallas came in to the mosoleum last night, playing it's third game in 4 nights. Isles haven't played in a few days. The Dallas offense hasn't scored many goals at all this season, and their goalie was allowing over 4 per game.

Now, the final score was Dallas 5, Isles 3??!! WTF? And, it was 5-1 after two periods?! Wow, that's pretty pathetic.
    this is the new look islanders man! haha....forecheck forecheck forecheck, Backcheck? whats that? put the puck on net? whats that mean?

Make Blind Stupid passes to empty areas of the ice? SURE!!!

Dough Weight...what a waste of a roster spot...

BUT ITS OK heres why....we have Garth Snow as out GM AND DP is signed for 57 more years! Oh yea almost forgot, they are trying to build a new Arena...to bad that dont have a marketable team to showcase...if they win 30 games this year ill be surprised.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeJetson80 View Post
    this is the new look islanders man! haha....forecheck forecheck forecheck, Backcheck? whats that? put the puck on net? whats that mean?

Make Blind Stupid passes to empty areas of the ice? SURE!!!

Dough Weight...what a waste of a roster spot...

BUT ITS OK heres why....we have Garth Snow as out GM AND DP is signed for 57 more years! Oh yea almost forgot, they are trying to build a new Arena...to bad that dont have a marketable team to showcase...if they win 30 games this year ill be surprised.
    Yeah, Doug Weight just doesn't fit with the "youth movement". And does your 30 game W mark include shootout W's?!

After the Milbury regime, I thought it would take abotu 5 years to get on track, now with the Snow regime, I think the Isles are just stuck in neutral.

Dont fear - I believe there's only.....1060 games left on DP's contract!