Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain ranked 894 out of 899 at Naval Academy???

Calling a black man a "boy" is just what I want to do when I want to show myself as someone who John McCain wouldn't take the microphone from.

ooo aren't we being pc. what word can one use when describing someone as inexperienced? green behind the ears? (he couldn't even get that one right. the real term is wet behind the years. but maybe the live birth abortions he has helped murder were green behind the ears and he had a flashback)

[QUOTE=Ciaran;2804939]Calling a black man a "boy" is just what I want to do when I want to show myself as someone who John McCain wouldn't take the microphone from.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    It may be that I'm still in school and others are not, but am I the only one who remembers who got the best grades?

It was rarely the most intelligent, for they were smart enough to do the least amount of work possible to get an ok grade.

No, it was the annoying, kiss ass, supposed know-it-all who got all the A's and cried and pouted whenever they got less than a (omgz!) 90 on a test. I still have to sit around them for a few hours every day and whenever they raise their hands to "add" something or, and this is the best, try to correct the teacher because they think they are far more informed, I want to strangle them.

Point being made, grades and class rank aren't everything. In fact, they aren't anything. If you were one of those kids who complained when a test got curved or spent their entire high school/college career studying on the weekends, I hope for your sake you got that stick removed. Back on topic, it is/has been widely known that McCain wasn't exactly the hardest worker in school. He messed around, got tons of demerits though I think he turned out alright. But yea, we should definitely start having requirements for running for President... like a degree from Harvard. That's a must. And editor of the law review; how anyone could not have that on their resume and expect to be elected I'll never know.

All League
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;2804863]you've got to be kidding. it's a fact that mccain didn't exactly have great grades at usna but he went to usna and that counts for a heck of a lot more than boy baracks affirmative action education at either columbia or havard. moreover, there is a very high mortality rate for military pilots of all kinds. it is not surprising that he crashed 7 jets, it's important that he was able to walk away.

i remember in 1992 when clinton had the veteran groups desert bush 41 and demeaned his crash landing during the war. does anyone actually know where he happened to crash land? well let me fill you in, he crash landed off an island called chuchi jima which was located just off of iwo jima. he happened to get picked up by a submarine. undoubtably, if he had stayed in the water much longer, he would have been taken prisoner on chuchi jima. well maybe that doesn't sound so bad. a war sort of winding down (at least the enemy was all but defeated) and maybe the captors wouldn't be so bad. well just the opposite is true. the general and other officers on the island thought that they could gain strength through eating the hearts and other organs of their prisoners. and they did. a number of american flyers were captured and executed and their hearts eaten by their captors. the whole story can be read in the book fl boys by james bradley.

anyway, the point is that unless you've really served in the armed forces, especially in combat, it's impossible to know what's what. these guys look very different to the outsiders. you can see how obama makes light of mccain's time in the hanoi hilton. mccain does too because he would rather laugh than cry about what happened to him there. obama has also criticised mccain for his divorce. again, mccain suffered greatly during the war. those guys just don't come back right. it takes time to work all that horror out. maybe his ex-wife didn't have the patience or understanding. these things happen and obama should thank his lucky stars that guys like mccain have served for centuries bailing asses like obama out all over the planet.

as for obama's scholastic record? nobody knows. he's not telling so it be very well that boy barack was also an anchorman. i'll tell you what. after hearing him speak in the last two debates it's plenty obvious to me that the guy is a dope. he is not only very ignorant of the facts but he can't even ariculate them very well.[/QUOTE]

Two questions for ya:

1) Should the legacy candidate be viewed differently than the Affirimative action candidate?

2) Are the majority of "POC" students at Ivies, Affirimative Action beneficiaries?

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2804816]And 28th out of 29 in submarine school.?Is this a guy who should be president? We just elected a C student as president and we're pretty much back in the depression. What can any of you see about this guy that is positive? He has run his campaign, and picked his vice president, like a guy who graduated at the bottom of his class.

And what is this about seven crashed planes?[/QUOTE]

Dude, that was 50 years ago. McCain served his country well, and frankly, his academic record in the naval academy has no relvency on being a president today. He's served in the Senate for the last 25 years. I'm a fairly liberal guy, but this is a stupid, stupid line to go down. People don't care, anyway.

I'd think a lot less of a person if he/she was undecided and then said, "Well, he was near the bottom of his class 50 years ago. I can't vote for him!"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I wonder how Barrack H. Obama would have done in the Naval Academy at that point in his life.

I wonder if he listed his race on his application at Occidental College, and what effect that had.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2805007]I wonder how Barrack H. Obama would have done in the Naval Academy at that point in his life.

I wonder if he listed his race on his application at Occidental College, and what effect that had.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he's a secret Muslim.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2804816]And 28th out of 29 in submarine school.?Is this a guy who should be president? We just elected a C student as president and we're pretty much back in the depression. What can any of you see about this guy that is positive? He has run his campaign, and picked his vice president, like a guy who graduated at the bottom of his class.

And what is this about seven crashed planes?[/QUOTE]

Ranking at military acadmies like West Point and Annapolis and officer-producing programs like ROTC means basically nothing. I graduated ROTC in college and was near the bottom of my class yet I ended up doing a hell of alot more and stayed in the military a whole lot longer than many of the cadets who graduated ahead of me. The ranking is based on how you do in some training exercises and can also be very political. Alot of crappy cadets can get ranked higher because they're part of the clique while good cadets get unnoticed because they just do their job and keep to themselves.

Getting on McCain for being ranked low in Annapolis is like getting on Marques Colston for being a 7th round pick. They guy obviously distinguished himself in service. That being said, I'm not voting for him because I think all the policies he endorses have been an abject failure. The only thing threads like this accomplish is give republicans something to manufacture outrage about.

I'm not voting for McCain but it has nothing to do with his ranking at Annapolis.

answer 1: if you are talking about a legacy versus an afirmative action then not. however, the election isn't about a legacy vs an afirmative. it's about one candidate who has a body of accomplishment, has served his country and nearly made the ultimate sacrifice versus the classic empty suit who is incapable (or at least handled) of being proud of his accomplishments (which means he probably doesn't have any) and has some serious subversive leanings. john mccain served to allow people like obama to be able to have their say without any threats of censure or imprisonment.

answer 2: at the risk of making a bad generalization i would say that affirmative action beneficiaries are people of different cultural backgrounds thanthe average american.

[QUOTE=TerryBadway;2804967]Two questions for ya:

1) Should the legacy candidate be viewed differently than the Affirimative action candidate?

2) Are the majority of "POC" students at Ivies, Affirimative Action beneficiaries?[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2804898]The guy was on the Harvard Law Review. You can't have sh*t grades and be on that.

[B]And what's with the whole "Obama is hiding something" routine?[/B]

[B]What is he hiding? What is he concealing?[/B][/QUOTE]

His hatred for America.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;2805061]answer 1: if you are talking about a legacy versus an afirmative action then not. however, the election isn't about a legacy vs an afirmative. it's about one candidate who has a body of accomplishment, has served his country and nearly made the ultimate sacrifice versus the classic empty suit who is incapable (or at least handled) of being proud of his accomplishments (which means he probably doesn't have any) and has some serious subversive leanings. john mccain served to allow people like obama to be able to have their say without any threats of censure or imprisonment.

answer 2: at the risk of making a bad generalization i would say that affirmative action beneficiaries are people of different cultural backgrounds thanthe average american.[/QUOTE]
    Please define the "average American."

And oh by the way, people who love this country capitalize the word "American." :P
    Last edited by Klecko73isGod; 10-14-2008 at 10:47 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Ciaran;2805022]I wonder if he's a secret Muslim.[/QUOTE]

Thats funny. I don't.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2804987]Dude, that was 50 years ago. McCain served his country well, and frankly, his academic record in the naval academy has no relvency on being a president today. He's served in the Senate for the last 25 years. I'm a fairly liberal guy, but this is a stupid, stupid line to go down. People don't care, anyway.

I'd think a lot less of a person if he/she was undecided and then said, "Well, he was near the bottom of his class 50 years ago. I can't vote for him!"[/QUOTE]

It's just part of the puzzle.

Ranked in the Bottom one percent of his class

Involved in multiple plane crashes

Cheated on his wife who was disfigured in a car accident and married a much younger woman.

Selected Sarah Palin as his running mate

Campaign is going broke.

No just the kid that beat you out at VT.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2805007]I wonder how Barrack H. Obama would have done in the Naval Academy at that point in his life.

I wonder if he listed his race on his application at Occidental College, and what effect that had.[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=cr726;2805193]No just the kid that beat you out at VT.[/QUOTE]

Alot of kids beat me out at VT. Not all of them deserved to.

If you think mocking me because some of them were less academicly deserving, thats your choice.

Veteran
    Timmy this thread is ludicrous at best. You are a black dude right? And of course you will vote and spin for Hussein right? Nuff said...;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=EtsFan;2805199]Timmy this thread is ludicrous at best. You are a black dude right? [/QUOTE]

I think we found number number 895.:D

Do you know anyone who has left off their race on an application?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2805195]Alot of kids beat me out at VT. Not all of them deserved to.

If you think mocking me because some of them were less academicly deserving, thats your choice.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2805203]I think we found number number 895.:D[/QUOTE]

Lame! You are a black dude and so you will put forth a silly thread blasting McCain to promote the black candidate. Will ANY black dude vote for McCain? Doubt it. Like women voting for Hillary. And I will gladly put my college grades against yours any day. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=EtsFan;2805218]Lame! You are a black dude and so you will put forth a silly thread blasting McCain to promote the black candidate. Will ANY black dude vote for McCain? Doubt it. Like women voting for Hillary. And I will gladly put my college grades against yours any day. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Community College?