Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick to my stomach....

All Pro

Sick to my stomach....

that the Phillies look to be unstoppable right now, i know the Rays are playing great, but the way the Phillies are winning games scares me, they have this never say die attitude and seem to be able to come back from any deficit

I might shoot myself if we see a BoSox/ Phillies series

Hall Of Fame
    You worry too much. The Phillies look unstoppable against a significantly weaker opponent than the Rays are playing.

The Rays will beat the Phils in 5 games.

All Pro
    Give Tampa Bay some credit....they are a young team that won their first playoff series, then lost the first game to mighty Boston at home....all they have done has come back to win three in a row, two of which were in Boston (and they DOMINATED THEM)

I think TB vs Phils would be exciting. Two young teams who are afraid of no one or nothing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    You worry too much. The Phillies look unstoppable against a significantly weaker opponent than the Rays are playing.

agreed

All Pro
    Tampa Bay would murderball them.

Jamie Moyer won't make it past the 2nd inning.

All Pro
    You can't write off the Sox because they've came back from this deficit before, but it looks like the Rays are advancing to the WS. From there, I think they should beat up on the Phils, even though they're playing good ball. Rays look nasty right now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    agreed
    I think Hamels can win two games. Maybe if the Phils start Hamels in game 1,4, and 7 with a few rainouts, they can make it a series, but it doesn't look good.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I think Hamels can win two games. Maybe if the Phils start Hamels in game 1,4, and 7 with a few rainouts, they can make it a series, but it doesn't look good.
    Rain outs? Is there a lot of rain in the forecast in the Philly area next week?

Banned
    The Phillies can play with the Rays. Boston is a banged up team right now with the current versions of Beckett and Ortiz so I can't go overboard if the Rays dismiss them in short fashion. I still will not count Boston out just yet though. Regardless, the Rays are a great story.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post

believe me i hope your right, but i remember hearing the Cardinals had no shot, the tigers were the best team in the league, played in the "tougher" league and breezed through the CLS while the NL was a battle....we all know how that ended up

as for the Rays, they look great, but i dont expect them to keep playin at this level. I mean Longoria has homered in every game, where as the phillies, are winning late and everytime its a different player stepping up

O and as for BoSox i hate them just a lil bit less then the phillies but they are done

IF it is a Rays-Phillies WS, and I stress the word if, it should be a great World Series. Both teams are playing great baseball right now. Unfortunately, it might just depend on who is less rusty after the long break each team could have.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    IF it is a Rays-Phillies WS, and I stress the word if, it should be a great World Series. Both teams are playing great baseball right now. Unfortunately, it might just depend on who is less rusty after the long break each team could have.
    sounds like you think one team is coming back from the hole they are in, which one is it?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    sounds like you think one team is coming back from the hole they are in, which one is it?
    Gotta be the Sox

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Gotta be the Sox
    well thats his only hope at this point

All League
    please let TB win the WS... I don't know what I'd do if the Phils won...

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    please let TB win the WS... I don't know what I'd do if the Phils won...
    Stay away from ESPN and sports talk radio for a good 3 days to a week? That's what I did in 2004 for at least a week. Actually it was more, because it was from game 7 until about a week after the WS ended.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Stay away from ESPN and sports talk radio for a good 3 days to a week? That's what I did in 2004 for at least a week. Actually it was more, because it was from game 7 until about a week after the WS ended.
    2004? I didn't watch anything sports related until Decemeber that year

Hall Of Fame
    I don't see why people care so much if Philly wins. I don't really care who wins when it's not the Mets, they're just another team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I don't see why people care so much if Philly wins. I don't really care who wins when it's not the Mets, they're just another team.
    to me the phillies arent another team, and to tell you the truth i like it that way