Thread: Julius Jones for Tory Holt?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Julius Jones for Tory Holt?

I would be giving up Holt and my team has spare receivers but not decent backup RBs with LT and Jones as my two starters, although I would only have to sit LT once with his bye I guess I could play the matchups with TJ and JJ. It does suck to basically give up on Holt but he has been a mess so far this season and I already have Colston, S. Moss, L. Moore, R. Williams and Bruce - we start 3 WR and can use one for a flex.

I am leaning towards this, anyone have any opinions?? This team is 3-3 and could use some stability.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    I would be giving up Holt and my team has spare receivers but not decent backup RBs with LT and Jones as my two starters, although I would only have to sit LT once with his bye I guess I could play the matchups with TJ and JJ. It does suck to basically give up on Holt but he has been a mess so far this season and I already have Colston, S. Moss, L. Moore, R. Williams and Bruce - we start 3 WR and can use one for a flex.

I am leaning towards this, anyone have any opinions?? This team is 3-3 and could use some stability.
    I suppose if your team has surplus wr's and needs depth at RB you should do the trade. Holt has been terrible so far this year but I think he's going to bounce back once Drew Bennett comes back and teams no longer double-team him as much.

Jones has been decent but he has some tough match-ups coming up (Bucs, Eagles, Fins, Cards, Skins, Boys, Pats). And Hasselbeck is still injured so the air-attack in Seattle is going to be non-existent. I wouldn't do the deal myself but if you really need depth at RB and alot of receivers I guess you should do it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too late the guy pulled the offer this morning and wound up packaging

Forte, Jones, Driver for Reggie Wayne and Lendale White

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too late the guy pulled the offer this morning and wound up packaging

Forte, Jones, Driver for Reggie Wayne and Lendale White
    Sounds like your friend got a steal. Wayne is a top 3 WR and Lendale White is a touchdown machine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Sounds like your friend got a steal. Wayne is a top 3 WR and Lendale White is a touchdown machine.
    Of course he did he's a Jets fan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worked out a trade with the same guy this morning

I gave up Holt for Lendale White and Reggie Brown. Holt has been a dissapointment and had only one good game where he got a fluke TD catch, Reggies numbers are quite similar.

I think I got a nice deal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question on Lendale. Will he continue to do well. It looks like TN is starting to lean more and more on Chris Johnson. I have Lendale and am contemplating trading him away. Thoughts?

RealJetFan

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJetFan View Post
    Question on Lendale. Will he continue to do well. It looks like TN is starting to lean more and more on Chris Johnson. I have Lendale and am contemplating trading him away. Thoughts?

RealJetFan
    I think he will be fine, TN is run first and while Chris is a good back to get yards Lendale is the bruiser for short yardage and goal line plays. I just think this team is too heavy on the run for White and johnson to not be good fantasy players.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

RealJetFan
    Here's my take on it as a fellow White owner: The last two games Tenn has played the two best run defenses in the NFL Minnesota and Baltimore. White is the back the Titans use to run between the tackles while Johnson is used for running outside and screens.

When you're trying to run on Pat Williams and Haloti Ngata - maybe the two finest run stuffers in the league - your not going to have any success pounding it up the middle with a power runner like White. I saw the touchdown Chris Johnson had against the Vikes and he ran to the outside.

I expect White to get back on track and get back to his old touchdown-a- week self against a horrible Chiefs run defense this week. White should be good for about 50 yards and a touchdown every week. Nothing like a Herm Edwards-coached defense to get your fantasy running back on track.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Here's my take on it as a fellow White owner: The last two games Tenn has played the two best run defenses in the NFL Minnesota and Baltimore. White is the back the Titans use to run between the tackles while Johnson is used for running outside and screens.

When you're trying to run on Pat Williams and Haloti Ngata - maybe the two finest run stuffers in the league - your not going to have any success pounding it up the middle with a power runner like White. I saw the touchdown Chris Johnson had against the Vikes and he ran to the outside.

I expect White to get back on track and get back to his old touchdown-a- week self against a horrible Chiefs run defense this week. White should be good for about 50 yards and a touchdown every week. Nothing like a Herm Edwards-coached defense to get your fantasy running back on track.
    That was my thinking as well. I saw the C. Johnson TD run and you are right, he went to the outside on it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wearing rose colored glasses for my fantasy player. Good to see that others are thinking the same. Thanks for responding.

RealJetFan

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he will be fine, TN is run first and while Chris is a good back to get yards Lendale is the bruiser for short yardage and goal line plays. I just think this team is too heavy on the run for White and johnson to not be good fantasy players.
    Yes, I agree that they are really run heavy, but i think the split is getting heavier toward C. Johnson. If Lendale continues to get goalline TDs, then i'm cool with that. I think he will, but just want to make sure that he's not losing those touches. Thanks for responding.

RealJetFan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I agree that they are really run heavy, but i think the split is getting heavier toward C. Johnson. If Lendale continues to get goalline TDs, then i'm cool with that. I think he will, but just want to make sure that he's not losing those touches. Thanks for responding.

RealJetFan
    Guess keeping Lendale worked out? I had him and Chris Johnson this past Sunday and they both went gangbusters for me.