Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 160 of 160

Thread: Official Debate Thread

  1. #141
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I can't get over how bad the timing is with these two men.

    McCain is 8 years too late and Obama is a good 8 years too early.
    Well put..

  2. #142
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Cnn panel's pretty much confirming what the majority of us were saying, McCain was up early but the way he just lost his composure numerous times made him look bad...

  3. #143
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Cnn panel's pretty much confirming what the majority of us were saying, McCain was up early but the way he just lost his composure numerous times made him look bad...
    Brit Hume said Joe the Plumber was the winner tonight, with at least 15 mentions by his count.

  4. #144
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I can't get over how bad the timing is with these two men.

    McCain is 8 years too late and Obama is a good 8 years too early.
    Ha ha, nailed it Paulie.

  5. #145
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,604
    "It's over, Johnny! It's over."

  6. #146
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Brit Hume said Joe the Plumber was the winner tonight, with at least 15 mentions by his count.
    Yeah, we're going to be talking about Joe the Plumber 20 years from now.

    IMO that guy needs to go and do Subway ads now or something, I don't think he needs to worry about money anymore.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Jesus Christ, put your liberal pon poms down

    You've spent more time tonight talking about McCain's tie not being tied properly, then actually paying attention to what is being said.
    I didn't mention his tie at all.

    I was commenting on what he said, repeatedly.

  8. #148
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Yeah, we're going to be talking about Joe the Plumber 20 years from now.

    IMO that guy needs to go and do Subway ads now or something, I don't think he needs to worry about money anymore.
    $20 says Sears gives hin a call

  9. #149
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    Was Joe the Plumber the plumber the in news who went up to Obama and said he'd pay less money in taxes with McCain as President?

  10. #150
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y View Post
    Was Joe the Plumber the plumber the in news who went up to Obama and said he'd pay less money in taxes with McCain as President?
    Yes

  11. #151
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y View Post
    Was Joe the Plumber the plumber the in news who went up to Obama and said he'd pay less money in taxes with McCain as President?
    yes, there is a youtube of it somewhere in the forum

  12. #152
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417
    CBS Focus group likes McCain

    4 out of 23 in Luntz's focus group on Fox are switching to Obama now, none to McCain

    http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/




    watching CNN, their focus group in Ohio went for Obama winning the debate. 3 switched to Obama, none to McCain


    no polls yet

  13. #153
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    yes, there is a youtube of it somewhere in the forum
    PLANT!

  14. #154
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y View Post
    PLANT!
    Dammit, I knew he did landscape too!!

  15. #155
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417
    CBS's poll is in and Obama won... and won BIG



    CBS poll of undecided voters:

    Who won the debate?

    McCain (R) 22
    Obama (D) 53


    http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20.../47/727/631849





    CNN's polling (taken by people who watched debate only, breakdown of 40% D, 30% GOP, 30% Indy... instead of 37%, 27% and 36% like the nation as a whole)

    Who won?
    Obama 58
    McCain 31


    Obama Favorables
    63 to 33 pre
    66 to 33 post

    McCain favorables:
    51 to 49 pre
    49 to 49 post




    MediaCurve's large size focus group has it for Obama as well:

    Last edited by King Ryan; 10-16-2008 at 12:21 AM.

  16. #156
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Don't you think "Joe's vote" is emblematic of many Americans?
    No. I really don't think so.

    Nobody gives a rats ass what this plumber thinks...but all of a sudden this douche Joe comes along and everyone is like "Oh...we just gotta help Joe. Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe."

    You know what? **** Joe.

    PK the Plumber says John McCain IS Bush. So it's true. Plumbers represent what the facts are. We are oracles of truth. Bask in our glory!

  17. #157
    Joe is an untalented whore of a plumber and his ratings are in the toilet.

    not to mention his job is in the toilet...

  18. #158
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Kids are more lazy, but that's on the parents, no? I mean kids aren't born lazy

    Should be noted, I was born lazy...
    The problem may be that kids see parents making bad decisions with little or no consequences, and even the government bailing them out. "Dad works odds and ends as a contractor and is kinda lazy but he just bought a nice truck and I got an XBox for my birthday. He just uses this magical silver rectangular card that pays for everything."

  19. #159
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    No. I really don't think so.

    Nobody gives a rats ass what this plumber thinks...but all of a sudden this douche Joe comes along and everyone is like "Oh...we just gotta help Joe. Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe."

    You know what? **** Joe.

    PK the Plumber says John McCain IS Bush. So it's true. Plumbers represent what the facts are. We are oracles of truth. Bask in our glory!
    LOL.

    PlumberJoe > PlumberKahn


  20. #160
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The problem may be that kids see parents making bad decisions with little or no consequences, and even the government bailing them out. "Dad works odds and ends as a contractor and is kinda lazy but he just bought a nice truck and I got an XBox for my birthday. He just uses this magical silver rectangular card that pays for everything."
    You nailed it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us