• Draw, Goes to McCain

1 1.59%
  • McCain by a Little

2 3.17%
  • McCain Won

7 11.11%
  • McCain Killed It

3 4.76%
  • McCain started off strong, but faded and Obama started poorly but ended strongly

4 6.35%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Final Presidential Debate Results Thread / Poll

Hall Of Fame

The OFFICIAL Final Presidential Debate Results Thread / Poll

Poll coming

You going to give us a few more of those great "scientific" polls that sample 80% Dems/20% Repubs, then call it unbiased and scientific.;)

Save your CNN and Washington Post Polls. I'll wait for a legitimate polling groups results.

Oh, wait, no I won't. Obama has this election in the bag, the post-debate yap is meaningless theatre.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    I voted draw. McCain won soundly on the economy but was dreadful with the Ayers stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2806621]You going to give us a few more of those great "scientific" polls that sample 80% Dems/20% Repubs, then call it unbiased and scientific.;)

Save your CNN and Washington Post Polls. I'll wait for a legitimate polling groups results.

Oh, wait, no I won't. Obama has this election in the bag, the post-debate yap is meaningless theatre.[/QUOTE]

LOL... yeah, CNN's poll is finished, they are crunching (massaging? :D) the numbers now

I can't believe McCain actually claimed that the health of the mother is made up by the liberals!!! WOW that took some balls!!!

Draw. No one won.

America loses.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=CTM;2806624]I voted draw. McCain won soundly on the economy but was dreadful with the Ayers stuff.[/QUOTE]

for sure his strongest debate of the campaign, including the primaries

had some very good points and lines, but too many errors in style and occasionally substance

Hall Of Fame
    CBS's poll is in and Obama won... and won [b]BIG[/b]

CBS poll of undecided voters:

Who won the debate?

McCain (R) 22
    Obama (D) 53

[url]http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/15/224811/47/727/631849[/url]

CBS Focus group likes McCain

4 out of 23 in Luntz's focus group on Fox are switching to Obama now, none to McCain

[url]http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/[/url]

watching CNN, their focus group in Ohio went for Obama winning the debate. 3 switched to Obama, none to McCain

CNN's polling (taken by people who watched debate only, breakdown of 40% D, 30% GOP, 30% Indy... instead of 37%, 27% and 36% like the nation as a whole)

[B]Who won?
    Obama 58
    McCain 31
    [/B]

Obama Favorables
    63 to 33 pre
    66 to 33 post

McCain favorables:
    51 to 49 pre
    49 to 49 post
    Last edited by King Ryan; 10-15-2008 at 11:18 PM.

[QUOTE=CTM;2806624]I voted draw. McCain won soundly on the economy but was dreadful with the Ayers stuff.[/QUOTE]

For the record, McCain won on the economy, foreign relations not involving Iraq, and killed on abortion. His line about not throwing money at the education problem was great, too.

But he was just too inconsistent.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2806639]For the record, McCain won on the economy, foreign relations not involving Iraq, and killed on abortion. His line about not throwing money at the education problem was great, too.

But he was just too inconsistent.[/QUOTE]

I will give you everything else.... but McCain did not win abortion!!! He said the health of the mother was a liberal lie? Yeah the saftey and life of the mother should always be up for debate...

I thought it was a big muddle, mostly, and that benefits the guy in the lead.

McCain was much better than he was in the second debate, when he was trounced. Obama wasn't quite as good as he was that night; he was a bit flat early but did seem to get stronger.

McCain got off to a decent start, but he fell off the rails when he started whining about Obama's negative ads, John Lewis, and then the total misplay of the Ayers/Acorn duo. He was so angry, and it showed.

Obama started off flat but found his footing while McCain was off on his rage bender. His cool showed, and he finished the debate with some very good, nuanced answers on abortion and education.

There was, on the whole, a sense of caution to Obama's performance, a little four corners or prevent defense from the late-game leader. At the same time, during the Ayers bit, McCain looked like the frantic, desperate trailer.

I don't think those roles will be changing based on what we saw tonight.

Jets Insider VIP
    McCain?!

Obama?!

Who the hell are these people? I thought the race was between Joe the Plumber and Bill Ayers...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2806639]For the record, McCain won on the economy, foreign relations not involving Iraq, and killed on abortion. His line about not throwing money at the education problem was great, too.

[QUOTE=JMUJet;2806647]I will give you everything else.... but McCain did not win abortion!!! He said the health of the mother was a liberal lie? Yeah the saftey and life of the mother should always be up for debate...[/QUOTE]

I thought McCain flopped on the abortion questions as well, with the confusing Supreme Court appointees response and the health of the mother issue like JMUJet pointed out... but maybe it was all the cognac I've been drinking which made those answers bad and not make sense! :D

in the end it's a near trivial 'wedge' issue considering the real issues that impact everyone, i.e. the economy, the environment, energy, education, the wars, etc
    Last edited by King Ryan; 10-15-2008 at 11:10 PM.

[QUOTE=JMUJet;2806647]I will give you everything else.... but McCain did not win abortion!!! He said the health of the mother was a liberal lie? Yeah the saftey and life of the mother should always be up for debate...[/QUOTE]

He meant Obama's statement, involving the health of the mother, was a lie. Obama's historical stance on abortion, especially late-term abortion, is spotty at best, downright scary at worst.

Jets Insider VIP
    lol @ McCain saying he wouldn't appoint a pro-life judge. The right is getting their pitchforks and torches ready...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2806659]lol @ McCain saying he wouldn't appoint a pro-life judge. The right is getting their pitchforks and torches ready...[/QUOTE]

is that what you got from that? I got more of a jumbled, evasive, non-answer filibuster from that... but again, it could be the cognac :D

someone else chime in as well please

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2806659]lol @ McCain saying he wouldn't appoint a pro-life judge. The right is getting their pitchforks and torches ready...[/QUOTE]

McCain's answer on abortion is spot-on, IMO. His biggest issue with Roe v. Wade is the nature of the ruling, i.e. taking power away from the states and putting it on the federal government. Of course he doesn't want to outlaw abortion, that would be nonsensical.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2806655]He meant Obama's statement, involving the health of the mother, was a lie. Obama's historical stance on abortion, especially late-term abortion, is spotty at best, downright scary at worst.[/QUOTE]

He made an overall statement about the life of the mother is not as important as the life of the unborn child. He said it was a liberal talking point. That is dispicable in my mind!! And Obama, clearly stated his stance on the late term abortion tonight..... was he lying? Well maybe.... but the org. will let us know in the next day or 2 but I highly doubt he was....

[QUOTE=JMUJet;2806667]He made an overall statement about the life of the mother is not as important as the life of the unborn child. He said it was a liberal talking point. That is dispicable in my mind!! And Obama, clearly stated his stance on the late term abortion tonight..... [B]was he lying? Well maybe.... but the org. will let us know in the next day or 2 but I highly doubt he was....[/B][/QUOTE]

Which "org." is that? The hard-hitting, truthful, unbiased press?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication

Your record maybe, not mine.. ;)

There wasn't much on foreign relations so it's moot. I don't agree with you on him winning abortion, frankly he lied and argued around technicalities. Think he lost there.

Agreed about education line, but imo neither addressed the real issue and later on McCain mentioned more funding for head start, so he contradicted himself.