• Draw, Goes to McCain

1 1.59%
  • McCain by a Little

2 3.17%
  • McCain Won

7 11.11%
  • McCain Killed It

3 4.76%
  • McCain started off strong, but faded and Obama started poorly but ended strongly

4 6.35%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Final Presidential Debate Results Thread / Poll

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2806709]This last part to me says that he thinks someone who supports Roe V. Wade, a federal allowance of abortion, would be qualified. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I read it.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's how I read it, and that's what PK is saying will get everyone into a tizzy...

and now reading what he said, it's much more clearer... clearer that it was the cognac that had me confused! lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2806714]elitist AND the best! :D[/QUOTE]

Oh, hell yeah.

Allagash, from Maine, incredible Belgian-style ale. Costs like $10 for a six pack -- and you only get 4!

I am a beer elitist. Also a wine elistist. But I'm a liquor populist.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2806715]I agree except all coffee sucks if you ask me[/QUOTE]

Until you've snorted a line of medaglia d'oro you haven't lived.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    New breakdown from the CNN insta-poll:

Who did the best job in the debate?

Independents

McCain (R) 31
    Obama (D) 57

Republicans

McCain (R) 68
    Obama (D) 18

Democrats

McCain (R) 5
    Obama (D) 88

Heavy Dem support for Obama, and Obama nearly did as well with Indies as McCain did with the GOP! that's nuts

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2806717]Really? I think it's pretty clear he meant that anyone who supports Roe v. Wade would not be qualified.[/QUOTE]

Damn! Forgot the "not"

Yes I agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2806709]This last part to me says that he thinks someone who supports Roe V. Wade, a federal allowance of abortion, would [I]not [/I]be qualified. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I read it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=parafly;2806717]Really? I think it's pretty clear he meant that anyone who supports Roe v. Wade would not be qualified.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CTM;2806729]Damn! Forgot the "not"

Yes I agree.[/QUOTE]

"McCain: I would consider anyone in their qualifications. I do not believe that someone who has supported Roe v. Wade that would be part of those qualifications. But I certainly would not impose any litmus test."

really? he isn't saying that whether or not someone supported Roe v. Wade would [i]not[/i] be part of those qualifications to be considered?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there's a real risk that if McCain were to win the election a lot of women would run out and have abortions. Just to get one in before the ban.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2806723]Oh, hell yeah.

Allagash, from Maine, incredible Belgian-style ale. Costs like $10 for a six pack -- and you only get 4!

I am a beer elitist. Also a wine elistist. But I'm a liquor populist.[/QUOTE]

You ever try DogFish Head, nuu...it's an India Pale Ale...good stuff. 10 bucks a 4 pack of their 90 minute IPA...but a whopping 15% alc/vol. Allagash is some great stuff too....

PS...sorry for derailing debate thread into beer thread. I'll stop now, we have a forum for this don't we? I never make it that far, though...I get distracted by Fishooked's animated gif boobie thread....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    btw Schieffer (sp?) was by far the best moderator :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2806746]You ever try DogFish Head, nuu...it's an India Pale Ale...good stuff. 10 bucks a 4 pack of their 90 minute IPA...but a whopping 15% alc/vol. Allagash is some great stuff too....

PS...sorry for derailing debate thread into beer thread. I'll stop now, we have a forum for this don't we? I never make it that far, though...I get distracted by Fishooked's animated gif boobie thread....[/QUOTE]

Dogfish is great. Big, huge beers with loads of alcohol. Kinda experimental.

My beer tastes run a little lighter. I love Allagash White, Shiner Bock, and a few others. And I'll throw back a Miller Lite or Bud Light every now and then after a softball game, because those are thirst quenchers more than beers.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2806737]"McCain: I would consider anyone in their qualifications. I do not believe that someone who has supported Roe v. Wade that would be part of those qualifications. But I certainly would not impose any litmus test."

really? he isn't saying that whether or not someone supported Roe v. Wade would [i]not[/i] be part of those qualifications to be considered?[/QUOTE]

The way I interpreted it, and I believe it was purposely garbled.

1) He believes abortion is a state issue not for the federal government (or supreme court to decide)
    2) He wouldn't nominate someone based on the results of a pro/anti abortion litmus test. In other words, he's not going to seek out and only nominate anti abortion judges.
    3) He will however eliminate judges from consideration based on qualifications.
    4) He doesn't believe judges who support Roe V. Wade are qualified, because they are overstepping their constitutional bounds on what should be a state issue

So, in effect, he wouldn't support or nominate a pro Roe V. Wade judge, not because of their stance on abortion, but because of their stance on fed vs. states rights in regards to the decision.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you guys drink anything from Stone Brewery?

An Arrogant Bastard has been known to kick my ass if I drink it too fast, lol

[url]http://www.stonebrew.com/arrogantbastard/index.php[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the negativity also hurt McCain as he came off poorly for most of the debate

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2806748]btw Schieffer (sp?) was by far the best moderator :yes:[/QUOTE]

What about Gwen? Are you racist?

:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    some good news for McCain? Politico/InsiderAdvantage nationwide poll had it just barely for Obama, 49 to 46

[url]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14618.html[/url]

some bad news? on InTrade, he's lost 10% since the end of the debate 3 hours ago

[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/14444zs.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by King Ryan; 10-16-2008 at 01:51 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2806769]the negativity also hurt McCain as he came off poorly for most of the debate[/QUOTE]

Speaking of negativity, how about the images in you sig? It's always easy to make the other guy look silly in photos. How about stickin to the issues?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a rep, and its been fustrating as hell watching McCain. The debates especially.

He looks, and acts desperate. He has some great viewpoints IMO, but never conveys it well. Most of the time watching the debates Im screaming "Why isnt he bringing up somthing" (Ex Dem's history of taxing), Why is coming off so weird?, and how is he again finding away to sound so poorly.

This election is a joke---For me Mccain lost the election more then Obama won. Its so fustrating knowing the guy you would like to win basically just can't get his views, and his oppenents weakness out clearly. Isnt that(public speaking, debate) a pre-requisite for running for office? I dont follow politics anywhere near you guys, but I am so dissapointed about how this campaign has been run for republicans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    McCain lost the election because he is an old man. If he was 8 years younger, it might be a different story.

BTW...where were all these McCain supporters in 2000. You dumbasses let George Bush defeat someone who is as great as you say McCain is? Thanks alot...really...thanks alot...:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could we please just get this election over with. 6 cups of coffee all day long and it still put me to sleep.

You know how Natalie Cole did that duet with her dead father. Well McCain could have done a "God Bless America" duet with Ethel Merman and [B]nobody[/B]would have noticed.

We all lost.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why did Katie cut off the interview with Joe.