Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Proud of America

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Proud of America

Barrack Obama is going to be the next president of the United States. I don't know that he's the best man for the job. I have a lot of reservations about him. But the fact that a man that a majority of American's view as "a black man" is about to become president at the very least speaks something about the advancement of this country to look beyond racial lines in choosing a leader.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 10-16-2008 at 02:47 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2806835]Barrack Obama is going to be the next president of the United States. I don't know that he's the best man for the job. I have a lot of reservations about him. But the fact that a man that a majority of American's view as "a black man" is about to become president at the very least speaks something about the advancement of this country to look beyond racial lines in choosing a leader.[/QUOTE]

Mrs. Obama? That you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    America has finally decided to take a more cerebral approach to managing the nation along with our allies and enemies.

Therein lies the real difference. The tree chugger approach just like PNAC has been abruptly derailed by intelligence

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    until he's sworn in, don't count your chickens before they hatch!

these are the same GOPers who stole the last TWO elections, you think they're going to just lie down and die? GOP computer data security experts are even admitting that about 2004 and that they are hearing McCain will win in a surprising last minute come back by 3 electoral votes and garnering 51.2% of the vote (look up Stephen Spoonamore and his thoughts on the 2004 Ohio election and the coming 2008 election if you don't believe me)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2806913]until he's sworn in, don't count your chickens before they hatch!

these are the same GOPers who stole the last TWO elections, you think they're going to just lie down and die? GOP computer data security experts are even admitting that about 2004 and that they are hearing McCain will win in a surprising last minute come back by 3 electoral votes and garnering 51.2% of the vote (look up Stephen Spoonamore and his thoughts on the 2004 Ohio election and the coming 2008 election if you don't believe me)[/QUOTE]

Conspiracists premature ejaculation thread.

Are you becoming the next "Press_Coverage"?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2806913]until he's sworn in, don't count your chickens before they hatch!

these are the same GOPers who stole the last TWO elections, you think they're going to just lie down and die? GOP computer data security experts are even admitting that about 2004 and that they are hearing McCain will win in a surprising last minute come back by 3 electoral votes and garnering 51.2% of the vote (look up Stephen Spoonamore and his thoughts on the 2004 Ohio election and the coming 2008 election if you don't believe me)[/QUOTE]

Its easy to steal a 1% race, not so easy to steal a 5-10% race.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm proud of ACORN.

800,000 strong and replicating itself on our tax dollars.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2806835]A politician of a different color has managed to pull the wool over the eyes of the American public. Woohoo![/QUOTE]

fixed. :(

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2806931]I'm proud of ACORN.

800,000 strong and replicating itself on our tax dollars.[/QUOTE]

Having worked campaigns with a few people from ACORN over the years, the idea that they are involved in any sort of wide-spread and organized anything is so absurd that I have no words for it. John McCain's comments on them last night were embarrassing.

You really should get out there, even in local politics, and do something for either side -- you wouldn't fall for all these nonsense stories so easily.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2806835]Barrack Obama is going to be the next president of the United States. I don't know that he's the best man for the job. I have a lot of reservations about him. But the fact that a man that a majority of American's view as "a black man" is about to become president at the very least speaks something about the advancement of this country to look beyond racial lines in choosing a leader.[/QUOTE]

You don't know if he's the best man for the job, and in fact you have a lot of reservations about him, but you're proud for America nevertheless. So obviously you support him based on race alone. Congratulations.

Give me a ****ing break.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2806959]Having worked campaigns with a few people from ACORN over the years, the idea that they are involved in any sort of wide-spread and organized anything is so absurd that I have no words for it. [/QUOTE]

Your post has been voted Most Fact-free Post of the Day. You will be provided a URL where you can claim your prize. :applause:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2806960]You don't know if he's the best man for the job, and in fact you have a lot of reservations about him, but you're proud for America nevertheless. So obviously you support him based on race alone. Congratulations.

Give me a ****ing break.[/QUOTE]

America likes to pat itself on the back for having the power to reinvent itself at key times in its history and to find the right leaders for the right time -- even if they seem unlikely. I think most of us feel that we are at another cross-roads in our history. Now, do you think that the man for the job ahead is another, unimaginative, conservative white man who is 72 years old and a dim-bulb from nowhere or a young guy with incredible intellect and an old vet known to be creative if a little undisciplined? Seriously.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2806960]You don't know if he's the best man for the job, and in fact you have a lot of reservations about him, but you're proud for America nevertheless. So obviously you support him based on race alone. Congratulations.

Give me a ****ing break.[/QUOTE]

Considering where we were only 50 years ago, I'd say yea. Kudos to America for electing a black dude.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;2806965]Your post has been voted Most Fact-free Post of the Day. You will be provided a URL where you can claim your prize. :applause:[/QUOTE]

You never heard of ACORN before last week right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont take anything for granted

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2806979]dont take anything for granted[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm sending small-dollar contributions out to key Senate & Congressional races around the country, Gotta get that Lieberman-proof majority (although I'm still hoping he dies of shame when Obama wins) and finish off the Repubs in the house.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2806983]Agreed. I'm sending small-dollar contributions out to key Senate & Congressional races around the country, Gotta get that Lieberman-proof majority (although [B][U]I'm still hoping he dies [/U][/B]of shame when Obama wins) and finish off the Repubs in the house.[/QUOTE]

What makes you think THAT is appropriate?:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=pauliec;2806960]You don't know if he's the best man for the job, and in fact you have a lot of reservations about him, but you're proud for America nevertheless. So obviously you support him based on race alone. Congratulations.

Give me a ****ing break.[/quote]

You twist his words so you can purposely misinterpret his post. :tsk:

He is trumpeting the fact that this country has reached a new milestone. When a black man has a VERY strong possibility of being elected to the most powerful position in the world, it is a positive sign that the people in this country have made tremendous advances against prejudice.

You can like or dislike Obama's politics, but the fact is, socially, this is a very positive thing.
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 10-16-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2806972]Considering where we were only 50 years ago, I'd say yea. Kudos to America for electing a black dude.[/QUOTE]

Is this the only requirement for President now?

I hope we elect a Puerto Rican President next, regardless of the qualifications.

And yet, we've never had a guinea in the White House. How is that supposed to make [I]me [/I]feel?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2806989]What makes you think THAT is appropriate?:eek:[/QUOTE]

Joking -- although I hate Lieberman passionately, I really wish he would just go home, have some soup, think about how foolish he's been and feel guilty.