Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm Proud of America

Proud of America?? Talk about setting the bar low. We are in national bankruptcy because of the way we've voted, and now all of a sudden because we voted for a guy with dark skin color we should now pat ourselves on the back??

[QUOTE=parafly;2807245]Agreed.

I remember watching Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2004, and [B][U]thinking[/U][/B] "Wow, this guy is really inspirational and has a ton of political potential. [B][U]Too bad Americans would never vote for a black guy named Barrack Obama to be President[/U][/B]."

Well, over 4 years later, here we are.[/QUOTE]

So, finally admitting America isn't as racist and evil as you thought, eh? ;)

Don't worry, as soon as Obama fails at something or something bad happens on his watch, and criticism heads his way, I am sure the calls of "It's all about racism" will come a call'in once again.

All I know is that I look at the times that my parents grew up in, and I look at things now, and the sociological advancements that have happened in this country in under 50 years are absolutely astonishing. Some can't put political views aside in the midst of that, which is sensible and also sad at the same time, but it doesn't change the fact that a guy like Martin Luther King would probably be brought to tears at the fact that a black man is running for President right now and is favored to win.

And on the flipside, I think it's incredible that there's also blacks in this country who are heavily against Barack Obama. I think that shows even more just how far we've come. It's great, as much ugly as I've witnessed throughout the Bush years, I'm damn proud to be from a place that embraces the challenge rather than reject it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2807256]So, finally admitting America isn't as racist and evil as you thought, eh? ;)[/QUOTE]

There is without a doubt a racist element to a portion of American society. I did not believe there was a candidate strong enough to overcome these racist feelings, but given the state of our nation coupled with a weak Republican opponent who has failed to win over his base, I may be proven wrong. I'm not jumping to conclusions yet, this election can turn around in a heartbeat.

I've never described America as evil so I am not sure about that part of your statement.

you've got to be kidding. in 2000 gore lost duval county in fla simply because his acorn nuts couldn't teach 26,000 voters how to vote. not because the gop stole anything. if anything the dems were trying to steal it by trying to exclude the overseas service voters and then protesting when the recounts showed the bush lead widening.

in 2004, john kerry was one of the most dispicable candidates anyone could ever imagine. the guy was the classic empty suit. he was phonier than a 3 dollar bill and his running mate was a glorified ambulance chaser who now has to resort to cheating on his dying wife to stay in the news. imagine if this clown was on the receiving end of the torment he put those hospitals through with his frivolous lawsuits.

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2806913]until he's sworn in, don't count your chickens before they hatch!

these are the same GOPers who stole the last TWO elections, you think they're going to just lie down and die? GOP computer data security experts are even admitting that about 2004 and that they are hearing McCain will win in a surprising last minute come back by 3 electoral votes and garnering 51.2% of the vote (look up Stephen Spoonamore and his thoughts on the 2004 Ohio election and the coming 2008 election if you don't believe me)[/QUOTE]

don't you know that was the beauty of his whole candidacy! nobody can criticise him for any failures for fear they would be called racist. frankly obama and his handlers are the guys playing the race card.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2807256]So, finally admitting America isn't as racist and evil as you thought, eh? ;)

Don't worry, as soon as Obama fails at something or something bad happens on his watch, and criticism heads his way, I am sure the calls of "It's all about racism" will come a call'in once again.[/QUOTE]

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2806913]until he's sworn in, don't count your chickens before they hatch!

these are the same GOPers who stole the last TWO elections, you think they're going to just lie down and die? GOP computer data security experts are even admitting that about 2004 and that they are hearing McCain will win in a surprising last minute come back by 3 electoral votes and garnering 51.2% of the vote (look up Stephen Spoonamore and his thoughts on the 2004 Ohio election and the coming 2008 election if you don't believe me)[/QUOTE]

Here you forgot these:

[IMG]http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/ARP/ARP116/Blinders.jpg[/IMG]

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=parafly;2807275]There is without a doubt a racist element to a portion of American society. [B]I did not believe there was a candidate strong enough to overcome these racist feelings, [/B]but given the state of our nation coupled with a weak Republican opponent who has failed to win over his base, I may be proven wrong. I'm not jumping to conclusions yet, this election can turn around in a heartbeat.

I've never described America as evil so I am not sure about that part of your statement.[/QUOTE]

It ain't over until he gets elected and then leaves office, IMHO. I just have a bad feeling there's a crackpot out there somewhere that will try something. :(

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;2807308]you've got to be kidding. in 2000 gore lost duval county in fla simply because his acorn nuts couldn't teach 26,000 voters how to vote. not because the gop stole anything. if anything the dems were trying to steal it by trying to exclude the overseas service voters and then protesting when the recounts showed the bush lead widening.

in 2004, [B]john kerry was one of the most dispicable candidates anyone could ever imagine. the guy was the classic empty suit.[/B] he was phonier than a 3 dollar bill and his running mate was a glorified ambulance chaser who now has to resort to cheating on his dying wife to stay in the news. imagine if this clown was on the receiving end of the torment he put those hospitals through with his frivolous lawsuits.[/QUOTE]

That's true. That wooden statue was Mondalesque.

And the Democrats along with Obama and Acorn are really trying to steal this one. BTW check out Obama's real history He is mostly Arab not African as he claims.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2807344]And the Democrats along with Obama and Acorn are really trying to steal this one. BTW check out Obama's real history He is mostly Arab not African as he claims.[/QUOTE]

So is an Algerian, African or arab? How about the Egyptians? I mean they're both on the African continent???? What a quandry.........

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;2807308]
    in 2004, john kerry was one of the most dispicable candidates anyone could ever imagine. the guy was the classic empty suit. he was phonier than a 3 dollar bill and his running mate was a glorified ambulance chaser who now has to resort to cheating on his dying wife to stay in the news. imagine if this clown was on the receiving end of the torment he put those hospitals through with his frivolous lawsuits.[/QUOTE]

Kerry was better than Bush. No?

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2807344]BTW check out Obama's real history He is mostly Arab not African as he claims.[/QUOTE]

Is that relevant?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a wise ass or anything.

I just don't see the relevance.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2807013]This is indeed a great time for our country, and it's a HUGE milestone, epecially considering how far we've come in 50 years. I've said it before, this election is staggering in regard to the history that's being made. It's pretty awesome to be living through it and experiencing it.

But I'm just going off of Bushy's words: he has major reservations about the candidate, but he's happy we're electing a black guy. How am I supposed to interpret that?

Look, this would have happened sooner or later, and the evidence is all around us. To say that you're unsure of Obama's qualifications, but you are happy that at least he's black doesn't make sense to me. Personally, I would have liked to see Colin Powell run -- not because of his race, but because of his experience and leadership qualities. And I definitely would have voted for him over McCain.[/QUOTE]

Rumor is Powell is going to endorse Obama in the very near future, if that makes you feel any better.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 10-16-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Banned

I still think McSame is winning the election. According to rasmussenreports, which is one of the better polling sites Obama is only up 4% in the national polls. The swing state polls - the only ones that really matter - Obama has either a slight lead or he's in a virtual tie with McSame.

We cannot underestimate the ability of the republicans to steal elections nor should we ever understimate the power of the American Taliban religious wack jobs that provide the basic voting strength of the GOP in the Southeast and Mid-West. These wackos are excellent in getting their drones to go to the polling booths and vote for the elephants.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2806835]Barrack Obama is going to be the next president of the United States. I don't know that he's the best man for the job. I have a lot of reservations about him. But the fact that a man that a majority of American's view as "a black man" is about to become president at the very least speaks something about the advancement of this country to look beyond racial lines in choosing a leader.[/QUOTE]

Black or white - even Obama would not pardon your scumbag hero when he'll finally get what he deserves.

you know what, i believe in calling a spade a spade. i also believe that you can't see the forest for the trees. bush looks bad now but i am still happy that empty suit did not get elected. we will never know what john kerry woulda/coulda/shoulda and i believe we are all better for it.

as for bush, it think history about 20 nyear out will be much kinder to him. i am reminded of another president who was terribly maligned during his presidency and that was us grant. some historians remember grant as being the guy who basically coined the erm lobbyists. however, what is left out is the fact that grant made sure the country was reunited after the civil war. he had the peace bridge built and he went very light on the confederate regime. and you have to remember that at the time lee surrendered there were still factions that wanted to carry out guerilla warfare against the union. who knows how long that period would have lasted had grant not had a respectful attitude towards the south.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2807614]Kerry was better than Bush. No?[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    I am proud of Senator Government.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2806997]Is this the only requirement for President now?

I hope we elect a Puerto Rican President next, regardless of the qualifications.

And yet, we've never had a guinea in the White House. How is that supposed to make [I]me [/I]feel?[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of Joe Pesci's line in Goodfellas..."Can you believe that? In this day and age, a Jew broad prejudiced against Italians?" :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;2807903]you know what, i believe in calling a spade a spade.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you do. :rolleyes: