Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you that don't think that McCain = Bush, answer this

Hall Of Fame

For those of you that don't think that McCain = Bush, answer this

With the new revelations that "Joe The Plumber" is actually McCain's associate and scandal-mate Charles Keating's grandson and his father was convicted and served 40 months in prison for his participation in the Keating 5 scandal and therefore obviously a plant by the McCain campaign it dawned on me how much McCain = Bush

complete and utter failure at everything... I mean you could not try and screw up everything like McCain and Bush have done... you have to be born with some deficiency or something to compound error upon unforced error like these guys do

Picking Palin for VP = complete and utter failure
    Suspending ones campaign and trying to duck out of a debate = complete and utter failure
    Doing the above to solve the financial crisis, only to make it worse = complete and utter failure
    Riling up your crowds and getting them into a frenzy, only to have them repeatedly embarrass you and your campaign = complete and utter failure
    Losing all 4 debates, and losing them handily = complete and utter failure

Just like Bush's handling of Afghanistan
    Or Iraq
    Or torture
    Or the environment
    Or monetary policy
    Or tax policy
    etc

McCain = Bush because they are both completely and totally inept, and wrong on every major issue (according to polling of American's desires of who would handle each issue better)

what say you?

joe the plumber is keating's grandson? is that real? i thought it was a joke. Seriously.

next thing you are gonna tell me he doesn't have a licence to plumb. :D

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2807687]McCain = Bush because they are both completely and totally inept, and [B]wrong on every major issue [/B](according to polling of American's desires of who would handle each issue better)

what say you?[/QUOTE]
    Here's a major issue for you: the surge in Iraq. McCain nailed it (when it was political kryptonite, by the way), while Obama got it 100% wrong.

Obama hasn't even gotten the chance to get that many things right or wrong, yet he blew it big time. The media might not have acknowledged this, but don't assume that no one noticed.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2807700]Here's a major issue for you: the surge in Iraq. McCain nailed it (when it was political kryptonite, by the way), while Obama got it 100% wrong. [/QUOTE]

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while. An old blind squirrel that smells like Vitalis and Old Spice...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2807700]Here's a major issue for you: the surge in Iraq. McCain nailed it (when it was political kryptonite, by the way), while Obama got it 100% wrong.[/QUOTE]

Here's a major issue for you: the invasion of Iraq. Obama nailed it (when it was political kryptonite, by the way), while McCain got it 100% wrong.

It goes both ways.

You would rather have the guy who took us from being knee deep in **** to ankle deep in ****. I would rather have the guy who would have avoided being in **** all together.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2807699]joe the plumber is keating's grandson? is that real? i thought it was a joke. Seriously.

next thing you are gonna tell me he doesn't have a licence to plumb. :D[/QUOTE]

ROFL... you can't make this sh!t up!

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-elisberg/john-mccain-and-the-joe-t_b_135319.html[/url]

"You see, Joe Wurzelbacher is apparently related to Robert Wurzelbacher. Who is the son-in-law of (are you ready...?) Charles Keating!

Yes, that Charles Keating. The Charles Keating of the Keating 5 Scandal. For which John McCain was reprimanded by the United States Senate, for his involvement in attempting to illegally influence government regulators. The Charles Keating who John McCain has been trying to avoid have mentioned. So, he basically mentioned it 24 times."

"Anyway, back to Robert Wurzelbacher, Joe the Plumber's father"

So if your father is Charles Keating's son-in-law, you're either Charles Keating's grandson or Charles Keating's step-grandson (if due to a different mother and remarriage, etc)

All Pro
    Back to the topic, you are 100% correct. Given McCain's VP selection and the conduct of his campaign, his competence should and has come under question. He drove away many independent voters.

Hall Of Fame
    Turns out Keating's grandson Joe Wurzelbacher, aka "Joe the (non)Plumber" also used to live somewhere in Alaska... and there is a Doug Wurzelbacher who lives in Alaska currently. Where? Well it's a suburb of Anchorage, you might have heard of it... it's called Wasilla! LOL

[url]http://www.progressohio.org/page/community/post/daveharding/CHvm[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2807699]joe the plumber is keating's grandson? is that real? i thought it was a joke. Seriously.

next thing you are gonna tell me he doesn't have a licence to plumb. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol..

Yes, and he's not anywhere near buying the business (maybe in the future), it doesn't net anywhere near 250k, he doesn't pay his taxes anyway, he's a registered republican and will be voting McCain.

Basically the entire story was bull****.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2807771]Turns out Keating's grandson Joe Wurzelbacher, aka "Joe the (non)Plumber" also used to live somewhere in Alaska... and there is a Doug Wurzelbacher who lives in Alaska currently. Where? Well it's a suburb of Anchorage, you might have heard of it... it's called Wasilla! LOL

[url]http://www.progressohio.org/page/community/post/daveharding/CHvm[/url][/QUOTE]

It actually makes more sense if Palin is behind it...

What a coincidence that he has relatives in the town of Wasilla huh? I mean, maybe not so much seeing as how Wasilla is such a big town and all.. :rolleyes:

Amazing.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=CTM;2807778]It actually makes more sense if Palin is behind it...

What a coincidence that he has relatives in the town of Wasilla huh? I mean, maybe not so much seeing as how Wasilla is such a big town and all.. :rolleyes:

Amazing.[/QUOTE]

Well, for the record and to be fair, they could be unrelated Wurzelbachers :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2807779]Well, for the record and to be fair, they could be unrelated Wurzelbachers :D[/QUOTE]

It is a common name afterall.. lol

Obama=Jimmy Carter

As bad as Carter was he still has gets the edge over Bush.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2807779]Well, for the record and to be fair, they could be unrelated Wurzelbachers :D[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with the confrontation, it's politics. I think it's legitimate.

[COLOR="Red"]BUT[/COLOR] why in the world did McCain keep coming back to this guy in the debate. Did he really think this stuff wouldn't come out in this day and age?

Another example of horrendous judgement.

[QUOTE=parafly;2807710]Here's a major issue for you: the invasion of Iraq. Obama nailed it (when it was political kryptonite, by the way), while McCain got it 100% wrong.

It goes both ways.

You would rather have the guy who took us from being knee deep in **** to ankle deep in ****. I would rather have the guy who would have avoided being in **** all together.[/QUOTE]
    In 2008 as Presidential candidates one guy nailed it and the other one whiffed. Obama was a state politician from Chicago ('present') when the war started, not a US Senator.

Hall Of Fame
    Update: He appears to not be Keating's grandson, any relation is not yet known

[url]http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/16/133831/42/1001/632600[/url]

the Wasilla connection is still valid, although circumstantial

Banned
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2807781]Obama=Jimmy Carter

As bad as Carter was he still has gets the edge over Bush.[/QUOTE]

Right now William Henry Harrison gets the edge over Bush, and he was president for only one month.

Banned
    McCain and Bush are both controlled by the neocon, big oil, corporate establishment. Only difference between Bush and McCain is that one is an idiot draft-dodger who sunk every business he was ever involved in before going into politics while the other one is a war hero.

I almost feel sorry for McCain. I actually supported him in the 2000 elections when I was a republican until Rove torpedoed his campaign with his racist hijinx in the North Carolina primary. Looking back now, I'm pretty sure he would have ended up making the same mistakes as the Bush administration or worse.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2807828]Looking back now, I'm pretty sure he would have ended up making the same mistakes as the Bush administration or worse.[/QUOTE]
    "Or worse" - of course. He's running against the Democrats. "The worst" is open, eternally, to subjective treatment.

2004: McCain a dark horse possibility to join Kerry's ticket.

2008: Hitler = Bush > McCain: McCain is worse than Hitler.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2807837]"Or worse" - of course. He's running against the Democrats. "The worst" is open, eternally, to subjective treatment.

2004: McCain a dark horse possibility to join Kerry's ticket.

2008: Hitler = Bush > McCain: McCain is worse than Hitler.[/QUOTE]

I have never equated Bush with Hitler. I just think he's been a lousy president and McCain will be lousy president part II because him and Bush are both controlled by the same inept neoconservative movement.