Thread: Padres gauging interest in Peavy

Veteran

Padres gauging interest in Peavy

All Pro
    OOOO man would i love for him to be a met but not enough ammo, or do i think they would even go after him with all the other holes to fill

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    OOOO man would i love for him to be a met but not enough ammo, or do i think they would even go after him with all the other holes to fill
    Can't let him go to the Braves though...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Can't let him go to the Braves though...
    is it just me or do the Braves seem to have a habit of trading almost nothing for guys like Peavy?

Hall Of Fame
    Peavy isn't the best person to target...

2.77 Career ERA at Home, 3.80 Career ERA on the Road

He's not the same pitcher outside of Petco Park, but you're not going to be given any bit of a discount in spite of that.

is it just me or do the Braves seem to have a habit of trading almost nothing for guys like Peavy?
    Used to be that way, back when they won 14 straight titles. Schuerholz was a master when it came to seperating which prospects were the real deal, and which were not, and trading those that were not.

I don't think Frank Wren has those same abilities though, the Teixeria trade is really going to end up to start biting them in the ass as they dealt Neftali Feliz who just looks nasty, Salty who I'm still high on, Andrus will probably start for someone for a while, and Harrison seems like a good organizational arm at least.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Padres are at it again....Peavy would be just 1 in the Loooooooooong list of talented players to get traded due to our owners inability to surround him with talent.

"we're not planning on competing anytime soon Jake....so where would you like to be dealt"?

Gary Sheffield....Robby Alomar....Ozzie Smith.....just a few great players who continued to be great players after their Padres career.

The list is long.