Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Brown or Jacobs

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,242

    Brown or Jacobs

    Westbrook is my starting back and with him hurt and on a BYE I'm starting Marshawn Lynch and either Brandon Jacobs against SF or Ronnie Brown against Bal.

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,852
    Jacobs. The Giants will bounce back strong.

    The Ravens will stack the box and dare the Fins to throw -- and when they do Ed Reed will pick Penny for six.

  3. #3
    Yea, based on match ups alone... Balt's D is number one in the league vs. the run. Ronnie will be seeing the box stacked. Jacobs vs. San Fran. should net you more points. This is even more lopsided if you're not playing PPR.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,810
    I agree. Jacobs.

  5. #5
    I think they will both have the same amount of points. Go with the teams that have the bigger total point spread and check the weather reports.

  6. #6
    I know Brown's draft stock was down this year, but how do you have all 4 of those backs? Are you in a 6-team league?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322 View Post
    Westbrook is my starting back and with him hurt and on a BYE I'm starting Marshawn Lynch and either Brandon Jacobs against SF or Ronnie Brown against Bal.

    What do you guys think?
    Considering you have all those backs, is this a 2 person league? No brainer to go with Jacobs, Baltimore has the best run D in the entire NFL this year.

  8. #8
    if you first 3 picks were RBs i could easily see that set up. R. Brown for the past two years in my drafts has lasted till the late 3rd round or early 4th. I picked him last year with my 4th or 5th pick and even this year after being the most valuable RB till he got hurt he still went way last in my drafts.

    No one likes Brown, I just don't get it?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322 View Post
    Westbrook is my starting back and with him hurt and on a BYE I'm starting Marshawn Lynch and either Brandon Jacobs against SF or Ronnie Brown against Bal.

    What do you guys think?
    Jacobs. The Ravens' D is extremely tough to run on. Lendale White is a power back similar to Jacobs and he had a very hard time trying to run on Haloti Ngata.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHector View Post
    I know Brown's draft stock was down this year, but how do you have all 4 of those backs? Are you in a 6-team league?
    Yep, you got it. It's only me a and a couple of my buddies, only 6 teams.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,242

    Thanks for the help guys!

    I was leaning towards Jacobs but ever since Ronnie's 4 TD game (when I didn't play him, of course) I've been second guessing myself.

    One more question. I've had Roy Williams all season and he's been killing me. I was just able to pick up Bernard Berrian off waivers (Not sure why after last week...) Should I start Roy in his first game as a Cowboy, or Berrian. I'm leaning towards Berrian just because I don't see Roy having that much of an impact a couple days after starting with a new team.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322 View Post
    I was leaning towards Jacobs but ever since Ronnie's 4 TD game (when I didn't play him, of course) I've been second guessing myself.

    One more question. I've had Roy Williams all season and he's been killing me. I was just able to pick up Bernard Berrian off waivers (Not sure why after last week...) Should I start Roy in his first game as a Cowboy, or Berrian. I'm leaning towards Berrian just because I don't see Roy having that much of an impact a couple days after starting with a new team.
    As long as Berrian is fully healthy this week I would start him. I have Roy too and unless he steps up his game in Dallas I would start Berrian over him the rest of the way.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    As long as Berrian is fully healthy this week I would start him. I have Roy too and unless he steps up his game in Dallas I would start Berrian over him the rest of the way.
    Good advice. Thanks man!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us