Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama Is Against Christmas?

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2808463]It's got NOTHING to do with "plastic crap" as you so eloquenlty put it....It has to do with the ongoing assault in this country towards anything Christian by the radical left, and that is EXACTLY what Osama is.

Ia am Catholic, I celebrate Christmas, my kids LOVE "plastic crap", and I vote.[/QUOTE]

Ongoing assault on Christmas? You have to be kidding me. I get flyers in the mail, commercials on TV, Christmas in the Mall in the city everywhere. It's pushed on us 24/7 starting the day after Halloween by the media, the local Government and every retail business in the Country not to mention every Christian religious organization.

I love Christmas it's become the single best secular holiday in the US. I have a tree, I give and get presents, I go to Rockefeller center to see the tree and the skaters, I sometimes go to midnight mass and I don’t believe in a Creator.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2808524]Ongoing assault on Christmas? You have to be kidding me. I get flyers in the mail, commercials on TV, Christmas in the Mall in the city everywhere. It's pushed on us 24/7 starting the day after Halloween by the media, the local Government and every retail business in the Country not to mention every Christian religious organization.

I love Christmas it's become the single best secular holiday in the US. I have a tree, I give and get presents, I go to Rockefeller center to see the tree and the skaters, I sometimes go to midnight mass and I don’t believe in a Creator.[/QUOTE]

+1.

If there's an assault on Christmas that's real, its courtesy of the giant retailers who have turned the holiday into nothing more than a profit center.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2808531]+1.

If there's an assault on Christmas that's real, its courtesy of the giant retailers who have turned the holiday into nothing more than a profit center.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I don't know a single person who looks forward to Christmas anymore, it has become an expensive hassle and a chore, which is a shame.

All League
    [QUOTE=parafly;2808475]Explain to me how this is an "assault on anything Christian." Is Obama imposing his Christmas celebrations on you and your family? Seems to me like you are taking issue with Obama's personal family values and traditions, and frankly, they are none of your business.[/QUOTE]

That is where you are wrong....It [U]is[/U] my business, as I have the right to vote and exercise that right....And yes, I believe that if Osama gets in, he will cease any Christmas traditions in the Whitehouse and the surrounding DC area, so I do take issue with his values and traditions....I want my children to celebrate the Christmas holiday as I did as a kid in the 60's and 70's before all of this bull**** started.

This country was founded on Christian principles and values, and never have we had this kind of separation and dissent regarding our National majority religion...."One Nation Under God"

God Bless America

All League
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2808524]Ongoing assault on Christmas? You have to be kidding me. I get flyers in the mail, commercials on TV....[/QUOTE]

Just take note this year, as in several of the last Christmas seasons....Pepsi and Coke took Santa and all "Christmas" references off their products last year so as not to "offend" others....Target, Sears, Walmart, etc. say "Happy Holidays" as not to offend others....It's all political correctness bull**** run amok....I don't give a **** who I offend by saying "Merry Christmas"....If you don't like it, get the **** out.

To all that fanatical Christians here. Has it ever dawned on you that perhaps the separation between church and state is due to the fact to the every changing and growing #'s of different religions in this country? Perhaps a Muslim, or a Jew, or whatever feel that the christian face is imposed on them. Country may have been founded on christian principles, it doesn't mean that 200+ years later it should be ruled by them. Just sayin, JMO.

The funny thing is just last year he did a Christmas commercial in front of a tree.

So either he is a phony or this thread is BS. (my vote is the thread is BS)

[url]http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2007/12/an_obama_christmas_ad.html[/url]

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2808566]Just take note this year, as in several of the last Christmas seasons....Pepsi and Coke took Santa and all "Christmas" references off their products last year so as not to "offend" others....Target, Sears, Walmart, etc. say "Happy Holidays" as not to offend others....It's all political correctness bull**** run amok....I don't give a **** who I offend by saying "Merry Christmas"....If you don't like it, get the **** out.[/QUOTE]

You have a problem with private companies making a decision to not offend some of their customers?

As a Christian does it reafirm your faith when Coke uses a Santa image for their holiday promotions?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2808561]That is where you are wrong....It [U]is[/U] my business, as I have the right to vote and exercise that right....And yes, I believe that if Osama gets in, he will cease any Christmas traditions in the Whitehouse and the surrounding DC area, so I do take issue with his values and traditions....I want my children to celebrate the Christmas holiday as I did as a kid in the 60's and 70's before all of this bull**** started.

[B]This country was founded on Christian principles and values[/B], and never have we had this kind of separation and dissent regarding our National majority religion...."One Nation Under God"

God Bless America[/QUOTE]

Well, this is plain idiocy. I didn't realize at what level we are debating this issue... read my earlier post to disabuse yourself of the notion that all Christians believe that Christmas should be celebrated like an ordinary birthday, much less have trees and Santa Claus...

Second, this country was not founded on "Christian" principles but on deist principles. There is a difference.

Third, "One Nation Under God" did not appear until much much later. It is not part of our originalist history.

It'll be interesting to see what Obama does re celebrating the holiday. If he keeps it low-key and religiously focused, would you still rant and rail against him? After all, he might force you to actually consider what you are doing in such knee-jerk fashion. But I have the feeling I'm talking to a brick wall in more ways than one....

All League
    [QUOTE=vicious89x;2808571]To all that fanatical Christians here. Has it ever dawned on you that perhaps the separation between church and state is due to the fact to the every changing and growing #'s of different religions in this country? Perhaps a Muslim, or a Jew, or whatever feel that the christian face is imposed on them. Country may have been founded on christian principles, it doesn't mean that 200+ years later it should be ruled by them. Just sayin, JMO.[/QUOTE]

If you met me, or know me as a person you would know that I am by far NOT a fanatical Christian....I was married in a Church, go to Church fairly regularly, try to live my life as a good person and try to raise my kids as respectful, resopnsible people....That is as fanatical as I get.

I believe that if you come into my country, you should be able to practice your own faith, religion and traditions as you wish while respecting the fundamentals this country was founded upon....If this country is so great, and other "peoples" are fleeing their countries of origin to come here for a better life, why are they trying to change it?

Love it or leave it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2808561]That is where you are wrong....It [U]is[/U] my business, as I have the right to vote and exercise that right....[B]And yes, I believe that if Osama gets in, he will cease any Christmas traditions in the Whitehouse and the surrounding DC area, so I do take issue with his values and traditions[/B]....I want my children to celebrate the Christmas holiday as I did as a kid in the 60's and 70's before all of this bull**** started.

This country was founded on Christian principles and values, and never have we had this kind of separation and dissent regarding our National majority religion...."One Nation Under God"

God Bless America[/QUOTE]

But when he continues all the White House hoopla around Christmas, will you admit you are wrong?

Your kids will celebrate Christmas however you deem it appropriate for them to celebrate it. Except for the snow. It never seems to snow anymore round these here parts. That's probably Obama's fault too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2808586]If you met me, or know me as a person you would know that I am by far NOT a fanatical Christian....I was married in a Church, go to Church fairly regularly, try to live my life as a good person and try to raise my kids as respectful, resopnsible people....That is as fanatical as I get.

I believe that if you come into my country, you should be able to practice your own faith, religion and traditions as you wish while respecting the fundamentals this country was founded upon....If this country is so great, and other "peoples" are fleeing their countries of origin to come here for a better life, why are they trying to change it?

Love it or leave it.[/QUOTE]

great post...

for the record I don't care what anyone wants to describe me as here I will not let Christmas nor those that celebrate it here get bashed in this thread, I'm an inch from closing it...I would also do the same thing for a Hanakuh thread, so don't even go there.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2808586]If you met me, or know me as a person you would know that I am by far NOT a fanatical Christian....I was married in a Church, go to Church fairly regularly, try to live my life as a good person and try to raise my kids as respectful, resopnsible people....That is as fanatical as I get.

I believe that [B]if you come into my country[/B], you should be able to practice your own faith, religion and traditions as you wish while respecting the fundamentals this country was founded upon....If this country is so great, and other "peoples" are fleeing their countries of origin to come here for a better life, why are they trying to change it?

There was a time when Catholics were not looked at in kindly fashion by "true" Americans (i.e., protestants fleeing persecution). There was a time not at all long ago when immigrants from Catholic countries were viewed as inferior, along with their religious practices. If you wanted to be a "real" American you would get with the program and start polishing up on your anglo-saxon, protestant beliefs. At least if you're going to come into "MY" country..... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=vicious89x;2808571]To all that fanatical Christians here. Has it ever dawned on you that perhaps the separation between church and state is due to the fact to the every changing and growing #'s of different religions in this country? Perhaps a Muslim, or a Jew, or whatever feel that the christian face is imposed on them. Country may have been founded on christian principles, it doesn't mean that 200+ years later it should be ruled by them. Just sayin, JMO.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I've kind of come to enjoy hating Christmas season over the years. If I didn't have that type of annoyance going on in my life for 1 month out of every year, it'd just feel wierd.

All kidding aside, I actually like the holiday season somewhat. I mean the traffic and songs bother the crap out of me, but the general kindness that people show towards each other I've always enjoyed. Random people say "Merry Christmas" to me and I usually say the same, as I know the intent behind their words. If that type of genuine courtesy comes at the expense of the majority exercising their right to celebrate their holiday, so be it. If there was more money to be made off of Hannukah, I'm sure things would be different.

Let me say this. I take an issue with Obama if he changes the way Christmas is done. Forget the religious aspects, I'm an atheist. Christmas is a time of hope, a time of reflection, and a time of unity with family. No offense CEJF, but for my it's the ideals behind Christmas that makes it important to me.

I was making a point on other policies that sometimes become a religious argument. As for Christmas I agree it should be left alone and I'm sure it will be. I wasn't calling you out as fanatical, if you feel I did, I apologize.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2808531]+1.

If there's an assault on Christmas that's real, its courtesy of the giant retailers who have turned the holiday into nothing more than a profit center.[/QUOTE]

Co-sign, +2, :handhold:

well, it seems as though you won't afford Obama the same liberty you have...you take issue with how he celebrates Christmas..and with no precedence, decide that somehow he will "shut down Christmas" in DC?

Really?

Why is Obama and his family not allowed to celebrate the holiday how they want?

[QUOTE=piney;2808603]

Why is Obama and his family not allowed to celebrate the holiday how they want?[/QUOTE]

From my recollection it's not a religious thing at all. I think they spend a ton of time and money on the kids' birthdays and their logic is that they want to teach the kids some limits.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2808592]great post...

for the record I don't care what anyone wants to describe me as here I will not let Christmas nor those that celebrate it here get bashed in this thread, I'm an inch from closing it...I would also do the same thing for a Hanakuh thread, so don't even go there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks JW....I am just VERY passionate about the country I grew up in and disturbed by some of the things I see happening.

I'm done debating this issue because it's just a lose/lose situation.

Merry Christmas in to all (in advance)!

If this gooch gets elected he better not take away Christmas!