Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Joe and the Question" - A Warfish Manifesto (tm)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dems- Perhaps you should take a cue from your nominee. Obama didn't care whether or not it was a plant, he didnt' skirt around the question, he didn't just try to charm him. Obama did something admirable that far-left should notice, he took a persons question and answered like he would one of his advisors. He didnt' try to be witty, smile and keep moving on. And if it is a McCain plant then even better! Then the whole idea backfired and Obama still came out on top.

Mob Mentality is frightening.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2808528]Because Politicians do things like that, glom onto something they think will help them, regardless of the cost to the person involved.

Even if he IS a plant, which I clearly do not believe based on the evidence thus far, I do not believe it makes the question, or the answer, or the issue, invalid.

But instead of discussing those, we're discussing him, and the media is chasing him. I agree, McCain and Joe himself bear some burden here, McCain especially. But that does not legitimize, in my view, the media whichunt.[/QUOTE]

Certainly. But it was really only on this page and amateur hour blogs that I read the plant theory...no major media market ever used any term close to plant to describe him...they reported on the facts included in the Bloomberg article I posted above...so please correct me if you saw something in a major media source that reported any rumor or erroneous facts or speculation about Joe that would classify this as a witch hunt... There was some of that here yesterday...but (no offense Sooth), JI isn't quite a major news media outlet ... and who is it amongst us that wanted to discuss this so bad we wrote a whole manifesto to solicit discussion on it ?
    Last edited by nmac21; 10-17-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2808528]Because Politicians do things like that, glom onto something they think will help them, regardless of the cost to the person involved.

Even if he IS a plant, which I clearly do not believe based on the evidence thus far, I do not believe it makes the question, or the answer, or the issue, invalid.

But instead of discussing those, we're discussing him, and the media is chasing him. I agree, McCain and Joe himself bear some burden here, McCain especially. But that does not legitimize, in my view, the media whichunt.[/QUOTE]

I think people want to know when a presidential candidate mentions a guy as many times as McCain did. It wouldn't be like this if he had been mentioned 1 time. imo..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nmac21;2808550]who is it amongst us that wanted to discuss this so bad we wrote a whole manifesto to solicit discussion on it ?[/QUOTE]

I would think that would be obvious.

I do.

And I think the people who posted about up till now do as well, in this thread and the other.

And you must as well, as you've now posted multiple times in this very thread.

So either you just wish to get jabs in at me (which is fine, of course, i'm open to such things) or you are interested in the topic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vicious89x;2808546]Hey Dems- Perhaps you should take a cue from your nominee. Obama didn't care whether or not it was a plant, he didnt' skirt around the question, he didn't just try to charm him. Obama did something admirable that far-left should notice, he took a persons question and answered like he would one of his advisors. He didnt' try to be witty, smile and keep moving on. And if it is a McCain plant then even better! Then the whole idea backfired and Obama still came out on top.

Mob Mentality is frightening.[/QUOTE]

+1

This is another example of why I think Obama will make a good President.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2808560]I would think that would be obvious.

I do.

And I think the people who posted about up till now do as well, in this thread and the other.

And you must as well, as you've now posted multiple times in this very thread.

So either you just wish to get jabs in at me (which is fine, of course, i'm open to such things) or you are interested in the topic.[/QUOTE]

not trying to get in jabs my friend. Forgive me if anything seemed that way, I generally respect what you try to do in your posts, by trying to present facts in an objective manner. It just seems to me that you are trying to place blame on SOMEONE for the reaction against McCain in light of his politicizing of Joe Wurzelbacher's civil discourse with Barak Obama. McCain's politicization of the discourse...resulted in the demythification of 'Joe the Plumber' as 'Joe Six-Pack' through evidence that I do not believe is out of bounds (with the exception of the accusation of being a plant).

Really ... it seems that in clinging to your feeling that SOMEONE is to blame for the reaction against McCain for politicizing Joe ...you yourself are conducting your own witch hunt against the media, certain posters here, and perhaps others...and as one who reads this site frequently, this just seems a little out of character for you...and what interests me is why you insist that someone is to blame, when the factual evidence presented points to the contrary
    Last edited by nmac21; 10-17-2008 at 12:06 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think what is being lost in this is that Obama talked to this man like he was an adult, something I have been lauding Obama about for some time.

Like him or not, he has been shooting pretty straight.

I think the validity of the question is asked because of the answer. The question was designed purposely to make it look like Obama was going to tax everyday people more money, and that he was mis-representing his tax plan.

Hell, that was the narrative from FOX news and the McCain campaign. This was supposed to be their "finally got him" moment.

It isn't though when you find out that the situation is made up. The entire question is a fallacy.

He isn't a average Joe looking for the American Dream, he was some guy with a made up situation. Obama answered the question honestly and told him the truth.

Where are all the people crying out in Americ who are thinking about expanding/acquiring a small business that makes a net profit of 250,000 or more?

Those are the guys who will be taxed more...why haven't they been marched out as everyday man.

The answer is because that isn't the everyday guy.

Also, why is it ok for Bush to reward a select group of people with tax deductions?

I have always wanted to know why it seemed that everyone was fine with a small percentage of Americans getting what really amounts to entitlements from the government.