Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: U.S. Supreme Court Tosses ACORN Nonsense

  1. #1

    U.S. Supreme Court Tosses ACORN Nonsense


    BREAKING: U.S. Supreme Court throws out largest GOP "voter fraud" case


    WASHINGTON (AP) The Supreme Court is siding with Ohio's top elections official in a dispute with the state Republican Party over voter registrations.

    The justices on Friday overruled a federal appeals court that had ordered Ohio's top elections official to do more to help counties verify voter eligibility.

    Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, faced a deadline of Friday to set up a system to provide local officials with names of newly registered voters whose driver's license numbers or Social Security numbers on voter registration forms don't match records in other government databases.

    Ohio Republicans contended the information for counties would help prevent fraud. Brunner said the GOP is trying to disenfranchise voters.

    ###

    I hate to say I told you so but...I guess there's still Revered Wright.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    the Supreme Court must be made up of leftys....

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    the Supreme Court must be made up of leftys....
    Heh

    Also NYT has a piece that sums up the situation exactly, IMO.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/op...hp&oref=slogin

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,975
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    the Supreme Court must be made up of leftys....
    Yea leftys that made Bush president

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,923
    Lets see Acorn has been indicted in numerous states but who cares it is all for a socialist PIG named Obama.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Lets see Acorn has been indicted in numerous states but who cares it is all for a socialist PIG named Obama.
    Don't be a hater -- the ACORN stuff was laughable from the start all the indictments have been political and baseless.

    BTW, traditionally Capitalists are pigs and socialists are dogs. But since Obama isn't any more a socialist than GW Bush you really need to move on to something else.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by fukushimajin View Post
    Don't be a hater -- the ACORN stuff was laughable from the start all the indictments have been political and baseless.

    BTW, traditionally Capitalists are pigs and socialists are dogs. But since Obama isn't any more a socialist than GW Bush you really need to move on to something else.
    Well, we certainly have the Official Democrat/ACORN position covered on this forum, no doubts there.

    I am sure you're right. No one or group would ever try to cheat in an election.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    It is absolutely amazing that the ACORN issues are more important than the fraud perpetrated by Wall Street.

    Another question where has an election taken place that ACORN can be accused of election fraud?

    I will say it again, Big Business rules were in order for ACORN, get the numbers, we do not care how you do it.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by fukushimajin View Post

    BREAKING: U.S. Supreme Court throws out largest GOP "voter fraud" case


    WASHINGTON (AP) The Supreme Court is siding with Ohio's top elections official in a dispute with the state Republican Party over voter registrations.

    The justices on Friday overruled a federal appeals court that had ordered Ohio's top elections official to do more to help counties verify voter eligibility.

    Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, faced a deadline of Friday to set up a system to provide local officials with names of newly registered voters whose driver's license numbers or Social Security numbers on voter registration forms don't match records in other government databases.

    Ohio Republicans contended the information for counties would help prevent fraud. Brunner said the GOP is trying to disenfranchise voters.

    ###

    I hate to say I told you so but...I guess there's still Revered Wright.
    actually it was on a technicality...

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Feel free to explain the technicality.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    actually it was on a technicality...

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Well, we certainly have the Official Democrat/ACORN position covered on this forum, no doubts there.

    I am sure you're right. No one or group would ever try to cheat in an election.
    Chief Justice Roberts is the one you should be angry at, to be fair - he's such a leftist! It's not like they made that ruling because they're "intelligent" or "not Sean Hannity" or something.

    John Roberts, Barack Obama and an election day Homer Simpson - the new Axis of Evil.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Chief Justice Roberts is the one you should be angry at, to be fair - he's such a leftist! It's not like they made that ruling because they're "intelligent" or "not Sean Hannity" or something.

    John Roberts, Barack Obama and an election day Homer Simpson - the new Axis of Evil.
    What makes you think I am angry?

    The election is going to be a crushing defeat of the Republicans and Conservatives. Seeing possible voter fraud glossed over is just par for the course nowadays.

    The value of ones vote has never been lower. Which is fine, I'm not using mine anyway.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Feel free to explain the technicality.
    the court didn't say whether the sect of ohio was properly implementing HAVA, just that the district court had no jurisdiction to issue a restraining order.... i think.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What makes you think I am angry?

    The election is going to be a crushing defeat of the Republicans and Conservatives. Seeing possible voter fraud glossed over is just par for the course nowadays.

    The value of ones vote has never been lower. Which is fine, I'm not using mine anyway.
    What about voter supression Fish? Because that is what is really going on here and what the Supreme Court prevented.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    What about voter supression Fish? Because that is what is really going on here and what the Supreme Court prevented.

    Explain how this is voter suppression?

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,171
    Almost all the news reports I've seen about Acorn shows them working to register voters in black communities! Why is that?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by asuusa View Post
    Explain how this is voter suppression?
    The challenge that the Supreme Court threw out could have prevented hundreds of thousands of people from voting. How that is not voter suppression?

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by asuusa View Post
    Almost all the news reports I've seen about Acorn shows them working to register voters in black communities! Why is that?
    Because historically blacks have to lowest registration percentages of any ethnic group in this country.

    BTW, blacks only make up about 12 percent of this country's population. If every eligible black voter in this country voted for Obama and every eligible white voter voted for McCain. McCain would win in the largest landslide in history.

    If Obama wins, it will be because a ****load of white people vote for him.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    For the same reason you feel the need to use a exclamation point at the end of your sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by asuusa View Post
    Almost all the news reports I've seen about Acorn shows them working to register voters in black communities! Why is that?

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    What about voter supression Fish? Because that is what is really going on here and what the Supreme Court prevented.
    I support ANY program that ensures ONLY legal/rightful voters vote.

    I support ANY Program that encourages legal/rightful voters to vote.

    I do not support voter fruad.

    To be supressed one must either choose not to vote due to some perceived pressue (Whcih is frankly their own problem, get over it and vote) or not to prove they are who they claim to be (in which case, sorry, prove who you are next time).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us