Thread: Steven Jackson for Michael Turner and Vincent Jackson

Hall Of Fame

Steven Jackson for Michael Turner and Vincent Jackson

I was offered Vincent Jackson and Michael Turner for Steven Jackson. I play in a 3WR 2RB league. I have Boldin, Roddy White, Crayton, Camarillo, Bobby Wade and Reggi Brown as reciever. And Jamal Lewis, Chris Perry, Jackson and Jerious Norwood at RB. Romo and Trent Edwards are my QBs.

Does anyone think its a decent trade? Vincent would give me 3 solid WRs to start each week....but would I be giving up too much in giving S. Jacksin for Turner?

Any advice would great guys......Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I was offered Vincent Jackson and Michael Turner for Steven Jackson. I play in a 3WR 2RB league. I have Boldin, Roddy White, Crayton, Camarillo, Bobby Wade and Reggi Brown as reciever. And Jamal Lewis, Chris Perry, Jackson and Jerious Norwood at RB. Romo and Trent Edwards are my QBs.

Does anyone think its a decent trade? Vincent would give me 3 solid WRs to start each week....but would I be giving up too much in giving S. Jacksin for Turner?

This trade is a complete no brainer. Jackson for Turner alone would not be such a bad trade, considering up until this point Turner has been a better fantasy player this year. In addition, jackson is on arguably the worst team in football who will see 8 man boxes on every play. Then thats all before you even factor in you are getting Vincent Jackson, who is having a breakout year, has a qb throwing to him who is having a breakout year himself, and has now become the team's top receiver, especially now that Chambers is gimpy. I would do this trade in a heartbeat, considering you could use that 3rd very solid receiver to start each week. With your current team, there is a massive drop off between your top 2 receivers and all your other receivers.
    I really dont even think at this point Turner is a downgrade from Stephen Jackson, and Jackson's fantasy value is inflated due to his reputation as a past superb fantasy performer. Does this make sense?

I like the trade, and think you would get the better end of it on PAPER, but if you compare St. Louis's fantasy 'playoff' schedule, to the Falcons, your better off with S Jax. The Rams have the Cardinals, the SeaSh!ts, and the 9ers, where as the Falcons have the Saints, Bucs, and if you were to make it to the championship with Turner, they have the Vikings, and thats just a TERRIBLE matchup, especially for a RB who doesn't catch passes out of the backfield.

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks for input guys. My thought was the added points I would get from adding V. Jackson would be more than what S. Jackson would give if he started putting up big numbers.

Plus I think the Falcons should remain competitive this year...so they should have some meaningful games at the end of the year. I know the schedule is harder for the falcons...but by the end of the year the Rams could be so far out of it that they dont even play Jackson that much.

Pretty good trade for you but your wide receivers are already stacked. I agree Michael Turner straight up for Steven Jackson would be a decent trade. I would do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Pretty good trade for you but your wide receivers are already stacked. I agree Michael Turner straight up for Steven Jackson would be a decent trade. I would do it.
    Boldin worries me right now. I would feel better with another solid guy there in case he doesnt come back as scheduled...or is still feeling the effects of the injury. Plus I think Turner is going to have a solid year the rest of the way.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

who is the imbecile offering this trade? he wants JAckson who is having a horrible year in fantasy for Turner who is having one of the best, and a reciever to boot

Id love to be in your league

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    who is the imbecile offering this trade? he wants JAckson who is having a horrible year in fantasy for Turner who is having one of the best, and a reciever to boot

Id love to be in your league
    I know.....He thinks S. Jackson has a lot of TDs left in him this year...and Turner has over-achieved. Plus he thinks V. Jackson is going to be limited when Chambers come back.

All League
    I have Jackson on my team and cant be more disappointed

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I have Jackson on my team and cant be more disappointed
    Yea i know what you mean....if he didnt have those 22 receptions he would be even more disapointing.