Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What part of the country is not "pro-America"?

It's amazing we all agree about football.

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2810016]She voted for the military option also. (President Clinton also called Saddam a threat and supported military action)[/QUOTE]

Yup. That's why I could never vote for Hillary Clinton...she took the politically expedient position.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2810021]Yup. That's why I could never vote for Hillary Clinton...she took the politically expedient position.[/QUOTE]

I certainly respect your position.

Just curious, what would you have done if Hillary won the nomination?

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2810023]I certainly respect your position.

Just curious, what would you have done if Hillary won the nomination?[/QUOTE]

It depends on who McCain would have picked as his running mate in that situation. If it was Palin, I probably would have voted third party or held my nose and voted Clinton. If it was a more reasonable pick (like Romney, whom I don't even like but respect as an effective manager) I would have voted McCain in a heartbeat.

If you surmise from that that Palin was a game changer for me, you are correct.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 10-18-2008 at 11:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2810023]I certainly respect your position.

Just curious, what would you have done if Hillary won the nomination?[/QUOTE]

I would of voted McCain if he picked Flava Flav as a running mate instead of Palin..

[QUOTE=CTM;2810029]I would of voted McCain if he picked Flava Flav as a running mate instead of Palin..[/QUOTE]

LOL:D

My initial candidate for President was Giuliani. I voted for McCain in the 2000 primary over Bush, and I voted for McCain in the primary this year because Giuliani quit the race.

As for veep, I thought Mike Huckabee would have been a good pick for McCain.
    My problem with Romney was that he was a moderate republican when he was Governor of Massachusetts and changed his positions in order to capture the right wing of the GOP in the primaries.

While I would not feel comfortable with Palin being president immediately if McCain is elected, I do believe she has the intelligence and capabilities to be president with some Vice Presidential seasoning.

Rudy? This would be a dead heat if Romney was VP and I do not like Romney.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2810036]My initial candidate for President was Giuliani. I voted for McCain in the 2000 primary over Bush, and I voted for McCain in the primary this year because Giuliani quit the race.

As for veep, I thought Mike Huckabee would have been a good pick for McCain.
    My problem with Romney was that he was a moderate republican when he was Governor of Massachusetts and changed his positions in order to capture the right wing of the GOP in the primaries.

While I would not feel comfortable with Palin being president immediately if McCain is elected, I do believe she has the intelligence and capabilities to be president with some Vice Presidential seasoning.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=cr726;2810038]Rudy? This would be a dead heat if Romney was VP and I do not like Romney.[/QUOTE]

With the economy the way it is, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in there then Romney.

I don't even know if Palin can spell economy, let alone manage one..

[QUOTE=cr726;2810038]Rudy? This would be a dead heat if Romney was VP and I do not like Romney.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that. McCain declined in the polls when Lehman Brothers went belly-up and the economy hit the skids. While I believe both parties share the blame in the economic situation, it's a fact of life that the party in the White House gets the lion share of the blame.

Don't over-estimate the importance of a Veep candidate. IMO, Dan Quayle was the worst Veep choice in modern times, yet George HW Bush was elected President in 1988.

Palin may go down as one of the worst decisions for a running mate in modern day history.

Quayle was 100 times better (how sad is that) than Palin ever could or ever would be.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2810043]I'm not sure about that. McCain declined in the polls when Lehman Brothers went belly-up and the economy hit the skids. While I believe both parties share the blame in the economic situation, it's a fact of life that the party in the White House gets the lion share of the blame.

Don't over-estimate the importance of a Veep candidate. IMO, Dan Quayle was the worst Veep choice in modern times, yet George HW Bush was elected President in 1988.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/191280/dkrealvirginiamap.jpg[/IMG]

As a former passport holder in Heimy Town I still root for teams that carry the Heimy Town Logo in their names over teams that are based in the USA.

Going back before the Viet Nam war the Democratic party supported a strong military a sovereign USA that could determine its own future and drag the rest of the world toward a better future willingly or kicking and screaming. Since the anti-war left took over the party there has been a distinct movement away from traditional liberalism coupled with a strong sense of fighting for democracy and rights abroad and strong support for the USA rights to determine its own future toward breaking down the entire concept of sovereignty and giving away our leadership to the Union of Nations.

That is why a large portion of the USA thinks Democrats are not patriotic. When we see the Democratic Congress openly rooting for failure while throwing tax payer money at wars they don't believe in, we think that they might be a tad cynical about what the USA stands for.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 10-19-2008 at 07:41 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2809671]Well, some areas of big cities and surrounding areas which are inhabited by non-citizens or people who consume 10x more in services than they contribute in taxes (if they pay taxes at all). I'd consider those areas not pro-America.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Alaska had the highest rate of households receiving public cash assistance - 6.3 percent - followed by Maine; Washington, D.C.; Oklahoma; and Hawaii.

"A U.S. Department of Health & Human Services survey of 2002 welfare benefits for a family of three lists Alaska and Hawaii with the highest monthly payments nationwide: $923 and $712, respectively. Alabama offered the lowest monthly benefit at $164.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://newsandviewsmyway.blogspot.com/2007/09/floridas-welfare-rate-is-lowest-in.html[/url]