Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AP: Plumber Bad, Ayers Good

[QUOTE=adb280z;2810389]I don't get this guy, he complains about media attention but he goes on various media outlets and then might show up at a campaign stop. If he doesn't want attention then step out of the spotlight.[/QUOTE]
    Obama shows up in man's driveway.

Man asks question.

Obama answers we're going to "spread the wealth", ie. make your success the building blocks for others success. We're not talking about billionaires - Buffett has nothing to fear from Obama, the small businessman does. And handouts are not creating opportunity, just wealth distribution for the "middle class" constituency. You guys talk about inequity gaps? Are you kidding me? Obama would like to slam the door shut.

So the man attacked by media/blogosphere: fraud, tax cheat, Republican plant, Nixon's godson, etc.

And instead of taking it lying down, he airs his side of the story.

Democrats want this storyline buried and their media minions are all too happy to assist.

Wow, you are a desperate dude.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2811413]Obama shows up in man's driveway.

Man asks question.

Obama answers we're going to "spread the wealth", ie. make your success the building blocks for others success. We're not talking about billionaires - Buffett has nothing to fear from Obama, the small businessman does. And handouts are not creating opportunity, just wealth distribution for the "middle class" constituency. You guys talk about inequity gaps? Are you kidding me? Obama would like to slam the door shut.

So the man attacked by media/blogosphere: fraud, tax cheat, Republican plant, Nixon's godson, etc.

Democrats want this storyline buried and their media minions are all too happy to assist.[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2811413]Obama shows up in man's driveway.

Man asks question.

Democrats want this storyline buried and their media minions are all too happy to assist.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Man complains about media attention. Man goes on tv and continues to be interviewed... If I didn't want additional attention I wouldn't give more interviews. It's really simple, don't talk and the reporters will go away.

[QUOTE=adb280z;2813567]Ok. Man complains about media attention. Man goes on tv and continues to be interviewed... If I didn't want additional attention I wouldn't give more interviews. It's really simple, don't talk and the reporters will go away.[/QUOTE]
    Well, I don't think he sought national media attention in the first place, but he was overwhelmed with it - mostly negative buzz and a lot of it untrue. I assume it was rather easy for him to get his story told straight on TV. I think many people would have done the same thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2813627]Well, I don't think he sought national media attention in the first place, but he was overwhelmed with it - mostly negative buzz and a lot of it untrue. I assume it was rather easy for him to get his story told straight on TV. I think many people would have done the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm prepared for it. I'm all set...I hit the Army Navy store yesterday. I'm gonna go to a McCain rally and pretend to be an Iraqi War vet. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to pretend to be ambulatory and sit in a wheelchair...but I will pretend that I was injured by a roadside bomb. I'm going to ask him the tough questions like why he didn't support the recent GI bill that would of let pretend war vet me get more selections in colleges I could attend after I was pretend discharged. I'm going to be pretend outraged by something that will have absolutely no effect on me...like Liar Joe the Plumber.

It should be exciting...we will see how much the national media cares about a regular Joe war vet pretend...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2813632]I'm prepared for it. I'm all set...I hit the Army Navy store yesterday. I'm gonna go to a McCain rally and pretend to be an Iraqi War vet. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to pretend to be ambulatory and sit in a wheelchair...but I will pretend that I was injured by a roadside bomb. I'm going to ask him the tough questions like why he didn't support the recent GI bill that would of let pretend war vet me get more selections in colleges I could attend after I was pretend discharged. I'm going to be pretend outraged by something that will have absolutely no effect on me...like Liar Joe the Plumber.

It should be exciting...we will see how much the national media cares about a regular Joe war vet pretend...[/QUOTE]
    Cool. Maybe you can make fun of McCain for opting to stay with his men when offered a free release from prison camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2813635]Cool. Maybe you can make fun of McCain for opting to stay with his men when offered a free release from prison camp.[/QUOTE]

Why would I do that? That doesn't even make any sense. Is that something a republican would normally do?

Besides, that wouldn't be my job. My job is to pretend to be affected by an issue that has no effect on me...and then I supposed to feign anger at the media for exposing me for the fraud that I am.

You wonder why no one cares what you say anymore. Only AUSA and Deanpats agree with you, so you have that going for you which is nice.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2813635]Cool. Maybe you can make fun of McCain for opting to stay with his men when offered a free release from prison camp.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2810203]Exactly. Would it be cool if I put on some camo from and Army/Navy store, walked up to McCain, pretended to be a Vet and asked him a question about him cutting veterans benefits that I pretended affected me?[/QUOTE]

Kinda like that protester at the RNC? Just kidding.

No, it wouldn't be cool, but I'd still like to hear McCain's response. Debate moderators ask questions on policy that don't necessarily affect the moderator personally, but the candidates still must respond.

[QUOTE=cr726;2813651]You wonder why no one cares what you say anymore. Only AUSA and Deanpats agree with you, so you have that going for you which is nice.[/QUOTE]
    cr - I let your first personal comment (about a few posts up) slide. Now here's your second one.

I suggest you peck at issues, not other posters.

Wow, thanks. I made my comment because your post has nothing to do with what Plumber was talking about, you should start "pecking" on topic.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2813678]cr - I let your first personal comment (about a few posts up) slide. Now here's your second one.

I suggest you peck at issues, not other posters.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2813692]Wow, thanks. I made my comment because your post has nothing to do with what Plumber was talking about, you should start "pecking" on topic.[/QUOTE]
    I try commenting on topics, not other posters - and you know what? I don't have any problems with other posters as individuals, no matter how much we disagree.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2810200]No, no you're not, dude. You're a fraud.

And from what some of your customers have said about you....you shouldn't be called a plumber..[/QUOTE]

This guy isn't even a licensed Plumber. He's talking about making 250 grand a year when he doesn't even own a business and is not in talks to buy a business..The guy stays home during the day and calls conservative radio talk show hosts...That was a set up, and McCain got owned again.

McCain is becoming more and more of a joke!