Thread: Your Opinion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Opinion.

Who would you start?

Peyton Manning at Green Bay (with Al Harris injured, but Woodson not)

-or-

Favre at Oakland (with a lackluster pass defense outside of Asomugha and their top pass rusher out)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Who would you start?

Peyton Manning at Green Bay (with Al Harris injured, but Woodson not)

-or-

Favre at Oakland (with a lackluster pass defense outside of Asomugha and their top pass rusher out)
    I'd rather easily go with Manning. Since the big late 4th quarter comeback against Houston, he has been red hot and the offense seems to have found its rhythm.

It's not like Favre has a home game or anything else to serve as a tiebreaker here, so I would just go with the guy you more likely drafted higher and who seems to be rolling right now in Manning.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, Addai is ruled out for this game. And while they're probably rather confident with the backup Rhodes, maybe they try to rely on Manning more for this one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    Also, Addai is ruled out for this game. And while they're probably rather confident with the backup Rhodes, maybe they try to rely on Manning more for this one.
    Good point. Last week, I played Favre with Cotchery and Keller going for a grand slam in my league against what I thought was a defensively inferior Bengals. Favre cost me a win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Good point. Last week, I played Favre with Cotchery and Keller going for a grand slam in my league against what I thought was a defensively inferior Bengals. Favre cost me a win.
    I clicked on this forum when I saw Equilibrium posting here. Its so interesting that a guy so intelligent plays fantasy football. I would have never guessed it Equilibrium.....

How do you do in Fantasy? Do you lean heavily on statistics? Football outsiders fan? Ive learned the more intelligent the person, the more they make fantasy sports into a science....

Btw, Footballguys.com is a very good place for rankings week to week, updates, and talk.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes View Post
    I clicked on this forum when I saw Equilibrium posting here. Its so interesting that a guy so intelligent plays fantasy football. I would have never guessed it Equilibrium.....

How do you do in Fantasy? Do you lean heavily on statistics? Football outsiders fan? Ive learned the more intelligent the person, the more they make fantasy sports into a science....

Btw, Footballguys.com is a very good place for rankings week to week, updates, and talk.
    Sorry for the delay Kerry, I haven't been on the FF forum in a few days.

This is my first year playing FF. I had been trying for about 7 years off and on to play.

I have developed a fascination with research and analysis since I began a couple of months ago. I now read the local newspapers of the teams my players are on to try to determine potential performance in addition to the regular stuff on line.

My strategy is based on matchups while looking for the overachieving non-popular players to fill in the gaps. I try to look for opposing team rankings, fantasy player performance and those of his teammates involved in their performance, i.e. WR- QB and I read injury reports on starters to see if they are susceptible to injury. For example, I got Pit's Mewelde Moore about a week before Willie Parker was declared out after I read some information in the local paper.

I also prepare lists of players: "dream", "serviceable" and "potential" and run off those options depending on conditions in the league and the players I have.

I am doing well, not great but, well. I am 4-3. But this is due to serious underperfoming players in the first 3 weeks of the season. But I adapted.

Thanks for the tip on footballguys.com, now I have more food for my newfound obsession.