Thread: Obama Launches Own 'Joe The Plumber' Robocall

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama Launches Own 'Joe The Plumber' Robocall

[QUOTE]Barack Obama's campaign is trotting out its own "Joe the Plumber" to counteract efforts by John McCain to make inroads on the white working class vote.

A reader in Colorado sends over word that the state Democratic Party and the Obama camp are blasting out robocalls from "Joe Martinez," a plumber in Colorado who vouches for the Illinois Democrat's tax plan.

A spokesman for the Colorado Democratic Party confirmed the robocall and said he would try to track down audio. The rough script goes like this:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"...During this week's debate, Barack Obama talked about cutting taxes for middle class families like mine, lowering health care costs for everyone and bringing the change we need in Washington. John McCain ignored the issues and used the debate to launch false attacks against Barack Obama. In fact, McCain - for the third debate in a row - didn't even say the words 'middle class'. So, take it from Joe the plumber, if you want a president who will put middle class families first - join me in voting for Barack Obama. Paid for by the Colorado Democratic Party...."[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]The calls are noticeably positive in message compared to those currently being made by the RNC and McCain camp tying Obama to former Weather Underground member Bill Ayers. They also reflect the Obama campaign ethos, which dictates that they compete with their opposition on every political front: even if it means matching an opposition plumber with a plumber of your own.[/QUOTE]

I must say, I like how Obama camp immediately responds to McCain camps nonsense.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 10-18-2008 at 09:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is that if my plumber is making more than 250K, he should be paying more taxes. And if he doesn't like it, let him move to the Cayman Islands. Because if he's declaring 250K, you can be guaranteed he's burying a hell of a lot more in cash and fake losses. People need to wake up and smell the coffee. We all know how small businesses get by.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole thing is stupid and why I hate what politicians have become...

Obama's tax plan deserves criticism, but McCain and that idiot Palin's attempts to cast Joe the Plumber as some everyman about to be taxed more is flat out disingenuous..

As I said in another thread, nitwits in the electorate have taken this slant and run with it (which was the intention), a caller to a Philly area radio program today said she wouldn't vote Obama cause he was going to tax her $42,000 salary even more and give it to lazy people. WTF? Under Obama's plan I don't believe she pays a single penny of income tax (nor will joe the plumber) yet she's not voting Obama cause like Joe the plumber, her welf is gunna be re-distribited

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2809979]This whole thing is stupid and why I hate what politicians have become...

Obama's tax plan deserves criticism, but McCain and that idiot Palin's attempts to cast Joe the Plumber as some everyman about to be taxed more is flat out disingenuous..

As I said in another thread, nitwits in the electorate have taken this slant and run with it (which was the intention), a caller to a Philly area radio program today said she wouldn't vote Obama cause he was going to tax her $42,000 salary even more and give it to lazy people. WTF? Under Obama's plan I don't believe she pays a single penny of income tax (nor will joe the plumber) yet she's not voting Obama cause like Joe the plumber, her welf is gunna be re-distribited[/QUOTE]

+1

I thought robo-calls were illegal anyway. I'd be pissed at anyone send them to me, I don't care what they're selling.