Thread: 2008: The NEW McCarthyism (must see clip)

2008: The NEW McCarthyism (must see clip)

This clip truly is scary for those of you who understand American history of the early 1950's.

To think there are leaders in our government (Bachman, Palin, etc.) who are so completely ignorant to what McCarthyism was is simply mind boggling.

Watch this in its entirety - this happening in 2008 is unfathomable.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbw4pdxVSOg[/url]

When a Tiger comes

Two guys were walking through the jungle. All of a sudden, a tiger appears from a distance, running towards them. One of the guys takes out a pair of "Nikes" from his bag and starts to put them on. The other guy with a surprised look and exclaims, "Do you think you will run faster than the tiger with those?" His friend replies: "I don't have to out run it, I just have to run faster than you." cheap wow power leveling --------------------------------[b]buy [url=http://www.epaxx.com]eq2 plat[/url], [url=http://www.epaxx.com]eq2 gold[/url], [url=http://www.epaxx.com]everquest platinum[/url], [url=http://www.favgames.com/rs-gold/]rs gold[/url], [url=http://www.favgames.com/silkroad-gold/]silkroad gold[/url],[/b]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;2809989]This clip truly is scary for those of you who understand American history of the early 1950's.

To think there are leaders in our government (Bachman, Palin, etc.) who are so completely ignorant to what McCarthyism was is simply mind boggling.

Watch this in its entirety - this happening in 2008 is unfathomable.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbw4pdxVSOg[/url][/QUOTE]

This clip is getting linked on a number of sites and apparently people from all over the country are contributing to her opponent.

Bill Ayers is an American hero.

Veteran
    I like using Russian words (Troika) to describe them too, I wonder if that was planned. :D

What a joke.

I am embarrassed for her constituents.

Saul Alinsky is Obama's mentor? Didn't he die in, like, 1970?

Veteran
    When is Hitler going to endorse Obama?

[QUOTE="McCain's Robo Call"]
    "Hello. I'm calling for John McCain and the RNC because you need to know that Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, whose organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home and killed Americans,"
    [/QUOTE]

Is any part of that statement untrue?

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2813903]Is any part of that statement untrue?[/QUOTE]

Literally untrue? Maybe not, although there are major tense issues because it reads as if Ayers' [B]current [/B]organization bombed the pentagon, which is false.

It's also a dubious claim to say they worked "closely" together, as sitting on boards that meet 4-6 times a year is not particularly "close" by my estimation.

So perhaps it is literally true, but it is clearly misleading and intended to be misleading.

Wow!! This is one scary woman. Whats even more scary is that there are pople who actually voted her in. Is she serously suggesting that we open an investigation to see which members of congress are "pro-america" and which ones are "anti-america"- whatever that means???

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2813932]Literally untrue? Maybe not, although there are major tense issues because it reads as if Ayers' [B]current [/B]organization bombed the pentagon, which is false.

It's also a dubious claim to say they worked "closely" together, as sitting on boards that meet 4-6 times a year is not particularly "close" by my estimation.

[B]So perhaps it is literally true, but it is clearly misleading and intended to be misleading[/B].[/QUOTE]

So is the suggestion that they were "palling around". This suggests that they had some kind of social relationship which there is no evidence they did.

Funny, no one seems to bring up some of McCains Dubious associations ie: Charles Keating, John Singlaub, John Hagee, Jim Helmsley, Jerry Falwell, association with the ultra right-wing racist/anti-semite group U.S. Council for World Freedom, G.Gordon Liddy etc..... People should think twice before throwing stones in glass houses. Of course when you are desperate like McCain, and stones are all you have.....thats what you do.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2813932]Literally untrue? Maybe not, although there are major tense issues because it reads as if Ayers' [B]current [/B]organization bombed the pentagon, which is false.

So perhaps it is literally true, but it is clearly misleading and intended to be misleading.[/QUOTE]

Well, I instantly hang up on anything other than a real human voice, but that's just me. So, I never would've heard any of this message if it weren't for our media friends who are so outraged. Can you imagine if the media actually tried to smear a candidate? And, can you imagine if they did so with forged documents? :eek:

[quote]This clip is getting linked on a number of sites and apparently people from all over the country are contributing to her opponent.[/quote]

i sent [URL="https://services.myngp.com/ngponlineservices/contribution.aspx?X=pEWjYFU42cf0ZVvT8kkgyg5bv//5KbmvYjM1pvRKsAg="]elwyn tinklenberg[/URL] fifty dollars a couple days ago to try and help unseat one of the worst people in american politics. i know my fifty won't make a legitimate difference in his campaign (which would succeed or fail without me), but it gives a nice warm fuzzy feeling.
    Last edited by Ciaran; 10-20-2008 at 11:50 AM.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2813878]I am embarrassed for her constituents.

Saul Alinsky is Obama's mentor? Didn't he die in, like, 1970?[/QUOTE]

I am not, I voted for her the last time and I will vote for her again. She is entitled to her opinion. She doesn't hold back on anything.

the title of this thread used the term mccarthyism. well, much as this term has been used to describe the overzealous approach to finding something out the plain fact was that mccarthy was right in more instances than people are led to believe. the fact is that there was a significant communist movement in this country during the 50's (and it is probably still here just not very pc to be a commie) and a number of people found out by mccarthy were conspiring to overthrow the government. the rosenbergs were guilty as hell as was alger hiss. many hollywood types were also parts of the whole scene.

now maybe mccarthy went over the top but he also showed a heck of a lot more courage than most of our current congressional leaders. these guys will do anything as long as it helps them get reelected. imagine the guy who held the bailout bill hostage until he had his bicycle subsidy thrown in. imagine that.

as for ayers and obama. maybe the message if taken figuratively is quite right but obama's ties to ayers are way more than a casual acquaintance. and that's the point. obama seems to have a whole host of these acquiantances like rev wright and tony rezko and acorn that look very innocent until the whole magnitude of the association becomes known.

ayers was nothing more than a rich kid cockroach who thought that he could overthrow this country by violence. he should not be held up as an example of anyhing. that he is employed (including his wife) when so many other aren't is very troubling. he did not pay for his crimes either with jail or money. he got off on a technicality. amazing that the same country who he was trying to destroy set him free. think he would have gotten the same deal in his beloved russia or his commie utopia? i doubt it highly.

All League
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2814521]I am not, I voted for her the last time and I will vote for her again. She is entitled to her opinion. She doesn't hold back on anything.[/QUOTE]

After watching her for the first time in that video, I'm entitled to my opinion that Bachman is a F^cking idiot!

I'm neither pro- nor con- Obama, but her rationale and redundancy is elementary at best and, the really sad part is, she epitomizes my concerns as to what Palin and other "Hockey moms" represent: Rah -Rah cheerleaders who shout the party lines but can't back it up with substantive rationale.
    Last edited by Gas2No99; 10-20-2008 at 06:27 PM.