Thread: Mexes is Milan's main target

Mexes is Milan's main target

Milan Continue To Pursue Mexes
    Milan are desperate to secure the signature of Roma and France international defender Philippe Mexes, according to reports.

Whether inspired by their lack of trust in Philippe Senderos, or worried over the ageing back-line at the San Siro, Milan seem to be on the market for a quality centre-back that can hold the defence together. Alessandro Nesta has recently returned to fitness, but the nature of his back injury means that a relapse is a distinct possibility, and cover is a very important necessity.

Paolo Maldini has stated that he is retiring at the end of the season, leaving more gaps at the back to be filled, while injuries to Khaka Kaladze and Senderos have kept them from featuring prominently so far this term.

It is reported that the Rossoneri are prepared to offer 15 million euros for the Frenchman, as well as the contract of either Daniele Bonera, Marek Jankulovski, or maybe even Yoann Gourcuff, who has done phenomenally well since his loan move to Bordeaux.

The inclusion of the French youngster dubbed the 'new Zidane' may sweeten the pot enough to convince the capital club to release the central defender and send him off to meet his new Rossoneri team mates in January.

As a fan of the Serie A, I get to see Mexes play once in a while in the occasional Roma match that airs in the US. He looks like a great defender, but I don't know much else about him. I thought I heard about his behavioral problems once, but I could be confusing him with someone else.

He would be a good addition, but I wouldn't give up Bonera or Gourcuff for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    As a fan of the Serie A, I get to see Mexes play once in a while in the occasional Roma match that airs in the US. He looks like a great defender, but I don't know much else about him. I thought I heard about his behavioral problems once, but I could be confusing him with someone else.

He would be a good addition, but I wouldn't give up Bonera or Gourcuff for him.
    He's somewhat of a hothead. Has feuded with coaches in the past.

He has TOTALLY screwed his chances with the national team. He wasn't taken for the Euro, during which I defense sucked. Domenech was blasted for it in the press, begging him to take Mexes.

First game against Autria he was HORRIBLE. I doubt he'll be called back anytime soon.

I think he's a great Serie A player.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    He's somewhat of a hothead. Has feuded with coaches in the past.

He has TOTALLY screwed his chances with the national team. He wasn't taken for the Euro, during which I defense sucked. Domenech was blasted for it in the press, begging him to take Mexes.

First game against Autria he was HORRIBLE. I doubt he'll be called back anytime soon.

I think he's a great Serie A player.
    What's his problem? Temper, lazy, arrogant?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    What's his problem? Temper, lazy, arrogant?
    I think he tries to do too much and becomes Jet Li when he plays for France, for Milan he'd be a great pick up IMO.