What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife
    after a severe disfiguring car accident, when she no longer
    measured up to his standards?

What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a
    long affair while he was still married?

What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became
    addicted to pain killers but also acquired them illegally
    through her charitable organization?

What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five?

What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

What if Obama couldn't read from a teleprompter?

What if Obama was the one who had military experience that
    included discipline problems and a record of crashing seven
    planes?

What if Obama was the one who was known to display publicly,
    on many occasions, a serious anger management problem?

What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money from
    beer distribution?

What if the Obamas had adopted a white child?

What if the Jets won the Super Bowl in my lifetime?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Hmm.. I suspect all of the claims of bias in the press would have some more merit.. ;)

I must be off my game.....I'm missing your point Bit.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2814532]I must be off my game.....I'm missing your point Bit.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either.

Really?

[QUOTE=pauliec;2814581]I don't get it either.[/QUOTE]

You have officially become a Rightwinger.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2814532]I must be off my game.....I'm missing your point Bit.[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

In today's political world, only new and fresh scandals count. McCain's womanizing in the 70's is old news - as is the Keating 5. Works the same with Biden's plagerism.

Stuff that comes out about both Palin and Obama is new ground, so its considered relevant, rightly or wrongly. Is John Edwards any worse than John McCain for cheating on his wife? No, but its a new story, so people get excited over it.

[QUOTE=cr726;2814602]You have officially become a Rightwinger.[/QUOTE]

If you say so. I'd be happy if someone could just explain the point.....

If it's just pointing out the Hypocricy of Partisan Politics, great. Not exactly news, but great. Like "What if McCain was political friends with a Guy who bombed Abortion Clinincs, and claimed on 9/11 he didn't bomb enough?" or "What if McCain were the protegee of an Extremist Minister whos rhetoric could be interprited as hateful towards the US, and racist to boot?"

Most of those listed are "One side ignored/supports, the other Attacks" issues. Reverse them, as the post suggets, and you can simply reverse who supports and who attacks, the ends result is the same.
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-20-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Where was the outrage about Palin's lack of ethics?

[QUOTE=crasherino;2814607]In today's political world, only new and fresh scandals count. McCain's womanizing in the 70's is old news - as is the Keating 5. Works the same with Biden's plagerism.

Stuff that comes out about both Palin and Obama is new ground, so its considered relevant, rightly or wrongly. Is John Edwards any worse than John McCain for cheating on his wife? No, but its a new story, so people get excited over it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2814617]Where was the outrage about Palin's lack of ethics?[/QUOTE]

For the issue in question, not everyone agrees her ethics were wrong.

Hell, I despise Palin as a candidate, think (and have said often here) that she was a pandering choice, and a horrible one at that, almost the worst possible choice.

But I don't think firing her Ethics over "troopergate" to be that bad, personally.

What if there wasn't a really REALLY unpopular president in office?

She was found to be guilty of ethics violations and it was a bipartisan group who did the investigation.
    Look into it a little more and you will see, Palin made it personal.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2814626]For the issue in question, not everyone agrees her ethics were wrong.

Hell, I despise Palin as a candidate, think (and have said often here) that she was a pandering choice, and a horrible one at that, almost the worst possible choice.

But I don't think firing her Ethics over "troopergate" to be that bad, personally.[/QUOTE]

I was joking with you.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2814611]If you say so. I'd be happy if someone could just explain the point.....

If it's just pointing out the Hypocricy of Partisan Politics, great. Not exactly news, but great. Like "What if McCain was political friends with a Guy who bombed Abortion Clinincs, and claimed on 9/11 he didn't bomb enough?" or "What if McCain were the protegee of an Extremist Minister whos rhetoric could be interprited as hateful towards the US, and racist to boot?"

Most of those listed are "One side ignored/supports, the other Attacks" issues. Reverse them, as the post suggets, and you can simply reverse who supports and who attacks, the ends result is the same.[/QUOTE]

What if Obama had voted for the surge and McCain didn't?

[QUOTE=cr726;2814636]She was found to be guilty of ethics violations and it was a bipartisan group who did the investigation.
    Look into it a little more and you will see, Palin made it personal.[/QUOTE]

Yep, guilty.....with NO repurcussions whatsoever. No further investigation, no criminal charges, no removal from office, nothing whatsoever. Sounds like a pretty weak "guilt" to me.

Kinda like Jon McCain and the Keating 5, a purely political slap-on-the-wrist designed to ensure it wasn't only dems talking the fall at that time, that folks try awful hard to make into something more now.

Sorry CR, Palin flat out sucks....but not becuase of Troopergate.

what if [i]mccain[/i] was a secret muslim?

daaaaamn.

[QUOTE=cr726;2814643]I was joking with you.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, right over my head then......not the best time for humour, really. Tensions and all that.:(

[QUOTE=Ciaran;2814657]what if [i]mccain[/i] was a secret muslim?

daaaaamn.[/QUOTE]

You mean he isn't?

I think people forget what standard public servants are "suppose" to be held to.
    As a federal agent if I am found of a in house investigation of ethics violations, guess what I am no longer capable of carrying out my full duties. I am not criminally charged though, do you understand what I am talking about?

McCain was reprimanded for poor judgement and that let the voters know of his activities and they chose to vote to keep him anyway.

I agree with people having issues with Obama's relationship with Ayres, but to pretend Palin's actions are not serious is ridiculous.

GW will go down as one of the worst Presidents, largely due to his appointments. McCain's 1st appointment was a bad one and it cost him dearly.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2814655]Yep, guilty.....with NO repurcussions whatsoever. No further investigation, no criminal charges, no removal from office, nothing whatsoever. Sounds like a pretty weak "guilt" to me.

Kinda like Jon McCain and the Keating 5, a purely political slap-on-the-wrist designed to ensure it wasn't only dems talking the fall at that time, that folks try awful hard to make into something more now.

Sorry CR, Palin flat out sucks....but not becuase of Troopergate.[/QUOTE]