Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what if

[QUOTE=cr726;2814636]She was found to be guilty of ethics violations and it was a bipartisan group who did the investigation.
    Look into it a little more and you will see, Palin made it personal.[/QUOTE]

nobody cares that it was personal if the motive was just....there's plenty to go after Palin for..troopergate is chicken sh*t

Veteran
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2814491]
    What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money from
    beer distribution?[/QUOTE]

How is this a bad thing?

Though I have to say this partisan stuff is nowhere near as much fun as it used to be. I don't know if it's due to the financial crisis or the fact that we've been inundated with political coverage for the past 14 months... but no one really seems to be into it anymore.

Even my horribly liberal roommate can only reply with a "who cares? [McCain] is not going to win anyway" whenever I try to provoke him. It's sad.

I guess you like working for someone who is more concerned about personal vendettas than doing her job?

[url]http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=reports_pigbook2008porkpercap[/url]

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2814729]nobody cares that it was personal if the motive was just....there's plenty to go after Palin for..troopergate is chicken sh*t[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Warfish;2814655]Yep, guilty.....with NO repurcussions whatsoever. No further investigation, no criminal charges, no removal from office, nothing whatsoever. Sounds like a pretty weak "guilt" to me.

Kinda like Jon McCain and the Keating 5, a purely political slap-on-the-wrist designed to ensure it wasn't only dems talking the fall at that time, that folks try awful hard to make into something more now.

Sorry CR, Palin flat out sucks....but not becuase of Troopergate.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, with Palin, there are so many things to criticize her for that no one individual criticism really sticks.

If a bipartisan ethics panel came down on any of the three other candidates in the same fashion, it would have been a much bigger deal. But, with Palin, there is a constant barrage of sh!t thrown her way that anything additional falls on deaf ears.

Not that I think TrooperGate is the biggest deal in the world, but you can be sure that if Palin turned out to be the darkhorse that McCain hoped she'd be, it would be a made into a much bigger deal.

This is where Palin shows how clueless she truly is, why come out swinging and pretending to be above the rest? Maybe tell your handlers the truth and do not come out holier than thou.

[QUOTE=crasherino;2814746]Honestly, with Palin, there are so many things to criticize her for that no one individual criticism really sticks.

If a bipartisan ethics panel came down on any of the three other candidates in the same fashion, it would have been a much bigger deal. But, with Palin, there is a constant barrage of sh!t thrown her way that anything additional falls on deaf ears.

Not that I think TrooperGate is the biggest deal in the world, but you can be sure that if Palin turned out to be the darkhorse that McCain hoped she'd be, it would be a made into a much bigger deal.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2814745]I guess you like working for someone who is more concerned about personal vendettas than doing her job?

[url]http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=reports_pigbook2008porkpercap[/url][/QUOTE]

Nope, didn't say that....though without having spent any real time watching Congress operate, I'd bet that personal vendettas play a huge role in politics, on both sides of the spectrum. Her brother in law was a dip sh*t, who really cares

That is why he was suspended, but the Commissioner paid the price and remember who replaced him, right?

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2814753]Nope, didn't say that....though without having spent any real time watching Congress operate, I'd bet that personal vendettas play a huge role in politics, on both sides of the spectrum. Her brother in law was a dip sh*t, who really cares[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=crasherino;2814746]Honestly, with Palin, there are so many things to criticize her for that no one individual criticism really sticks.

Not that I think TrooperGate is the biggest deal in the world, but you can be sure that if Palin turned out to be the darkhorse that McCain hoped she'd be, it would be a made into a much bigger deal.[/QUOTE]

Good post Crash. Maybe thats what it is for me. Palin is such a bad choice as I see it, that Troopergate, even if it was what some claim, is just one rotten egg in a big ol' carton of rotton eggs.

I've read up enough on the trooper situation to know that the trooper in question absolutely warranted termination. No question in my mind. The fact that there were personal ties, and office politics, and on and on doesn;t change that core truth....the trooper seems (from reports) to be a real ass, and deserved to be canned.

So it's not liek I support Palinn, far from it, but as well as the "tired of it all" vibe expressed above you by another poster, I just can't rise all that far for this particular political bait.

If Wooten deserved to be terminated he would of been. He was reprimanded right?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2814786]Good post Crash. Maybe thats what it is for me. Palin is such a bad choice as I see it, that Troopergate, even if it was what some claim, is just one rotten egg in a big ol' carton of rotton eggs.

I've read up enough on the trooper situation to know that the trooper in question absolutely warranted termination. No question in my mind. The fact that there were personal ties, and office politics, and on and on doesn;t change that core truth....the trooper seems (from reports) to be a real ass, and deserved to be canned.

So it's not liek I support Palinn, far from it, but as well as the "tired of it all" vibe expressed above you by another poster, I just can't rise all that far for this particular political bait.[/QUOTE]

If Barack Obama ran his unwed pregnant 17 year old daughter onto the stage with her black boyfriend like the Palin family did... this election would of been over 3 the months ago. I have nothing against Mr. and Mrs. Palin, I'm sure they are great parents... you can't be around your children 24 hours of the day, but if Barack Obama was in their shoes... no ****ing way that goes away. Barack Obama is the perfect black candidate, just like Jackie Robinson was the perfect player to break the color barrier.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 10-20-2008 at 05:37 PM.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2814806]If Barack Obama ran his unwed pregnant 17 year old daughter onto the stage with her black boyfriend... this election would of been over 3 the months ago.[/QUOTE]

You just described Obama's mother.

For starters, What if McCain went to a church only with a white pastor who spoke about blacks the way Wright speaks about whites?