Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: OT:JI Soap Opera II The Soccer (Futbol) Forum...

  1. #41
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    From the looks of it not for long...

    No, I won't go with you guys...I'm from SF...don't look at me like that...

  2. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I seem to remember also when I went to Istanbul seeing men holding hands together in the streets. I shrugged it off as a cultural thing...

    just sayin'

    I've set myself up, fire away
    were they speaking french?




    I know it was weak but I got nuthin else....nuthin ı tellya...

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Actually one of my friends is a Euro Italian-America. He goes to Italy a lot, and speaks Italian fluently. His clothes are often confused for girls' clothes.

    And yeah, you're right, the French are just sissies. Here's the national battle flag of France:

    Geez, you surrender one itsy bitsy time and collabarate with Nazis and you get a reputation forever.

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    were they speaking french?




    I know it was weak but I got nuthin else....nuthin ı tellya...
    I wasn't being sarcastic. Well, I think it's very gay, but I saw it all over the city.

    It's a cultural thing right? DO you hold your buddy's hand in the street?

  5. #45
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I wasn't being sarcastic. Well, I think it's very gay, but I saw it all over the city.

    It's a cultural thing right? DO you hold your buddy's hand in the street?
    The only thing I know about Turkish culture comes from the James Bond classic, "From Russia with Love."

    In it, Bond travels to Turkey to a friend's house and finds this big party, where these two women are fighting over the same bachelor. To settle it, the women have to fight to the death. Bond breaks up the fight, and has sex with both.

    Sounds like a great culture to me.

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    The only thing I know about Turkish culture comes from the James Bond classic, "From Russia with Love."

    In it, Bond travels to Turkey to a friend's house and finds this big party, where these two women are fighting over the same bachelor. To settle it, the women have to fight to the death. Bond breaks up the fight, and has sex with both.

    Sounds like a great culture to me.
    This is as real as it gets folks , with only a minor adjustment to make the movie more appropriate for general public. I have 2 women at home full time just waitinf for my friends to come over but we are not a violant peoples so the part about fighting is not true, instead they have a licking contest and who ever wins is more ready to please the foreign guest...

    About the other thing I wouldn't say it's a cultural thing and everbody does it but I wouldn't consider it weird to see on the streets. One thing foreigners do find very weird is the kiss on the cheek to greet someone, that's more common and it usually gets more of a reaction from the likes of yous...

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    One thing foreigners do find very weird is the kiss on the cheek to greet someone, that's more common and it usually gets more of a reaction from the likes of yous...
    The kiss on the cheeks was the retort I was expecting for me. It's very French.

  8. #48
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    This is as real as it gets folks , with only a minor adjustment to make the movie more appropriate for general public. I have 2 women at home full time just waitinf for my friends to come over but we are not a violant peoples so the part about fighting is not true, instead they have a licking contest and who ever wins is more ready to please the foreign guest...
    LOL

  9. #49
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Now, now. Jdub is good peeps.

    ....and we now have him by the balls. We have proof he visits the Soccer Forum. Wait till his big tough guy friends on the Landing Strip here about this ...BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!
    lol...was this about a month ago, first time back

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I just learned about what was going on outside, in the spirit of good old fashined hooliganizm we should have some interwebz fights in here also...

    So anyone wanna pick a fight...

    Damn we can't even have a nice little interwebz fight with only 2 people and a parttimer...

    Yeah Italian tough guy I'm callin you a parttimer whaddya gona do about it...

    over/under on the number of months a mod peeps in and notices this thread: 4 months

    Hey I never saw this forumn before. Why is Football spelled wrong?

    Anyhow I resent the presumption that all Italian people are tuff guys. I happen to be a very happy go lucky person of Italian descent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us