Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ***08-09 Knicks Season Thread***

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

***08-09 Knicks Season Thread***

Knicks opening up next Wednesday at the Garden against the Heat. Should be another long season, but I'm pumped to see the start of the post-Isiah era. I guess we can chat about the games here. Here's the complete team schedule:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/schedule/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing the starting 5 will be:

C-Curry
    PF-Lee
    PG-Duhon
    SF-Richardson-But it can also be Chandler, who D'Antoni really likes.
    SG-Crawford

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post

C-Curry
    PF-Lee
    PG-Duhon
    SG-Crawford
    I'm hoping it's Chandler. I'd like to see the young kid get a shot at the starting lineup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

C-Curry
    PF-Lee
    PG-Duhon
    SG-Crawford
    The BEST news for Knick fans. Maybe this lazy stiff will finally wake up!!!

"The more striking news was that Eddy Curry, another former starter, might not make the rotation at all.

D’Antoni left Curry on the bench for the entire game and afterward indicated that Curry had not earned the playing time.

“He is going to have to play better than what he’s shown me,” D’Antoni said. “He is going to have to pick it up. He is going to have to pick up his training. I’m going to start settling into rotations, and it could be that way

“The door is never closed, but at the same time we’re not going to lower anything that we do down to anybody. They’re going to have to come up to us. And if they want to play, then I think they know where they got to go.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/22/sp...ts&oref=slogin
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-22-2008 at 09:11 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

C-Curry
    PF-Lee
    PG-Duhon
    SG-Crawford
    Curry will never take off his warm ups.

Crawford is ****ed in the system and Marbury may see some time at the 2.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post

Crawford's already crying, which is dissapointing. I'm pleasantly surprised with Marbury's attitude, Randolph's as well.

I think Nate and Lee are going to get extensive playing time for the first half of the season in an effort to make them as valuable as possible in any trade packages. Walsh declined yesterday to extend both and is going to let them test the RFA market (which is a great move IMO), and with the way the cap is, probably won't match whatever teams overpay for them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post

Eddy Curry is a big fat joke. I really wouldn't mind never seeing this guy set foot on a basketball court again.

Crawford is f'd in D'Antoni's system for the same reason he's never been on a team that's won 40 games, he's a one on one player who has to create his own shot. Crawford is a ball-hog who doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound and Walsh should have traded him this past summer for an expiring contract. Maybe he can still do that and if that's the case he should.

This is the starting lineup I want to see:

PG: Duhon
    SG: Richardson (fits in well with D'Antoni's system)
    SF: Chandler (good defender and up and coming player, has to start)
    PF: Randolph (gives you points and rebounds in the paint)
    C: Lee (same thing as Randolph)

I want to see the 8-man rotation rounded out with Marbury, Gallinari or Jeffries (whoever is healthy), and Patrick Ewing Jr. coming off the bench. They won't make the playoffs but they can win around 35 games this year at least.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Eddy Curry is a big fat joke. I really wouldn't mind never seeing this guy set foot on a basketball court again.

Crawford is f'd in D'Antoni's system for the same reason he's never been on a team that's won 40 games, he's a one on one player who has to create his own shot. Crawford is a ball-hog who doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound and Walsh should have traded him this past summer for an expiring contract. Maybe he can still do that and if that's the case he should.

This is the starting lineup I want to see:

PG: Duhon
    SG: Richardson (fits in well with D'Antoni's system)
    SF: Chandler (good defender and up and coming player, has to start)
    PF: Randolph (gives you points and rebounds in the paint)
    C: Lee (same thing as Randolph)

I want to see the 8-man rotation rounded out with Marbury, Gallinari or Jeffries (whoever is healthy), and Patrick Ewing Jr. coming off the bench. They won't make the playoffs but they can win around 35 games this year at least.
    My guess is this team will be in the 30-33 win range. It sucks, but I'm just happy to see a new regime in here that is trying to cut out all the cancers on this team. I'm very pleased that D'Antoni doesn't care about all the bull**** with Marbury, Curry, etc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    My guess is this team will be in the 30-33 win range. It sucks, but I'm just happy to see a new regime in here that is trying to cut out all the cancers on this team. I'm very pleased that D'Antoni doesn't care about all the bull**** with Marbury, Curry, etc.
    The Knicks might actually be fun to watch this year playing in D'Antoni's system. Watching them in the preseason I see that it suits alot of their players - Crawford being the exception.

Marbury is gone after this year. Glad to see Walsh knows what he's doing. If Isiah or Layden was the GM Marbury would either be getting an extension or traded for a bum like Ben Gordon. Let Steph play out his contract and soon enough we'll be under the cap going after Lebron.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    The Knicks might actually be fun to watch this year playing in D'Antoni's system. Watching them in the preseason I see that it suits alot of their players - Crawford being the exception.

Marbury is gone after this year. Glad to see Walsh knows what he's doing. If Isiah or Layden was the GM Marbury would either be getting an extension or traded for a bum like Ben Gordon. Let Steph play out his contract and soon enough we'll be under the cap going after Lebron.
    It will definitely be more watchable than last year, I'll give you that much.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh... My knicks, my lovely Knickerbockers.

Going to be hella fun to watch on offense but my oh my it will be painful watching this team play defense.

PG- Duhon is decent. His three point shooting has looked solid during the preseason and his A/T increased as the pre season went on. He also surprised me with his rebounding, very solid. His defense which is his bread and butter looked suspect at times especially against real quick guards, Rondo and Harris.

Nate the Great- Oh my, he was a beast on both sides of the ball. Non stop ball pressure, he ran the offense solidly when asked and scored at will in D'Antoni's system. He'll have a great year barring injury.

Marbury looked real sharp and finished real strong at the basket. He's a headcase though, we need to cut ties but I understand Walsh doesn't want to get rid of a 20M dollar expiring.

Collins, really surprised me with his offense. He always rebounded and plays good defense but he looked very strong. Finished well at the basket and that ugly ass shot was going in from 3 point land.

Roberson, only here because his contract is guaranteed. He shot like crap when I saw him play in preseason which is why he is here, to shoot.

SG - Crawford looked out of wack most of the preseason. His defense is atrocious and he couldn't made plays without the ball. He looked real good though in the last game offensively. He absolutely is worthless defensively and long rebounding.

Sf- Q Brick, this bum ass POS needs to go. Even with his weighht loss, he has no lateral movement and he could never shoot the 3. He was a product of steve nash and high volume shooting. Only thing he can do good is rebound but he STINKS.

Gallo- Can't wait to see this guy play.

PF- DLee looked very improved offensively. Defensively he tries but he is undersized and lacks speed, so ya he stinks on defense. Rebounding machine and a GREAT passer for a big man. I really liked the consistent 15 footer he showed though.

Wilson Chandler - Remember the Name. That is all.

Malik Rose - someone cut this bum.

Jeffries- reports said he looked good and was probably going to be the starter at center but injury.

C- ZBo. Looked real good and motivated. He can score, he can rebound and he is a surprisingly good passer. He stinks on defense like everyone else on this team and we have no one to protect the paint.

Curry- Worst trade in NY sports history.

James- Cookies, Big Snacks, Big Rome, whatever you call him, useless.

I don't expect more then 35 wins this year. We will stink but it will be fun to watch at the very least.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post, JV. I can't really disagree with any of that. I'm hoping Nate has a big year. I have been down on him for a while now. Anyway, it should definitely be a much more watch-able team than last year, so I'm happy about that. Overall, I think the defense is just going to kill them in the end and I see them winning 33 games at the most.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    P-EW-II was cut

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    P-EW-II was cut
    Not surprised.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the opener is tonight at the Garden. The Post-Isiah Era begins...
    LET'S GO KNICKS!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice start.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    knicks not looking that bad ,we actually got some heart

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solid first half from the Knicks, up 60 to 45.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Happy with what I saw in the First Half

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    David Lee for President!!!