Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Outfitgate" The Great Palin Wardrobe Contoversy Discussion 2008 (Merged x1)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much does it cost to fire up the Hope Jet and fly an entourage to Hawaii?

Just curious.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2819797]yes it was. He had higher than average demand for people to see him speak, and he upgraded the size and scope of venue. That's a legitimate campaign expense. [B]He served the people with that expense. [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

Whoa. I think I just got whiplash from all that spin.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2819708]Look, in a world where we have buckets of legitimate qualification, communication, understanding and policy issues to beat up Palin for, [B]in an election Obama has already all but won, it reeks of something stinky and unpleasant that some folks still feel the need to lower themselves to these types of clearly hypocritical attacks[/B].[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No sweat. Obama has a Universal Shoe plan in the works. Free shoes for everyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2819743]/points at Bit.

/Laughs.

:rolleyes:

In the future Bit, thats all we need from you if you have nothing of worth to say.[/QUOTE]

you should moderate yourself for personally attacking me

oh wait you don't actually respect the rules of the forum.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strange that someone took a photo with the soles of those shoes in focus.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eric1520;2819739]Let me guess what this means. Obama MUST know what is better for the economy right?[/QUOTE]

Right now I trust my dog more with the economy than the republicans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2819815]How much does it cost to fire up the Hope Jet and fly an entourage to Hawaii?

Just curious.[/QUOTE]

this is a fair question

but there is no indication obama used campaign funds to fly to hawaii for personal reasons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He must really love those shoes. Kind of like the sneakers I can't give up.

Anyway, if he can scrape some money together maybe he can get those shoes resoled again.

Oh, by the way, anyone know who paid for Obama's education?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2819853]He must really love those shoes. Kind of like the sneakers I can't give up.

Anyway, if he can scrape some money together maybe he can get those shoes resoled again.

Oh, by the way, anyone know who paid for Obama's education?[/QUOTE]

ACORN?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2819846]Right now I trust my dog more with the economy than the republicans.[/QUOTE]

You're right, the Democrats are doing a truly excellent job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    shop baby shop!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just staggered by the price tag. Leave the political implications aside...how do you spend 150k on clothes in less than two months? I could see it if there were expensive watches and jewelry thrown in (I'm assuming that's not the case here cuz that would be in really poor taste). I think most of us would consider a one thousand dollar outfit a pretty expensive outfit. Now imagine buying 150 of them. :eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2819853]
    Oh, by the way, anyone know who paid for Obama's education?[/QUOTE]

He did, via student loans, like most people.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much is the DNC paying for the private jet that's flying Obama to go visit his grandmother?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2819764]I'll deal with the dysfunction first: When your two eldest kids in this day and age have no plans for college and who aren't skilled craftsmen, you have dysfunctional kids, period. That's well below average for any sort of professional, upwardly mobile family. All of this is fine, but you cannot run for office on the strength of your morals & family without making this sort of thing subject to some public evaluation.

[/QUOTE]
    It is not only no plans for college, but I think they did not finish high school either. I know the older son was a hockey player and he was sent to the lower 48 to go to a high school and play hockey but he quite with a year left and joined the Army.

I think the older daughter dropped out when she got pregnant and her boyfriend dropped out also.

In the grand scheme of dysfunction, Palin's kids are distinctly middle-of-the-road-average? I think not.

Of course this has nothing to do with Palin's qualifications as VP. Jon Stewart sent a correspondent to Wasilla. Of course it was a comedic sketch but the place does not seem too cool. They interviewed the current Mayor and she had a hard time telling what the Mayor even does. It has the reputation of being the crystal meth capital of Alaska, and the rape rate for Alaska is the highest in the nation.

If you want to watch it you can here
    [URL="http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=188638&title=Understanding-Real-America-in-Wasilla"]http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=188638&title=Understanding-Real-America-in-Wasilla[/URL]

It really makes one wonder what McCain was thinking when he picked her. Also for him to say she is the most qualified VP candidate this country has seen in recent history just strains McCain's credibility. It's not wonder he is diving in the polls.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    look, i think i'm on record elsewhere in this forum that i don't think palin is at all qualified - for starters, i find her inability to memorize more than a handful of one-liners (on topics outside of energy) a sign of an alarmingly low level of intelligence for a VP, considering the 2-3 days of education and drilling she must have undergone.

that said, you pluck someone out of relative obscurity and put her on that stage, and she's gonna need some new clothes. especially a woman (not a sexist statement, but the reality of the cost of what she has to do/wear vs. the cost of a dozen new suits, even very good ones).

if you want to point fingers at that, point them at the system we've all helped to create. i hate to say it, but it's all too appropriate here: don't hate the player, hate the game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2819832]you should moderate yourself for personally attacking me

oh wait you don't actually respect the rules of the forum.[/QUOTE]

What, laughing at your opinion is a "personal attack"? Awful sensative these days, ain't ya Bit?

One would think, for a guy about to get the Trifecta-O-Democrat Rule that he always wanted, you'd be far more happy and far less.....

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2819951]

It really makes one wonder what McCain was thinking when he picked her. Also for him to say she is the most qualified VP candidate this country has seen in recent history just strains McCain's credibility. It's not wonder he is diving in the polls.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to see such a fair minded Liberal like yourself attacking someone's family and using Comedy central as a reliable news source. Yet the Man of Change picks a old white guy whose a Gaff machine what a great choice..:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2819946]How much is the DNC paying for the private jet that's flying Obama to go visit his grandmother?[/QUOTE]

Obama isn't running his campaign on the fact that he is a hockey mom, Joe six-pack, Jane winebox.