Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Outfitgate" The Great Palin Wardrobe Contoversy Discussion 2008 (Merged x1)

All Pro

"Outfitgate" The Great Palin Wardrobe Contoversy Discussion 2008 (Merged x1)

...hair, and makeovers in the two months since she's been nominated. The 150 thousand was paid for by the Republican National Committee.

[QUOTE]Expensive Wardrobe Goes Against McCain-Palin Story Line

By Robin Givhan
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008; 4:10 PM

If politicos weren't so snide and dismissive of fashionistas, the McCain-Palin campaign wouldn't be in the awkward position of having to explain the $150,000 tab for shopping trips, hairstyling and beauty makeovers for Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

How do you sell someone as a no-frills hockey mom who sold the state plane, fired the official cook and turned down travel per diems for her family and then try to explain wardrobing her in clothes from Neiman Marcus -- a store occasionally referred to by aggrieved, frugal shoppers as Needless Markup? How do you, in barely two months, lavish her with fashion swag worthy of a starlet and valued at more than her annual governor's salary of $125,000? [/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/22/AR2008102202187.html?hpid=artslot"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/22/AR2008102202187.html?hpid=artslot[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    imo this is silly...

Who cares, anyone that actually believes that she's some kind of joe everywoman and is surprised by this needs their head examined.. (and iI know that's not you Bushy, so my comments were not directed at you)
    Last edited by CTM; 10-22-2008 at 09:12 PM.

That would be true if she didn't come out and talk about how she is against waste and is just a hockey mom etc.

I won't even get into her going back and trying to hide she made the state of Alaska pay for her kiddies to travel.

She honestly thinks she is a Queen.

[QUOTE=CTM;2819007]imo this is silly...

Who cares, anyone that actually believes that she's some kind of joe everywoman and is surprised by this needs their head examined..[/QUOTE]

All League
    nodoby cares!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2819010]That would be true if she didn't come out and talk about how she is against waste and is just a hockey mom etc.

I won't even get into her going back and trying to hide she made the state of Alaska pay for her kiddies to travel.

She honestly thinks she is a Queen.[/QUOTE]
    There's plenty of legitimate things to criticize her about, being a hypocrite and pandering to voters isn't one of them. Unless there's a politician that doesn't do it ;)

I guess your wife just bought 150k worth of clothing in the last month too then?

She is one of us right?

[QUOTE=CTM;2819015]There's plenty of legitimate things to criticize her about, being a hypocrite and pandering to voters isn't one of them. Unless there's a politician that doesn't do it ;)[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;2819018]I guess your wife just bought 150k worth of clothing in the last month too then?[/QUOTE]

Close enough. God damn J-Crew. :steamin:

All Pro
    The only reason I care about this is to wonder what she looked like before the makeover... she must have looked like Boxcar Annie. That's some makeover.... where were queer eyes for straight guys when you need 'em. :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2819018]I guess your wife just bought 150k worth of clothing in the last month too then?

She is one of us right?[/QUOTE]

Yea, she's pandering.. Tell me it didn't take this incident for you to figure it out :P

She is the biggest negative factor when it comes to McCain. I can not vote for someone as arrogant and niave as Palin. She is a farce and it makes me laugh out loud every time someone tries to spin it any other way.

Palin came out swinging on day one and it all backfired.

[QUOTE=CTM;2819054]Yea, she's pandering.. Tell me it didn't take this incident for you to figure it out :P[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2819066]She is the biggest negative factor when it comes to McCain. I can not vote for someone as arrogant and niave as Palin. She is a farce and it makes me laugh out loud every time someone tries to spin it any other way.

Palin came out swinging on day one and it all backfired.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

The fact that she still doesn't know the role of the VP should automatically disqualify her..

[QUOTE=CTM;2819135]Exactly.

The fact that she still doesn't know the role of the VP should automatically disqualify her..[/QUOTE]

You watch Chris Matthew's today? He nailed that Nancy Pfhdfhniggfdfdf

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2818998]...hair, and makeovers in the two months since she's been nominated. The 150 thousand was paid for by the Republican National Committee.

[URL="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/22/AR2008102202187.html?hpid=artslot"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/22/AR2008102202187.html?hpid=artslot[/URL][/QUOTE]

who cares?? good luck with your obam ticket!! remember you reep what you sow...if this is what america wants so be it.. obama presidency= the beginning of the end for our democracy as we know it!!

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2818998]...hair, and makeovers in the two months since she's been nominated. The 150 thousand was paid for by the Republican National Committee.

[URL="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/22/AR2008102202187.html?hpid=artslot"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/22/AR2008102202187.html?hpid=artslot[/URL][/QUOTE]

I'm voting for Obama, but WHO CARES! Why does this matter to anyone?

How hard was it for you to be able to block out the last 8 years?

[QUOTE=ryan10;2819145]who cares?? good luck with your obam ticket!! remember you reep what you sow...if this is what america wants so be it.. obama presidency= the beginning of the end for our democracy as we know it!![/QUOTE]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2819150]I'm voting for Obama, but WHO CARES! Why does this matter to anyone?[/QUOTE]

Because it's an example of stunningly bad judgment in the middle of a presidential election. Because it's a serious political misstep that undermines Palin's carefully crafted "just an average soccer mom" image. Because it reinforces the picture of Palin as a self-entitled elected official who bills taxpayers for personal expenses.

Compared to the real issues, I agree, it's a zero. But bear in mind, Palin isn't running on the issues...she's running on image alone. And it's hard to claim you're a pragmatic penny-pincher when you blow 150 large on clothes in less than two months.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 10-22-2008 at 11:20 PM.

As big a non-story as John Edwards' $400 haircut. So I'm sure all the folks around here who thought *that* was a big deal are just as up in arms over this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i bet mccain and biden spent twice that, each, just to get the wrinkles out!

Would the RNC or the DNC pay for that procedure?

Palin was in the store looking for Mr. Marcus to thank him for the 50k worth of clothes.

[QUOTE=isired;2819209]i bet mccain and biden spent twice that, each, just to get the wrinkles out![/QUOTE]